Would you trade Scheifele for Eichel?

Scheifele for Eichel?

• Total voters

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I know times are tough and this team looks really bad right now but I think this is less about coaching and more about team culture. I have thought since last year Scheifele may need a change of scenery. It is obvious Eichel does. Perhaps, there is a deal to be done. If Gretzky could be traded then certainly either of those guys can be.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Eichel would cost Scheifele and a massive add, like Ehlers or Connor.
I just assume given the general “acceptance” in the hockey world of 55 as an elite number one centre that Buffalo would view Scheifele - even at his age - as representing an upgrade. I sometimes get the feeling that casual observers of this team from outside of Winnipeg are unaware of inconsistencies in his game since the Vegas series.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Pretty sure the Sabres would do that deal in a second
I dare you to put it in the main boards to gauge Buffalo fans reactions. It would not be pretty.

No way in hell they would do it 1 for 1. Jets would be adding Perfetti and 1st at least.

You have to keep in mind if Buffalo does decide to trade there would be another 30 teams interested in getting Eichel. In turn meaning a bidding war.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
I'm not understanding how you think this way. Scheifele for Eichel 1 for 1 is not in the realm of possibility.

I didn’t realize Eichel had ever scored 14 goals in a playoff series so I assumed even at his advancing age Scheifele would be considered the more valuable player.
Is Eichel better than 55?

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
55’s play has dropped off so much over the last few years he may be viewed as a reclamation project for some team. If I was Buffalo, I’d want a massive add too.
I’m not sure the rest of the league has discovered our dirty little secret that 55’s game is currently falling apart. The Jets don’t get a ton of league wide attention and I feel like the rest of the hockey world still sees him as the guy who scored 14 goals a couple years ago in the playoffs.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I dare you to put it in the main boards to gauge Buffalo fans reactions. It would not be pretty.

No way in hell they would do it 1 for 1. Jets would be adding Perfetti and 1st at least.

You have to keep in mind if Buffalo does decide to trade there would be another 30 teams interested in getting Eichel. In turn meaning a bidding war.

How about adding another top line whe...winger? :naughty:

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
I'm not ready to give up on Scheifele. He managed to remain a top scorer despite his struggles.

A new coach and a top pair d are what this team needs

I agree with this. Schief was growing so fast and becoming so utterly dominant up through 2018... that player is still there somewhere. I'm extremely interested to see how he responds to some new voices and leadership. I think we should have a lot of faith in this guy to turn it around.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I voted your yes option, even though I had thought of this. Long ago. As others have said, Buffalo wouldn't do this straight up. So, I would throw in Morrissey and (can't believe I'm saying this) our 1st round pick. And I love having 1st round picks. That's how much I want Scheifele gone. They guy is a big part of the core meltdown IMO.

Note to @brendan smith... Scheif ain't no Ned Flanders. :nod:

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I voted your yes option, even though I had thought of this. Long ago. As others have said, Buffalo wouldn't do this straight up. So, I would throw in Morrissey and (can't believe I'm saying this) our 1st round pick. And I love having 1st round picks. That's how much I want Scheifele gone. They guy is a big part of the core meltdown IMO.

Note to @brendan smith... Scheif ain't no Ned Flanders. :nod:

Sounds like you know more about him than most.
I still think he has some solid years just like Laine does but change sometimes is needed to move forward and it may also cost a top dman but if Heinola is Morrisey with more offensive upside and they keep Pionk and PLD to me this is a dream trade; might be a pipe dream but I am tired of the Scheifele show.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad