Worst Outlooks

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Taking into consideration players, contracts, coaches, GM, etc, which team do you believe is in the worst shape?

Montreal & Detroit are at the top for me. One has no # 1 C, No great prospects, goalie who will keep them from rebuilding, hire only French people. The other has long term contracts tied up in average players ( All over 30). They also have a GM who is hell bent on squeaking into the playoffs by all means necessary.

Minnesota is another for me. Imo they don't have one player who is truly " Elite". They will also have to deal with the Parise & Suter boat anchor deals soon. Always good enough to make the playoffs. Never great enough to do damage.

TropicalAntarctica

Oct 9, 2015
Detroit is by far in the worst shape imo.

Montreal has about a four year window until apocalypse.

I also don't like what Arizona is doing. I'm not convinced that Domi, Stepan, Strome, Perlini, Dvorak, and Keller is a contending forward corp, let alone depending on NH as your 2D and Raantta as your starter.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

I also don't like what Arizona is doing. I'm not convinced that Domi, Stepan, Strome, Perlini, Dvorak, and Keller is a contending forward corp, let alone depending on NH as your 2D and Raantta as your starter.

The problem with Montreal is they have zero chance at a cup Sans Price going complete godmode to the extreme. They will continue to pick low, get beat in the first few rounds, thus also diminishing the value of certain assets (Paccioretty).

I had to double look at Detroit's roster situation: Horrific. Bunch of average at best players in their 30's locked up to "Albatrosses." I honestly think it's going to be at least 6 years before they are cup contenders.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Habs are in rough shape. They may be able to be serious pretenders if both Russians return, if not it's gonna get ugly.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Detroit AINEC.

Most expensive team in the league.

Zero star players and zero players with any star potential.

3rd oldest team in the league.

Farm system is hot garbage.

GM is actually one of those wacky inflatable things you see at used car dealerships.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Seeing Detroit mentioned in this thread makes me realize just how fast time flies. Saw a dude wearing a 2008 Stanley Cup Champs shirt the other day and it looked like it had hardly been worn.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Detroit, mainly because the GM doesn't seem to get that they are not a contender anymore

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

Some valid points, but NH was the 2D on the 2015 cup team that played with 4D all playoffs. He's shouldn't be a concern right now.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Vancouver. Slowly improving, but I dont trust them to do anything right.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

that's generous. i'd say two year max. as long as they have Price they'll likely never be as low as the Avs are now, but they are gonna be the Canucks in a couple years at the rate they're going. old, slow team and zero up and coming high end prospects. it's gonna take them years to rebuild from that mess.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It changes so fast. A few good draft picks. A few mid round guys developing way above expectation. Winning a draft lottery.

Things rarely end up like you think they will.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Detroit, and even more so if they don't get Dahlin or the Svechkinov dude or whatever his nae is in next year's draft. I thought them not winning the draft lottery this year was a blessing in disguise because Patrick or Hischier my have kept them in purgatory, at least now they have a chance to truly tank.

TropicalAntarctica

Oct 9, 2015
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Boston

One of those things...

Tampa has a great future ahead of them. Their prospect pool isn't fabulous any more, but it is because their roster is filled with young talent.

CORE
Stamkos: 27
Hedman: 26
Kucherov: 24

OUTER CORE
Johnson: 26
Palat: 26
Stralman: 30
Killorn: 27
Vasilevsky: 21

Throw in that all of Dotchin, Sergachev, Point, Namestnikov, Foote, and Koekkoek are under 23 and you have one of the best team outlooks for the next decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad