Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Nikolaj Ehlers signs extension (7 years, $6M AAV)

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Really like this for the Jets. Also like it as a Leafs fan, probably keeps Willie around 6mil as well.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow. Nice one Jets!

We might not get a discount on Matthews but we definitely will for Nylander and Marner given Pastrnak and Ehlers contracts.

Ehlers could have gotten more had he played out the year though, I think he's going to be really good this year. Expecting him to put up 70+ points with ease if he's healthy.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bargain, good deal for sure. He should have waited out the season.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Outstanding deal for the Jets. Ehlers and Laine are best buddies, so this might also make negotiations with Laine go smoothly.

Ehlers and Scheifele for just over $12M for the next 7 years is outstanding value.

Chevy locking up that core.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Outstanding deal for the Jets. Ehlers and Laine are best buddies, so this might also make negotiations with Laine go smoothly.

Ehlers and Scheifele for just over $12M for the next 7 years is outstanding value.

Chevy locking up that core.

It's important to get discounts on guys like Scheifele/Ehlers but Laine is a completely different kind of player. He was putting up 35 goals as a D+1 player. I think he's getting more than Draisaitl at least and if he puts up 40-50 goals this year, Patrick Kane money is very possible.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Damn, nice deal for Winnipeg. Leafs fans should be rejoicing a bit now with the Marner and Nylander contracts on the horizon. I'd sign Nylander to this deal right now if I was them.

And can people stop comparing every contract to Draisaitl's and it's always annoying Leafs fans.
Draisaitl and Ehlers aren't comparables.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad