Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Nikolaj Ehlers signs extension (7 years, $6M AAV)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The problem is he literally does nothing else. The team should have been in the playoffs pretty much the last five seasons, but were not even close most years.

Have a look at the Jets roster for the 2012 season. If you think that team "should have been in the playoffs" you must think the we are cup bound this year. There was some talent there for sure but this team had no business being anywhere near the playoffs until the last 2 seasons at best. We barely squeaked in for 2015 and that was a stretch to think that team could even make much noise.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I would be shocked if Nylander takes a similar team discount and signs for the same or a lesser number. Shocked.

Well yeah, Nylander will probably score more than Ehlers last year. He has a chance to earn himself more money with his play this season.

In any case, this is obviously a good deal for the Jets.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This is gonna be a real bargain for the Jets in the very near future. Heck, it's a solid contract for the team even if Ehlers plateaus as a 60 to 65 point player. If he keeps progressing, it's going to look like an absolute steal.

pomx

May 15, 2014
Rather have Ehlers with this contract than Eichel. Good deal for Jets.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That's a heck of a deal for Winnipeg. If they can keep their salaries that reasonable that's a huge advantage when assembling a long term contender.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Good cap hit and term for a very good young player.

I also like that it's a good deal for the team, but not SUCH a steal that Ehlers will feel way underpaid. This is exactly the kind of deal you want your stars to sign - on the low end of the reasonable range, a good deal for the team where the player doesn't get screwed either.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Steal, i look at this contract then look at Eichel's.. head scratcher. I get that Eichel is a center but that still doesn't justify a 4M difference between the 2.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Hedman looks like a Viking, Laine looks like he's Amish but can only raise barns by moonlight because his skin is too fair to be out during the day
Meh, better than having nostrils so far up even rain gets in.

Great deal for the Jets. They're definitely building something special here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad