Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Nikolaj Ehlers signs extension (7 years, $6M AAV)

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Outstanding deal for the Jets. Ehlers and Laine are best buddies, so this might also make negotiations with Laine go smoothly.

Ehlers and Scheifele for just over $12M for the next 7 years is outstanding value.

Chevy locking up that core.

This! Well done, from a Leaf fan.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
A side note: Chevy was due for a hectic summer in 2018, with several core players becoming RFAs (+ Little and Enstrom as UFAs). He has already managed to knock off two of the four most important contracts out of the way in Ehlers and Little, and done so in a very cap-friendly fashion.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
seeing these core players signing for such reasonable amounts to me shows they want to play together more then anything... I'm hoping this may end up effecting Trouba's decisions to stay or go.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughey

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah I Big Buff is who I was thinking of. Not sure if there was any issue with Ladd and Trouba.

Buff isn't really an overpay considering we got him on a pretty favorable term 5 years, plus his NTC isn't that restrictive after this season. Also he's something like 4th in dmen scoring over the last 3 to 4 seasons solid argue his caphit is market value atm.

Nov 24, 2006
seeing these core players signing for such reasonable amounts to me shows they want to play together more then anything... I'm hoping this may end up effecting Trouba's decisions to stay or go.

Came in here to say this.

I think these guys (Little, Ehlers, Scheifele) are taking very reasonable deals because they must think the team is headed in the right direction. Hopefully Trouba gets on board long term as well.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Ah the main boards, where we look at how every contract affects the leafs....
You'd be correct, but Nylander and Ehlers have been billed as comparable since they were drafted, and absolutely nothing has changed in that regard. It's perfectly logical for Leafs fans to compare Nylander to Ehlers for contract status, because I expected the same as well.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
I don't hate this deal...

I LOVE IT!!!

Such a steal, I don't get why people keep hating on Cheveldayoff, who can pull this off? Ehlers is worth at least 7.5M a season.
The problem is he literally does nothing else. The team should have been in the playoffs pretty much the last five seasons, but were not even close most years.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Just keep signing players from egalitarian Scandinavian/Nordic countries where demanding a disproportionate share of the pie for yourself is frowned upon.

Reactions: WPGNYRFan

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
That's a steal for the Jets. I'd definitely say Ehlers and Nylander and Marner are very comparable. I doubt Nylander and Marner take 6M, they know how much money the Leafs make and how much more expensive it is to live in Toronto than the Peg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad