Would trading Kadri for T. J. Brodie and Mark Jankowski worked out better?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I'm not going to look in the rear view mirror or look at the past right now.

Lets see what Kerfoot & Barrie can do in the playoffs this year. If they have a good playoffs, we will forget a lot about what happened during the season.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
One breaks his face and the other gets Babcock'd.....and it's all Dubas' fault.

It's apparent that the 2020 Olympics did hand out medals for gymnastics (mental ones).

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
This is the worst argument ever.

Trading someone with the most heart and highest compete level on the team is never the best option.

The highest compete level? Wow him throwing a borderline hit every 10 games really did the trick for him. Hyman is twice the worker Kadri is and actually uses his body to win the puck consistently, not clip people who pissed him off. Retaliating because someone pissed you off is putting the name before the logo.

There was a reason he thrived with the spotlight on him shutting McDavid down but couldn't play boring in-zone system D well.

Reactions: kb

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
One breaks his face and the other gets Babcock'd.....and it's all Dubas' fault.

It's apparent that the 2020 Olympics did hand out medals for gymnastics (mental ones).
How do Dubas defenders still exist?

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
The highest compete level? Wow him throwing a borderline hit every 10 games really did the trick for him. Hyman is twice the worker Kadri is and actually uses his body to win the puck consistently, not clip people who pissed him off. Retaliating because someone pissed you off is putting the name before the logo.

There was a reason he thrived with the spotlight on him shutting McDavid down but couldn't play boring in-zone system D well.
We're a better team with Kadri than with Liles and Kerfoot. That's the bottom line. Though Kerfoot has been decent these 2 games, so let's hope he can change my mind.

Reactions: Koolboss

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I would have taken Brodie over Barrie.

IMO Kerfoot is better than Jankowski right now, but Jankowski would replace Gauthier.
Calgary fans say Brodie is a major beneficiary of playing with Giordano. And the Leafs would still have to trade for a 3rd line C with Jankowski.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
We're a better team with Kadri than with Liles and Kerfoot. That's the bottom line. Though Kerfoot has been decent these 2 games, so let's hope he can change my mind.
You mean someone forgot Kerfoot had a broken face early in the season that he played through, and we hadn't yet seen the real Kerfoot?

Not a surprise. Hate blinds.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Calgary fans say Brodie is a major beneficiary of playing with Giordano. And the Leafs would still have to trade for a 3rd line C with Jankowski.

No doubt, but I was never high on Barrie, and what he's done on the Leafs hasn't changed my opinion on him.

Most players would benefit playing with a Norris winner.

Jankowski was coming off 14 and 17 goal seasons, he isn't a kid by any stretch, but he was a player I'd have experimented with.

Kerfoot didn't exactly impress as 3rd. line center this year anyway.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
No doubt, but I was never high on Barrie, and what he's done on the Leafs hasn't changed my opinion on him.

Most players would benefit playing with a Norris winner.

Jankowski was coming off 14 and 17 goal seasons, he isn't a kid by any stretch, but he was a player I'd have experimented with.

Kerfoot didn't exactly impress as 3rd. line center this year anyway.
Well, Kerfoot did get injured early in the year. A caved in face and full shield is not fun to play with.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
And Jankowski got a new coach and had a dreadful start, and I believe had an ankle issue.

So neither one of them screamed "I'm the guy!"
With both being hurt, it's tough to get any kind of read. But Kerfoot looks a lot faster and stronger on the puck now than he did prior to all this. Hope it continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad