Would trading Kadri for T. J. Brodie and Mark Jankowski worked out better?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It would depend on what else was involved, but I would definitely take Kerfoot over Jankowski. Jankowski is a non-tender candidate after this year and even when he was "good", he was mostly just fed favourable minutes.

Brodie is probably a better fit than Barrie, but I would say the gap is less than Kerfoot and Jankowski.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Is Barrie not a defenseman?

I think people are forgetting because of how this year went how much better Barrie was with Colorado.

I think the point was to get a better/longer term defenseman instead of getting one year of a defenseman + a 3C. I was saying that the better/longer term defenseman may not have been available for Kadri (or at all).

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Is Barrie not a defenseman?

I think people are forgetting because of how this year went how much better Barrie was with Colorado.
Back to back 14 goal seasons for colorado.... both in less than 82 games. He comes to Toronto and Babs puts him on pp2. I think Babs is a good coach, but his stubborness and obsession with one type of player likely has cost him more cups than he has won. I would be very curious to see a babcock coached and gmed team...much like Quinn did in the past. Who knows it may be very successful...it would likely be one hell of a hardworking team. Might not be the most skilled...but very blue collar. Would be interesting for sure.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Nope, I think it would've just been best to keep Kadri. People keep saying he was out of place but that's more to do with Babcock being a rigid idiot who refused to shuffle lines. Keefe would've used him far more effectively and likely would've given him some extra shifts on the wing with JT and Matthews.

Kerfoot is basically mayonnaise and Barrie was not what this team needed at all

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Should have just kept Kadri. His defence and hustle was much better than Kerfoot and the other guy, Liles or whatever his name was.

Then again, Kerf with two against the Habs, let's see if he can prove me wrong.

How can you be enough of a fan to come to a message board, yet not enough of a fan to even know the players' names? Also, why would you bother to share your opinion as if you know anything, when you don't even know their names?

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
How can you be enough of a fan to come to a message board, yet not enough of a fan to even know the players' names? Also, why would you bother to share your opinion as if you know anything, when you don't even know their names?
Sarcasm flew over your head. I don't care enough about Barrie to mention his name.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I prefer the trade they went with + don't forget we got Lehtonen for free for next year who was great in the KHL for many years.

Reactions: Koolboss

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
As someone who lives in Calgary and gets to watch the Flames quite often, Brodie is definitely a product of playing with Gio. Many of my die-hard Flames fan friends really are not big fans of Brodie, and would like to see him gone.

I was a fan of the trade at the time. It is too bad Barrie had a rough start with Babcock, but he did appear to be much closer to his Colorado form after Keefe was brought on. Hopefully he has a good playoffs and we can chalk this up as a win.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad