Worst Outlooks

InAllOurLeafsCommand

Apr 9, 2017
Ottawa. Cheap ownership will lead to EK leaving in two years, Ryan just keeps getting worse, and the goaltending situation doesn't look good after Anderson leaves.

Montreal also has a very rough outlook, depending on how fast Weber and Price decline.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I would have said Vancouver not too long ago.

But the trade deadline, draft, and decent short term contracts in UFA changed that.

I'll go with Montreal now

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
- Zetterberg and Vanek were by FAR Detroit's best players last season.
- The farm is barren.
- Holland sucks.
- Blashill sucks.

The team is doomed for at least a decade.

How is the farm barren?? They won the Calder cup......

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Looking at their roster, it seems the majority of the guys who really produced in the playoffs are either AHL veterans, or gone.

Ben Street was their leading scorer. He's almost 30.
Eric Tangradi is a career AHLer.
Mitch Callahan is gone.
Tomas Nosek was claimed by Vegas.
Matthew Ford is 31 years old.

Winning the Calder Cup really doesn't mean much.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013

Er.

Okay? Good for them. :/ so who are all their great prospects and what do they have to do with the Calder cup?

Do you think TJ Brennan is going to be a stud for Philly some day?

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Detroit is obvious

Also Montreal is not far behind. They're GM does not know how to build a team in 2017. And now they just signed Carey Price to that extension. He can carry them to a cup technically, but he hasn't played at that level since the injury. They can never rebuild because of him, they have no great prospects, and even if they do wake up and realize they are stuck in mediocrity like the Leafs did a few years ago, they have very limited choices for management and coaching.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
Ottawa. Cheap ownership will lead to EK leaving in two years, Ryan just keeps getting worse, and the goaltending situation doesn't look good after Anderson leaves.

Montreal also has a very rough outlook, depending on how fast Weber and Price decline.

Funny how your team's two most hated rivals both have the worst outlook.

Most teams would be in bad shape after losing their starting goaltender. What makes you think Anderson won't re-sign in Ottawa, especially considering how the organization treated him this year? And what makes you think Melnyk won't spend what it takes to keep Karlsson? Meanwhile they have prospects like White and Chabot in their system. Which is better than a lot of teams have coming.

puke

Jun 27, 2017
Winnipeg
I'm surprised no one is saying Vegas.. there future looks bleak at best. The next five years they are going to be a bottom 3 team.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver and Detroit. Cant even finger point to one Elite player. Full of question marks in prospects/picks and uncertainty. Alot of tweeners on current roster just for the sake of having warm bodies.

While Zetterberg had a bad 15/16, his 16/17 was definitely elite. Him and Mantha were the only two players I ever felt like could score a goal when they played.

I agree with the consensus here though. Really interested in how the Wings handle their first rebuild in 20+ years.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Anyone saying Colorado is just trying to add to the **** they encountered this year.

But any team with guys under 23 that include:

MacKinnon
Rantanen
Jost
Compher
Greer
Beaudin
Shvyrev
Morrison

Zadorov
Makar
Timmins
Meloche
Mironov
Bigras

isn't that bad off. Not to mention we still have Landeskog at 24, Barrie & Duchene at 26, Varlamov at 28, and Johnson at 29 who could all be moved for other pieces. We'll also probably have another top 5 pick next year to add. We're not in as bad of shape as people want to make us out to be.

I'm not saying all the above mentioned guys are going to pan out, but we do have some decent pieces and future isn't nearly as bad as some other teams.

InAllOurLeafsCommand

Apr 9, 2017
Funny how your team's two most hated rivals both have the worst outlook.

Most teams would be in bad shape after losing their starting goaltender. What makes you think Anderson won't re-sign in Ottawa, especially considering how the organization treated him this year? And what makes you think Melnyk won't spend what it takes to keep Karlsson? Meanwhile they have prospects like White and Chabot in their system. Which is better than a lot of teams have coming.

White and Chabot are overrated imo. Chabot might be the next Runblad, considering how Ottawa loves to rush prospects.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Uh actually they all have. Dallas beat the Wild a year ago...

Minnesota will never go anywhere until they get an elite threat up front and Fletcher is doing nothing to help them with that.

They are set up pretty bad. As are Detroit, New Jersey and Montreal. Those are the most flawed teams in the league IMO.

Lol no chance i trade Wild roster for Blues. Statsny is your only Top 6 C and your score has lost Shattenkirk. Eriksson Ek, Kaprizov, Kunin, Greenway, Nino, Granlund, Zucker with Dumba, Brodin, Reilly and llofsson on backend. Also, Kaprizov is scoring more than Tarasenko did at his age,

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
White and Chabot are overrated imo. Chabot might be the next Runblad, considering how Ottawa loves to rush prospects.

They traded Rundblad for Kyle Turris and it worked out very well for the Sens. If he washed out in Arizona and Chicago then kudos to Sens management for getting Turris for him.

If there is one thing Sens management does well it is drafting and development. Not trades or signing free agents. And they already haven't rushed Chabot.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Montreal.

Still no #1 center.
Still no PMD, other than Jeff Petry.
Horrendous contracts given to Alzner and Price (even tho he's a God, the term is terrible)
And on top of that, we'll might lose BOTH Markov AND Radulov, which would be a ****ing tragedy.

And this is short term only.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
For Canadian teams: Any team that relies on their star power or a singular hockey god and doesn't have anything much else

Ottawa (EK)
Montreal (Price)

For American teams I'd have to say

Detroit (barf)
Panthers (This team is textbook mediocre)
Chicago/Anaheim/LA (All big contenders with big Pieces being lost or soon to be lost or whose best players are declining)
NYR and NYI (I honestly don't like the future for these franchises more so the Rangers but the Isles are just cursed it seems)
Las Vegas (Like I get they want to tank but haha I'm pretty sure fans want to see a winning team instead of "the process".)

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
The tri state. New Jersey New York and Brooklyn. No shot of competing in the metro for a LONG time

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Dallas has Benn & Seguin. Blues have Tarasenko. Chicago has Kane. Preds have RyJo & Forsberg. Who is the big scorer on the Wild? They have a lot of nice, not great, pieces.

lol RyJo would have been be 3rd on Minn in scoring this year. Forsberg would have been tied for 4th. If only Minny could muster scoring like that.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I do not understand why people are saying Minnesota, they have a very strong prospect pool and some quality younger NHL players.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Sharks... Once Thornton goes, they have no 1C in the pipeline. Couture and Hertl are both 2Cs at best.

They have some decent prospects but no elite or high ceiling top 6 players thanks to 'safe' draft picks in the first round, rather than swinging for the fence.

Also now have two D contracted on $7M & $8M until they are 38-40 years of age, and a Goalie with league average reg season stats contracted for 6 years on $5.75M.

To add to that, they do not have a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the 2018 Draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad