Worst Hab players of all time or in your lifetime?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The fact u name Petry over any early 2000s player , ur clueless lmao
I gave him honorable mention. He annoys me as a number one D. Probably would have not mentioned him if he was on the second or third pair.

where is your list? Bet I can pick it apart just as easy. lmao

In Petrys defense I am going off the top of my head. Im not researching and looking up "players from early 2000's"

But to defend Petry im not surprised you went way back there. My aunt Mary was also better than most of those guys. :laugh:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I gave him honorable mention. He annoys me as a number one D. Probably would have not mentioned him if he was on the second or third pair.

where is your list? Bet I can pick it apart just as easy. lmao

In Petrys defense I am going off the top of my head. Im not researching and looking up "players from early 2000's"

But to defend Petry im not surprised you went way back there. My aunt Mary was also better than most of those guys. :laugh:

Looks like some here just read the title of the thread. It's not necessarily the worst player of all-time, could also be a player you can't stand in any era for whatever reason.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sorry guys, but seriously, this thread shows immaturity. Every guy who made the NHL made the NHL...there have been some bad players over the years, but they still made the show.

Depends how you choose to answer it. Players have discernible differences and you can't possibly like every single player who was a Hab. Some of us have disliked the same players for different reasons. It's interesting to see how other fans are most times on the same page about certain players.

Now, no one is disputing what the players had to do to be among the best so as to be able to play in the NHL. Just because some players are dubbed the worst, doesn't mean one is disputing what it takes for them to have made the NHL. It's really an exercise of the worst among the best, if you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Any player that played less than 1 season shouldn't even be included. Not enough time to hate.

Two players come to mind: Doug Wickenheiser for one. Not really because of anything he did, but for what he didn't do. Every time I saw him, I got mad because he could have been Denis Savard instead and we probably would have one or two more cup banners to add.

The second is Patrice Brisebois, the epitome of bad attitude and self-aggrandizement. The guy has a "Face à fesser dedans." I get pissed off just looking at him.

The Face à fesser dedans (i.e. punchable face) quotient is definitely a factor for some fans, even if they won't admit it. :laugh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Oh, goodness me. I've watched since 1992-1993 and there's been a few!

I'll think about this and post again later.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looks like some here just read the title of the thread. It's not necessarily the worst player of all-time, could also be a player you can't stand in any era for whatever reason.

Yeah, it's a wide spectrum. You can choose to go with stats or with certain aspects of play or attitude that caused you not to like the player. Looking for reasons why and maybe we can find a common thread with certain players.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Scott ****ing Gomez. Ales Hemsky. Patrick Traverse. Mathieu Darche. David Desharnais. Raphael Diaz. Jordie Benn. Patrice Brisebois. Mike Ribeiro. Donald Audette. Chris Campoli. Karl Alzner. Brian Gionta. Brian Flynn. Juha Lind. Tom Pyatt. Andrew Shaw. Logan Shaw.

Chris Friggin' Campoli. What was it about him -- he was pretty one-dimensional as I recall. Wasn't he teasing us with his supposed offensive skills but was brutal defensively?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's a different can of worms. I'm only judging guys based on their work wearing the CH

I know he was considered a decent dman before. I liked him in Edmonton, and he showed good things in Philly although he will mostly be remembered for getting undressed by Darren McCarty in the cup finals there.

I only considered Perry Turnbull during his time with the Habs, even if it was short. The cost to acquire him and all the advance hype and then to see the guy hit no one, cruising about doing figure skating routines was frustrating. And yet, there have been worse guys with longer tenures on the Habs -- he sticks out for me, for some reason.

Reactions: groovejuice

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I'll throw another few names out there: Patrick Traverse, Patrick Poulin, Scott Lachance, Valeri Bure, Dainius Zubrus, Jonas Hoglund.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My uncle was always impressed by that, he would go "this damn crazy Tremblay, he is facing guys twice his size but he doesn't give a ****. And even when he get his butt handed to him, he keeps going back!". Dude had a crazy heart. Like every player should have. Balls. the CH tatoué sur le coeur. Bleed Red White and Blue

I don't know if the dislike for Tremblay is being motivated by what he did off ice after his playing days were done. I remember him as a gritty forward who challenged guys twice his size and fought some of the league's best fighters and held his own. He was tough as nails in an era where toughness was an essential skill.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Dwight King, the guy was an embarrassment out there. We all just had to sit and pretend he could still play.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Mario Tremblay had four seasons of 30 goals, 2 in the 20s, then 18 and 19 and other good seasons. He changed the culture of the Habs when he and Risebrough got called up and transformed them into champions. Please kid, learn a little about hockey.
Exactly ! Tremblay with Risebrough and Lambert made a real change in 4 consecutive PO wins. I remember his very first shift. He crosscheck O'Reilly pretty hard on the board, then Risebrough come and crosschek O'Reilly too. Tremblay and Risebrough were carefree doing that. Some arrogance of the youth. O'Reilly was very mad at them.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Palushaj had zero balance. Pretty vanilla as far as forwards go. Downey & Murray were brutal too. Scrivens & Auld are the worst goalies I've seen. I liked Him but Douglas Murray was pretty shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad