Would you trade Scheifele for Eichel?

Scheifele for Eichel?

• Total voters

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I voted yes. Eichel is younger and better. But only way I make this deal is if I'm sending the equivalent of Eichels salary back to Buffalo.

So since that won't happen... I'd just move on from Maurice cuz I'm not convinced scheif is a big Maurice supporter. Still go back to when Maurices extension was announced.. Scheifs answer... They didn't ask me.

So conclusion.. scheif is either entitled and feels who coaches should be his decision also or he just isn't a fan of Maurice. Seriously one of the more strange answers a player has ever given. They didn't ask me aka if they did he wouldn't have been extended.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I voted yes. Eichel is younger and better. But only way I make this deal is if I'm sending the equivalent of Eichels salary back to Buffalo.

So since that won't happen... I'd just move on from Maurice cuz I'm not convinced scheif is a big Maurice supporter. Still go back to when Maurices extension was announced.. Scheifs answer... They didn't ask me.

So conclusion.. scheif is either entitled and feels who coaches should be his decision also or he just isn't a fan of Maurice. Seriously one of the more strange answers a player has ever given. They didn't ask me aka if they did he wouldn't have been extended.
I forgot about that but I think Scheif is entitled and has not won anything to feel that way. He is not Michael Jordan or Tom Brady heck he is not evem Bogosian who has one cup(soon to be two)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
No way in hell Buffalo makes this trade, especially if it is player-for-player.

The Jets would also be foolish to throw in a top D-men, since this is our weak spot.

The only way I see this trade even being considered by the Sabres, is if we add Ehlers + a high draft pick.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
That additional cap hit from Eichel is a lot can be equavalent of 1 quality middle pair dmen.

And i also think Jets will Hve to add a high pick or a player.

Eichel is the better player, and younger and sign longer. I probably take him while crying at the same time as we are losing Scheifele , the face of the Jets 2.0

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I don't remember that, you would have expected to hear something like "Glad he's back, he's been a great coach" etc....

It seems to me he gets a lot of tire pumping by his vets but you really don't hear much about him from the mid 20 guys like Scheifele, Morrissey, Copp, Ehlers etc.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Buffalo won't do that trade due to the remaining team control. Scheifele will only have three years left and by the looks of it Buffalo is looking at another full on rebuild. Rheinhardt and Ristolinaen have pretty much indicated that they are gone once they hit FA so both will likely be traded this summer. Scheifele at his age and contract status doesn't fit a team rebuilding.

They would want a heavy future package imo and we don't have the cap space nor do we have the assets now to get him. Nor do I think he is neccessary with Scheifele, Dubois on the team and with Perfetti in the system. We need to focus on fixing our RD.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I like Scheifele. He's a career-long Jet, he is highly skilled, he's our best and most productive player. I'd keep him at this point. A Scheifele/Eichel one-two punch would be great, but I would keep Mark at this point.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
buffalo is a dumb organization that is addicted to making bad trades and hilariously even worse signings. probably wouldn't need to include scheifele in a deal for eichel with those bozos.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
No.jpg

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
buffalo is a dumb organization that is addicted to making bad trades and hilariously even worse signings. probably wouldn't need to include scheifele in a deal for eichel with those bozos.
Their number one problem is their owners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad