Worst GM in the league right now

Who is the worst GM in the league right now?

• Total voters

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
this poll is just a function of the size of each fanbase

each fanbase thinks their GM is the worst, with few exceptions

If you look it's a lot of non-habs fans that voted for Bergevin.

This was soon after the Domi/Anderson trade and contract signings. I don't think anyone gave Anderson a fair shake and so his long contract was seen as pretty bad. I remember some posters calling it the worst signing they'd ever seen :rolleyes:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Pierre Dorion should be fired for that Matt Murray contract. He’s barely an NHL goalie at this point.

He should be fired for about a dozen things. It's early but the Murray contract could be one of them.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He should be fired for about a dozen things. It's early but the Murray contract could be one of them.

I can’t believe Murray got that contact. I thought he was going to get a 1 or 2 year deal to try and re-establish himself. Then Dorion hands him 4 years $25 million lol... unreal. Good for Murray though. Has his rings and a retirement contract when he’s out of the league in a few years.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Leafs have made the playoffs every single year under their core.
They didn't make the playoffs last year, they played in a post season best of 5 playoff qualifier, which they lost to qualify for the playoffs which as the NHL announced were a best of 7.

All series in the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs will be best-of-7 and will be set based on seeding, the NHL announced June 4.

The tournament will begin with the Stanley Cup Qualifiers, which will include 16 teams playing eight best-of-5 series and a round-robin among the top four teams in each conference to determine seeds for the playoffs.
Stanley Cup Playoffs to be best-of-7 following qualifiers

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
They didn't make the playoffs last year
You are incorrect. They factually did make the playoffs in 2019-2020, according to the only people who decide, the NHL.

NHL Records
2019-20: The NHL announces on May 26, 2020, the conclusion of the 2019-20 regular season as well as a modified competitive playoff format that features 24 teams
The 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs begin with the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers
They also have Pittsburgh's playoff streak listed as active, despite also losing in the Stanley Cup Qualifiers.

Reactions: 6ix

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You are incorrect. They factually did make the playoffs in 2019-2020, according to the only people who decide, the NHL.

NHL Records

They also have Pittsburgh's playoff streak listed as active, despite also losing in the Stanley Cup Qualifiers.
As per the NHL. Their words, their criteria, not mine. Leafs did not make the playoffs last year. They played in a post season playoff qualifier and lost. Therefore, they were not part of a best of 7 playoff series.
All series in the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs will be best-of-7 and will be set based on seeding, the NHL announced June 4.

The tournament will begin with the Stanley Cup Qualifiers, which will include 16 teams playing eight best-of-5 series and a round-robin among the top four teams in each conference to determine seeds for the playoffs.
Stanley Cup Playoffs to be best-of-7 following qualifiers

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
As per the NHL. Their words, their criteria, not mine. Leafs did not make the playoffs last year.
That is incorrect. The NHL explicitly states otherwise in their official records, and in the official description of the 2019-2020 playoff format, as I showed you. Toronto made the playoffs in 2019-2020. Your misinterpretation of past press releases is irrelevant here.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That is incorrect. The NHL explicitly states otherwise in their official records, and in the official description of the 2019-2020 playoff format, as I showed you. Toronto made the playoffs in 2019-2020. Your misinterpretation of past press releases is irrelevant here.

Wrong, they've explicitly stated the stats from the play-in rounds will count as playoff stats but the official play-offs are when there was 16 teams remaining. Toronto did not make the playoffs, maybe next year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A direct link from the NHL is not a misrepresentation.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Wrong, they've explicitly stated the stats from the play-in rounds will count as playoff stats but the official play-offs are when there was 16 teams remaining. Toronto did not make the playoffs, maybe next year.
As per the NHL, the Leafs missed the playoffs, and thus were eligible for a lottery pick in the draft. @Dekes For Days

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Wrong, they've explicitly stated the stats from the play-in rounds will count as playoff stats but the official play-offs are when there was 16 teams remaining.
That is incorrect. As shown, the NHL explicitly states that 24 teams made the 2019-2020 playoffs, and the Stanley Cup Qualifiers were part of the playoffs, in their official records and explanation. The Leafs made the playoffs last year, and have every single year under their current core.
As per the NHL, the Leafs missed the playoffs, and thus were eligible for a lottery pick in the draft. @Dekes For Days
No, as per the NHL, the Leafs qualified for the playoffs, but due to the changed draft lottery rules caused by a global pandemic, some playoff teams got a chance at a lottery pick. The Leafs were one of those teams.
A direct link from the NHL is not a misrepresentation.
I said misinterpretation, not misrepresentation. Though yes, suggesting something other than the NHL's official explicit position would classify as misrepresentation.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I mean, it's self explanatory, what do you think the teams playing in the "qualifying rounds" are qualifying for?
The Stanley Cup, as the name "Stanley Cup Qualifiers" would indicate. Teams are always competing to qualify for the next round, until they get to the Stanley Cup final, where you compete for the Cup. The playoff round created due to the circumstances in 2019-2020 are no different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad