TV: Worst Show you've watched from start to finish

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Attempting to sound edgy.
It's probably more because it was a good show but a lot of people don't think it's the GOAT. Maybe that's not what the OP is really asking (?), but if I ranked all the shows I've watched completely, Breaking Bad would probably be last. Not because it's a bad show, because if a show isn't that good I'm probably not going to watch all of it, and there are several shows I preferred to Breaking Bad. Off the top of my head, it's probably the only show I watched completely but didn't bother ever re-watching it.

Edit: no, my answer is definitely HIMYM. Forgot I even watched all of that. I'm sure there's half a dozen cartoons/Nickelodeon shows I watched "completely" growing up but I'm not counting stuff like that. There's also several more recent shows I don't remember if I watched every single episode or not.

The Sopranos
Seinfeld
The Wire
Six Feet Under
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Frasier
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Arrested Development
Breaking Bad

Firefly (not sure if that even counts)
Friends
How I Met Your Mother

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Upon further review, it's gotta be Saved By The Bell.

source.gif

I was gonna saw this. I re-watched it a couple years ago start to finish. Fond memories of my childhood, but man is it the cheesiest show ever made or what?

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I'm a few episodes behind, but I think The Walking Dead. It's a pretty dumb show, but at this point, it's like a guilty pleasure. I watch it to hate it, to make fun of it. It still has some decent parts but it is so hokey.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was thinking bad shows. Of course that is subjective, but if Breaking Bad is the worst show you ever watched all of, man I wish I lived that sweet TV life.

I think most people have a few shows that were just bad, but we watched all of for one reason or another (it started good, it was background noise, hate watching, a combination of all of that).

I'm 100% up to date with Curse of Oak Island. This show is straight garbage, but I can't stop for some reason because I NEED to see their final failure.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Some people stop watching anything the second they think a show is bad. In that context, Breaking Bad makes sense.

If I couldn't pick shows from my childhood (where I watched things that I thought were good at the time, but now I think are bad), only picking stuff I saw after 18, it would be something like that as well. Probably Game of Thrones or something.

You guys don't actually watch every episode of your guilty pleasures, do you? Aren't guilty pleasures usually a once-in-a-while thing?

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I stop watching a show when I don't like it anymore. So the worst of the stuff I like? Probably some cancelled show. Space above and beyond or so.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Hey if we are being edgy:

The Sopranos- was mostly boring, overacted, and the most overrated show in history by a country mile.

Defiance- it was terrible, I am embarrassed I watched it.

Dexter-wow did it become yawn inducing garbage, I mean total garbage. This I gave up the last season.

Sons of Anarchy- Another totally over rated show. I watched to the end, why why why did I do that. The best part of it was season 2, which was really good and Walter Goggins. The rest of the show should be flushed down the toilet.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
That whole idea of "trying to be edgy" just seems so baseless and removed from reality to me. What kind of sociopath would it take to say something they don't mean in order to gain internet cred from a bunch of anonymous strangers? It's a bizarre assumption to take over just simply...... someone actually organically liked that thing the least.

Edit: Actually, I guess that would be the opposite of a sociopath.

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Some people stop watching anything the second they think a show is bad. In that context, Breaking Bad makes sense.

If I couldn't pick shows from my childhood (where I watched things that I thought were good at the time, but now I think are bad), only picking stuff I saw after 18, it would be something like that as well. Probably Game of Thrones or something.

You guys don't actually watch every episode of your guilty pleasures, do you? Aren't guilty pleasures usually a once-in-a-while thing?

I stop watching a show when I don't like it anymore. So the worst of the stuff I like? Probably some cancelled show. Space above and beyond or so.

Right this is me, I don't think I've watched a show all the way through I didn't like. Star Trek Enterprise?

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Hard to say because if it wasn't that good I probably wouldn't have watched all of it. Although I watched an absolutely embarrassing amount of 2 Broke Girls. Idk probably some dumb anime I watched in highschool? There's also a lot of shows that started off great and kind of went to ****.

Terrible show. Both Broke girls are terribly beautiful. And compelling. One is super curvy bit perfect, the other is a super beautiful blonde.

Basing a show off of two ridiculously hot girls is apparently genius.

I mean it has worked for 5/6 years.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
If only I watched season 2 of Fear the walking dead it would easily be first on my list.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'm 100% up to date with Curse of Oak Island. This show is straight garbage, but I can't stop for some reason because I NEED to see their final failure.

Marty Lagina: Hey Rick, look at this!

Rick Lagina: Whoa, that's interesting. What is it?

Marty: It's a pebble.

Rick: Wait, what's that, maybe it's a pebble with a scratch mark, it could be, I don't know, but if you look closely, it could be, yeah I think it's a definitely a pebble with a scratch mark.

Marty: Let's drain the swamp and dig some more random holes.

Dave Blankenship: **** it, it's Crown Time!

Narrator: A pebble? A pebble with a strange scratch mark? On an island? How did a pebble with a strange scratch mark end up on an island? Was it buried by the Knights Templar marking the location of the Ark of the Covenant? Could it be the mark of Freemasonry used in a ceremony? Or perhaps it was stuck in the bottom of a pirate's shoe when they were hiding their treasure of gold?

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
How people can say Hercules was a bad show is beyond me.

Strain gets my pick. I had such laugh hopes for the show, especially after finding out RDM would be one of the show runners.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Not sure if this fits with the topic but The X-Files. At the very least this is the show I watched to the bitter end that had such a tremendous run for a long period of time and then completely went off the rails by the time the series finale aired. I curse Chris Carter to this very day.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Not sure if this fits with the topic but The X-Files. At the very least this is the show I watched to the bitter end that had such a tremendous run for a long period of time and then completely went off the rails by the time the series finale aired. I curse Chris Carter to this very day.

Up until the switch from Van to LA the show was by far one of the best on TV. After that switch everything changed,the writing, the atmosphere and of course the acting changes.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Not sure whether it counts since I only watched it as a teen but I say MacGyver. A repetitive, formulaic one-man show with very irritating sidekicks (Jack Dalton, Penny Parker), laughably bad and/or ridiculous villains and often really boring plots. Yet Richard Dean Anderson and a (at the time) unique premise made this a hit show for 7 seasons. Must've been a lot of Patties and Selmas out there.

Of the newer stuff I agree with Prison Break and Sons of Anarchy, both overstayed their welcome by a few years. PB would be remembered as a great show if it had ended after the first season. It got worse every year after that. SoA should have ended with Clay dying. The later seasons really soured me on Katey Sagal, too.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Up until the switch from Van to LA the show was by far one of the best on TV. After that switch everything changed,the writing, the atmosphere and of course the acting changes.

The show truly went off the rails for me after Requiem in season 7.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Entourage is easily the answer for me. When it started, I was feeling nostalgic for home, which is NY, and the characters are pretty decent archetypes for people I was friends with. Terrible show though.

Runner-up is Primeval. God, I loved that show, but what a ****ing mess.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Haven. Started with so much promise then devolved into crap after about the third season. It's clear the writers didn't think the show would last as long as it did and just sort of winged it as they went

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I vehemently resent the implication that I was trying to sound edgy by saying Breaking Bad. I said Breaking Bad because it's the worst TV show I've seen.

Also because it's terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad