Would Enforcers have prevented Kassian's kick?

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Is this a joke? Kassian is one of those guys who “police” the game and play by “the code” if anything it proves these types of player were the biggest rats in the NHL.

So how does Kassian answer to the code now does a player get to skater over his arm or face?

Reactions: Riddum and 1989

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
It didn’t stop Kassian from throwing a few borderline hits when those teams met in the playoffs later that season.
That's not how the game was, it wasn't simply about fights there were players that would HURT you if you played chicken shit hockey like Kassian does. And everyone knew it. And to that point all the players understood that's how it was, kept everyone honest.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
If you have to ask this question, it’s a really strong indicator that you’re not going to build a very strong, rational argument going forward.

But to answer your question, no, I haven’t.

I asked because when you play against a deterrent that player is in the back of your mind the entire game. Non players will say its reactionary but when there is a guy that can smash your face in on the other bench you legit think about it when on the ice.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You're defeating your own argument, 3 player concussions a goon enforcer would have made sure that didn't happen. I've been watching hockey long enough to remember the self enforcing thing did work, no way Wilson would be running around trying to hurt players or he'd be picking his teeth off the ice.

Wilson has fought Dalton Prout, Zdeno Chara, Ryan Reaves (more than once), Ross Johnston. He never picked his teeth off the ice once and he’d be doing the exact same thing in whatever era it is that you’re looking at with your nostalgia goggles.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Wilson has fought Dalton Prout, Zdeno Chara, Ryan Reaves (more than once), Ross Johnston. He never picked his teeth off the ice once and he’d be doing the exact same thing in whatever era it is that you’re looking at with your nostalgia goggles.
It's not just about fighting. Honestly you don't understand the game very well.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I asked because when you play against a deterrent that player is in the back of your mind the entire game. Non players will say its reactionary but when there is a guy that can smash your face in on the other bench you legit think about it when on the ice.

I do play beer league and I can tell you that when the shittiest players are on the ice, they are on the back of my mind for the entire game. I want to get out there on the ice with them every shift.

I imagine that’s what it’s like for modern day NHLers when they get out on the ice against useless goons.

Reactions: stopclickbait

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The so called taking liberties thing, yea it did. Kicking, no because almost no player is crazy or stupid eno

Chara gets the "veteran" pass a fair bit I find it ridiculous but it's not going to end until he retires.

the point is if a guy is crazy or stupid enough to do something like this he is probably not afraid of an enforcer or thinking about getting beat up. In fact, players who do dirty stuff like this don’t think at all.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With some players, I do believe enforcers would make them think twice. I just don't believe Kassian has that ability, so, no.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It's not just about fighting. Honestly you don't understand the game very well.

The “game” that you think I don’t understand is a hazy, inaccurate picture of whatever you thought the “game” was during the era that you’re looking back on with your nostalgia goggles.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
I do play beer league and I can tell you that when the ****tiest players are on the ice, they are on the back of my mind for the entire game. I want to get out there on the ice with them every shift.

I imagine that’s what it’s like for modern day NHLers when they get out on the ice against useless goons.

The thing is the useless goons even at the NHL level can still skate well enough to stay in the play. The difference between the useless goons and the stars is not the skating as much as what you can do when you are skating with the puck.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You're defeating your own argument, 3 player concussions a goon enforcer would have made sure that didn't happen. I've been watching hockey long enough to remember the self enforcing thing did work, no way Wilson would be running around trying to hurt players or he'd be picking his teeth off the ice.

Huh? He just proved that supplementary does work. Better than the idea of icing a goon who will get skated around in circles or take stupid penalties in today's game, there's a reason they faded out, because they're a net negative to a team.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The thing is the useless goons even at the NHL level can still skate well enough to stay in the play. The difference between the useless goons and the stars is not the skating as much as what you can do when you are skating with the puck.

Okay, my turn to ask you if you’ve ever done something.

Have you ever watched Micheal Haley play 104 games for your favorite team?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I do play beer league and I can tell you that when the ****tiest players are on the ice, they are on the back of my mind for the entire game. I want to get out there on the ice with them every shift.

Yeah it's kind of funny when people act like professionals who eat and breathe hockey might be afraid of bad players who may be physical. They are not

Reactions: Auston Escobar

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
Okay, my turn to ask you if you’ve ever done something.

Have you ever watched Micheal Haley play 104 games for your favorite team?

If I ever done something? I played 4 years in the SJHL which is nothing just Junior A hockey. But I mean it is the same league that Jaden Schwartz played in.

I can tell you Michael Haley is a decent skater, but yes terrible hockey player.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
No, the NHL really really sucks at disciplining their players. Fighting is in past and should be done with already. NHL is adapting too slowly and now you got too many dirty plays happening to often. Chara cross check to neck and Kassian kick only gets 7 games. What if the receiving players got hospitalized with life threatening injuries, the way NHL disciplines maybe 2 games for Chara and 8 games for Kassian.

And one major reason is they have former players who are from the old hockey disciplining players. NHL needs new people to take control of discipline who want to see the game move forward. Maybe even some one new in charge cuz Gary Bettman is part of the problem too. IMO.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
No? Enforcers aren't some sort of boogeymen that instill fear into the hearts of men. They're a waste of a roster spot and only make people think twice about doing stupid things if they're out on the ice. Even then a guy like Kassian would maybe take a few punches to the visor or helmet and then move on with the game.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Also psychological testing should be mandatory for the safety of other players. There is no way Kassian passes one of these tests and he is 1 play away from ending someones career on the ice or worse.

But the nhl enabled him, so they only have themselves to blame when it happens.

barabas21

Mar 9, 2016
Also psychological testing should be mandatory for the safety of other players. There is no way Kassian passes one of these tests and he is 1 play away from ending someones career on the ice or worse.

But the nhl enabled him, so they only have themselves to blame when it happens.

Ok Psychological testing should be mandatory for being a lawyer. I can tell you it is not.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Maybe.

It's kinda sad that there are no more enforcers to put rats like Kassian in their place. Suckering people from behind and kicking them with your skate blade is no bueno. He's truly Matt Cooke 2.0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad