TV: Worst Show you've watched from start to finish

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Perfect Strangers

Edit: lol at anyone saying Breaking Bad. Gimme a break
Have you read the several posts explaining this? It's an opinion anyway, but there's a very logical reason why that might be the choice for someone. There isn't a negative comment in here about that show, it's just a logical possible answer based on the OP. If the question was "worst show you watched too much of" I'm sure it wouldn't even be mentioned.

Last edited:

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
If only I watched season 2 of Fear the walking dead it would easily be first on my list.

That's my answer.. I couldn't think of what my answer was until I read this. If I had to think of something else I'd say Black Sails was a show I couldn't get past the end of the 1st season or slightly into the second wherever I stopped..

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

I just binged the whole series after really enjoying Season 1 when it aired originally and not watching the rest. I started with Heroes Reborn last years new season then watched Season 2-4. It was actually pretty awesome. Not near the drop off after Season 1 as I had heard there was.

I don't think Heroes is a bad show at all. It was actually really enjoyable and compelling. Hiro is pretty much the awesomest "Hero" in the genre ever!

I did the same thing with Prison Break. Watched the first season then heard the rest wasn't very good. But then binge watched the rest a year or two ago and found the rest of the series to be pretty good and enjoyable and have not near the drop off in quality after season 1 as critics and fans had said was the case.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Rocket Robin Hood

0475d17597cda81315a8d358c7f82f82.jpg

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Some of these shows were cancelled and i had watched all episodes.

Terra Nova
Under The Dome
True Blood
Flash Forward

There are Many shows that just disappointed but i wouldn't necessarily say are the worst

examples: Prison Break, Hell on Wheels

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
For me its The Walking Dead

I have dedicated however many years to the show that I just want to follow along to see how the wrap it up. It is truly an awful show that has 1 or 2 good episodes a season, the rest is just unbelievably boring. Regardless, I will continue to watch only to be disappointed for another 3-4 years (presumably) :laugh:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
The Strain will probably rank high on my list, as I'll watch the last season for some reason, and shake my head throughout the episode.

Saved by the Bell is probably #1, all time. Lord, I watched that show a lot growing up.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Not sure whether it counts since I only watched it as a teen but I say MacGyver. A repetitive, formulaic one-man show with very irritating sidekicks (Jack Dalton, Penny Parker), laughably bad and/or ridiculous villains and often really boring plots. Yet Richard Dean Anderson and a (at the time) unique premise made this a hit show for 7 seasons. Must've been a lot of Patties and Selmas out there.

It seems like you may be judging a show for being full of 80s staples (repetitive plots, annoying sidekicks, ridiculous villains) because those things have gone out of style since. All of those things were common in the 80s and not seen as negatives. You also didn't need to be a "Patty" or "Selma" to like the show. It had wide appeal among both females and males (I was one). I think that you need to judge a show by how good it was at the time that it was on. Recent shows that many consider to be the best on TV (ex. Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, The Wire, Lost) may seem laughably bad compared to TV shows in the 2040s, as well. That won't mean that they're bad shows, though, since that judgment ought to be based on the TV landscape that they aired during, IMO.

Saved by the Bell is probably #1, all time. Lord, I watched that show a lot growing up.

This is an honest question, but should we be listing shows that we watched and liked as kids? After all, how is it a bad show if it was targeted at the age range that we watched it during and we liked it? It may seem totally stupid and awful to us nowadays, but it wasn't targeted at 30-somethings in 2017. It was targeted at teens and pre-teens in the 80s and 90s and was exactly what most of those of us then liked.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Season 3 of Arrow AINEC

A show where the entire universe of the show was complete and utter dysfunctional people? It was awesome.

It's a dry humor. However, they really didn't change the formula of the show after a few episodes.

I know it's dry humor but it's executed horribly. The jokes are fired off at a million miles per minute and nothing about the show has time or room to breathe. And then some jokes are just crude for the sake of being edgy. Like I'm not so sensitive that I can't handle racist jokes but they weren't even clever.

The only joke I remember making me laugh was when the main guy is emailing a terrorist and the one smart girl goes "you wrote 'aloha akbar'" and he just goes
'they'll get the point'

It's trying too hard to be moonbeam city which was a mediocre show trying too hard to be Archer

Last edited:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
What comes to mind for me was
Studio 60 on the sunset strip.

I really wanted to like it, and hoped it was going to get better over time.

The plug was pulled on the show, and it was probably a good thing.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
For me its The Walking Dead

I have dedicated however many years to the show that I just want to follow along to see how the wrap it up. It is truly an awful show that has 1 or 2 good episodes a season, the rest is just unbelievably boring. Regardless, I will continue to watch only to be disappointed for another 3-4 years (presumably) :laugh:

I read an article about how the bad writing is masked by shocking deaths. I agree.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
With all the naming of The Walking Dead here, I'm glad I suspected it would be/become bad and never bothered watching it.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The Strain will probably rank high on my list, as I'll watch the last season for some reason, and shake my head throughout the episode.

I'd probably agree with this for myself too. I don't hate the show, it's just OK entertainment that isn't very objectively good. I'm actually surprised that it isn't better based on FX's increasingly good programming standard.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I read an article about how the bad writing is masked by shocking deaths. I agree.

The "character development" in the show feels so tacked-on and try-hard, as if the writers were told "you're supposed to make your characters deep and compelling" and then they tried to do that, with no clue how to go about it.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Mind of the Married Man

Really? It's been over ten years, but I thought it was pretty good.

The Nanny gets my vote. I was probably brain dead in the 90's because I actually thought it was funny. Seeing old episodes now is painful.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Attempting to sound edgy.

No I totally understand why
I stopped after 2 seasons as it was unbearable
a stupid teacher screaming and getting mad at the junkie all the time even if he actually needs this junkie to do everything for him
his stupid wife and kid getting annoying all the time

the only bearable characters were his brother-in-law and Tuco
then I stopped watching

painful to watch when you want to punch the main character most of the time/ root for him to get a beating

(sorry I am a very peaceful person lol but this show... I just cant)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
No I totally understand why
I stopped after 2 seasons as it was unbearable
a stupid teacher screaming and getting mad at the junkie all the time even if he actually needs this junkie to do everything for him
his stupid wife and kid getting annoying all the time

the only bearable characters were his brother-in-law and Tuco
then I stopped watching

painful to watch when you want to punch the main character most of the time/ root for him to get a beating

(sorry I am a very peaceful person lol but this show... I just cant)

That's kind of the point of the show, the hate all the characters...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad