Post-Game Talk: Worst forward on the team with the GWG

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't care about the past if its confined to the past. I care about the past when it impacts the present which it is. We're likely not going to make the playoffs in a season where we probably easily could have.

That sucks. Not in the past, in the right now.

That’s pretty open ended. The past impacts the future constantly. You can go back endlessly with your rationale. So does that mean you will never stop whining about Chiarelli?

Turn the page and move on. New GM inbound. Next year is next year. Water is under the bridge and in the GD ocean already.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Haha, this is the most hostile environment for a win.
Team wins 4 in a row —> HFOil gets meaner and more divided

Seems about right.

If we ever won the Cup, this place would literally rip itself apart. :sarcasm:

What lunacy be this?
;)

I think more the case we don't know how to respond to a team winning though lack of practice..

come at me bros

edit

the wife be calling, saving me from spears and arrows..

night all

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm not rubbing it in, don't come at posters who quite frankly were right though. If I was in the wrong, I'd have some humility and not shoot my mouth off.

You’ve been riding the “dumb people who wanted Chiarelli given another year” schtick for many a post.

Humility works both ways pal. Win or lose. You’ve been enjoying the rub for some time now.

So tell me what prize did you win or are you looking for an ego polish?

Reactions: nally

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What lunacy be this?
;)

I think more the case we don't know how to respond to a team winning though lack of practice..

come at me bros

edit

the wife be calling, saving me from spears and arrows..

night all

Don’t let her see your browsing history. ;)

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
4 wins in a row and the Oilers are all of 2 points closer to a playoff spot over that span of wins. Bleh.

Only 2 regulation losses allowed for us to have better than a coin flips chance at making it.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Regardless of "right and wrong" and actual odds of making the playoffs, this team NEEDS to do everything they can to win for the sake of the players (the returning ones, at least). They need to end the season on a positive note and it'll show the incoming GM what each player is capable of when they push themselves and "play for eachother" Consistency is another thing the new management will have to investigate and take into account on a player by player basis, of course.

Edit: Not to mention that winning could increase the value of players the team is looking to move on from.

Last edited:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
If Gagner plays the way he does to end the season he has a middle 6 wing spot locked up imo

Thats the problem! Hes streaky an dissapear for long stretches! Dont think management repeat the same mistake again after a good stint, hes like Eberle, useless if not producing,

But we didnt lost anything to have him as a stopgap in a already lost season!

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Rehashing the past and crying about Chiarelli trades doesn’t require thought lol
Go find the posts where I’ve mentioned Chiarelli since he was fired.

Look, you can’t even refrain from mocking fellow fans after a few measly (and likely fruitless) wins. Imagine if things had gone another way and this squad, and the GM that you believed in so much, was sitting in a comfortable playoff spot. I suspect you’d care a lot about how ‘right’ you had been.
Mocking? It’s a known fact posters such as yourself and great Keith disappear when the team is winning Look no further than 2 years ago
Its a total falsehood as I’ve pointed out to you several times now. My post count per year is very steady. I’m here win or lose. And unlike you I stand by my posts and recognize when I’ve been wrong.

Reactions: Aerrol

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie

Seems about right.

If we ever win a cup we should have a big party and end it with some special kool-aid so we can all die happy.

Oct 15, 2008

Seems about right.

Some people care more about being ‘right’ on an internet forum, than celebrating team victories apparently. I bet they’re fun at parties.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That’s pretty open ended. The past impacts the future constantly. You can go back endlessly with your rationale. So does that mean you will never stop whining about Chiarelli?

Turn the page and move on. New GM inbound. Next year is next year. Water is under the bridge and in the GD ocean already.

The game's I'm watching today, now, are practically meaningless. So don't tell me "well just don't think about the past and it'll go away". Leon could score 50, still wouldn't be the best player on the team, and still be golfing in April. That's the reality that we're in.

Which is fine, I don't post in many PGTs precisely so that people can do the "let us enjoy what little we have" thing, and fine, great. I'm cool with that. Just don't come at me with nonsense like "oh dur hur he has nothing to say now". Gimme a break, I had plenty to say when it could have actually made a difference.

Reactions: Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You think Mact would make a good Gm. I don’t think you should be pointing fingers at anyone about being wrong.

No I never said that. When you have to resort to lying to make a point at least try to make it semi-convincing.

I've maybe said that he probably isn't any/much worse than Chiarelli and that's likely true.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Go find the posts where I’ve mentioned Chiarelli since he was fired.

Look, you can’t even refrain from mocking fellow fans after a few measly (and likely fruitless) wins.
You interjected into this argument why again? No one asked your constant negative opinion in the first place

Imagine if things had gone another way and this squad, and the GM that you believed in so much, was sitting in a comfortable playoff spot. I suspect you’d care a lot about how ‘right’ you had been.
Huh? Like how I parade how right I was about the Reinhart trade? Or the Hitch hiring? Or the Manning trade?

No one would give a damn about how “right” I was, most of us would be enjoying the wins

Again, this obsession about being right and wrong is bananas

And unlike you I stand by my posts and recognize when I’ve been wrong.
How noble of you
Again, no one cares lmao

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The game's I'm watching today, now, are practically meaningless. So don't tell me "well just don't think about the past and it'll go away". Leon could score 50, still wouldn't be the best player on the team, and still be golfing in April. That's the reality that we're in.

Which is fine, I don't post in many PGTs precisely so that people can do the "let us enjoy what little we have" thing, and fine, great. I'm cool with that. Just don't come at me with nonsense like "oh dur hur he has nothing to say now". Gimme a break, I had plenty to say when it could have actually made a difference.

So what do you want now, a medal? Like really man. You were right. You win.....nothing.

As well nobody said “don’t think about the past”. What ppl are saying is to stop living in the past.

Nobody of any consequence cares.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Oct 15, 2008
No I never said that. When you have to resort to lying to make a point at least try to make it semi-convincing.

I've maybe said that he probably isn't any/much worse than Chiarelli and that's likely true.

Maybe said?

Lol

Which is it? Am I lying or did you ‘maybe’ say?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So what do you want now, a medal? Like really man. You were right. You win.....nothing.

As well nobody said “don’t think about the past”. What ppl are saying is to stop living in the past.

Nobody of any consequence cares.

I don't want a medal. But if you were parrotting the "lets give Chia another chance" crap all summer long while I was taking shit on this board for saying the Oilers were gonna flush a season down the toilet because of this GM ... I think you lose the "call that poster out in a thread" card.

That's not asking for a lot.

If you're wrong, fine, it happens, but don't shoot your mouth off at posters who were right.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maybe said?

Lol

Which is it? Am I lying or did you ‘maybe’ say?

I never said he was a good GM. Being better than Chiarelli isn't a good GM, that's like saying eating poop is better than eating vomit, like for starters I'm not even sure if that's true.

I never said he was a good GM. So don't come at me with that garbage.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I never said he was a good GM. Being better than Chiarelli isn't a good GM, that's like saying eating poop is better than eating vomit, like for starters I'm not even sure if that's true.

I never said he was a good GM. So don't come at me with that garbage.
Who would rather eat poop than vomit? No way Jose.

Reactions: harpoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad