Would you trade Scheifele for Eichel?

Scheifele for Eichel?

• Total voters

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Without D men capable of feeding the forwards with breakout passes, Chef as been useless. Don’t blame Chef. Blame the GM for decimating the defence.

Reactions: Orrrules

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Without D men capable of feeding the forwards with breakout passes, Chef as been useless. Don’t blame Chef. Blame the GM for decimating the defence.

Our defensemen aren’t the reason he’s playing lazy and selfish. They’re not the reason he’s cheating for offense without helping out enough defensively. He was the one that got benched.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Our defensemen aren’t the reason he’s playing lazy and selfish. They’re not the reason he’s cheating for offense without helping out enough defensively. He was the one that got benched.
Wouldn’t it be nice though if our best forward wasn’t asked to focus more on defence and less on offence.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Lazy and selfish no. Cheat for offence is not the greatest sin.

No but it’s a product of the other two. I’m not arguing we don’t have serious issues on the back end, but when one of our leaders is clearly playing lazy and selfish, it’s a bad sign.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
No but it’s a product of the other two. I’m not arguing we don’t have serious issues on the back end, but when one of our leaders is clearly playing lazy and selfish, it’s a bad sign.
No argument there. I’d bench him for a couple of games. I bet we’d see a marked improvement in Dubois game if he were the #1 centre for a couple of games.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
The Jets would never do this as it’d just be a sidegrade and would destroy the integrity of the team.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Eichel would cost Scheifele and a massive add, like Ehlers or Connor.
Imo - That would be a massive overpayment.

For sure there needs to be an add, but a ppg C AND an elite winger for Eichel? I mean he also has that injury history - He has yet to play a full season (Yes only 1 game off in 15-16) But the rest have been 77 games on the season at best.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I've long thought that Eichel is one of the major problems in that locker room. Guy calls out his teammates all the time and has gotten how many coaches fired in Buffalo? Dude is a ticking time bomb.
Please link me to some of those under the bus throwings, I was unaware of this reputation.:nod:

No, I rarely follow what goes on in Buffalo.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not ready to give up on Scheifele. He managed to remain a top scorer despite his struggles.

A new coach and a top pair d are what this team needs

Agree - but I would do Eichel for Scheifele. We would add but not nearly as much as some people here seem to think. The difference in contracts is already a fairly big add.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've long thought that Eichel is one of the major problems in that locker room. Guy calls out his teammates all the time and has gotten how many coaches fired in Buffalo? Dude is a ticking time bomb.

Did he call out teammates? Yes. did he have reason to? Yes. Etc, etc.

That said, I get a concerning vibe from him also. But it is hard to judge, considering the s**t show Buf has been for years. It is a legitimate concern but I am not sure how to rate it. I go on the assumption that Chevy has enough inside knowledge to be able to put it in perspective.

So, I say do it, but with the caveat that Chevy is confident that issue could be dealt with.

Scheifele's NTC might be the bigger stumbling block.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
The difference between the two is not Heinola/1st/+
Maybe not. But the difference in what other teams would most likely offer would be Heinola and a 1st. Don't forget this trade wouldn't take place in a vacuum. There would be a lineup of teams trying to outbid each other to get a young centre talent like Eichel.

Reactions: BatVader

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

The GM did not decimate the defense. Not even remotely close to what happened.

Buff retired. We had all known for a couple of years that that was getting close. Do you think we should have given Myers the contract Vancouver did? Of course you don't. It isn't as bad, but Chiarot got overpaid by Montreal. Do you think we should have offered as much? Do you think Chiarot was the difference maker on our D corps?

Then there was Trouba. He forced his way out. He had to go. Chevy got a replacement for him who has outperformed Trouba in the time since, so no loss there - and he also got us a very good prospective Dman.

So what else did Chevy do to "decimate" our D corps?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The Jets would never do this as it’d just be a sidegrade and would destroy the integrity of the team.

It wouldn't be a sidegrade. Eichel is a much better hockey player. But that is not what it would be about.

Integrity of the team? Have you been watching them lately?

There is the question of Eichel's attitude. But those bringing that up seem to be ignoring the possibility of some different attitude issues from Scheifele. Are we sure his attitude is all that much better?

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Maybe not. But the difference in what other teams would most likely offer would be Heinola and a 1st. Don't forget this trade wouldn't take place in a vacuum. There would be a lineup of teams trying to outbid each other to get a young centre talent like Eichel.

There would certainly be other interested teams. How many would be able/willing to offer a 28 YO ppg 1C in exchange? Then there are cap issues, magnified by the flat cap. Then all of the other issues being brought up here by people who say they would not do it at all. Other teams would have those same concerns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad