U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, Medicine Hat & Swift Current, 2-9 November

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Camoon Arttu Kuivas... I thought he was weakest Finn with Huuhtanen game 1 and now bonehead penalty... should have invited Jauhiainen instead

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs leading 2-1 over Canada Black... wtf? I don't expect this to last long.lol

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Czechs leading 2-1 over Canada Black... wtf? I don't expect this to last long.lol

Canada Black got into penalty trouble that period one of those was on a 5 on 3. But good for the Czechs they’re playing hard.

Pretty physical game, that’s what I love about this level of hockey. The players finish every check. It’s been a good game to watch thus far, looking to see Wright do more in the 2nd.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Canada Black got into penalty trouble that period one of those was on a 5 on 3. But good for the Czechs they’re playing hard.

Pretty physical game, that’s what I love about this level of hockey. The players finish every check. It’s been a good game to watch thus far, looking to see Wright do more in the 2nd.
I'm in shock... glad Czechs are battling but I'm not expecting a close game at all.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Frankly the Czechs are outskating and outplaying Canada Black. They’re playing a very simple game: chip it out and chip it in. And take advantage of your scoring advantages. I find the Canada Black defence to be ponderously slow and the Czechs are forechecking them effectively. I have rarely seen the Canadian exit their zone with speed. If the Czechs keep this up and avoid “protecting” the one goal lead, they will win.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Frankly the Czechs are outskating and outplaying Canada Black. They’re playing a very simple game: chip it out and chip it in. And take advantage of your scoring advantages. I find the Canada Black defence to be ponderously slow and the Czechs are forechecking them effectively. I have rarely seen the Canadian exit their zone with speed. If the Czechs keep this up and avoid “protecting” the one goal lead, they will win.

Anytime I've seen Czechs win at this level.. it usually involves a lot of protecting and flopping. Hoping that doesn't happen. To be honest, even if we lose this is so much better than the exhibition against Sweden and last nights 10-1 massacre.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Canada Black ties it 3-3.

This has been a good hockey game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I can't believe it = 4-3 on a gorgeous feed! Also, they had a breakaway earlier.. I thought they'd get overrun by Canada after the equalizer. Now don't sit back!!!!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Canada Black ties it with the goalie pulled to make it 4-4 with a minute left.

Such a Canadian thing in international hockey.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thrilled with point! 3 on 3? I do think Czechs played well. I wouldn't have thought this at all going in. Been a very good game

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Shootout time... OT was mostly Canada and they had some good chances and most the control. Czechs did get a few chances. Hope the Canadian kid that crashed is okay!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice comeback Canada Black. Both Czech goals in shootout were gorgeous but I was disapointed in Svozil's attempt. My random observation is that one of the Canadian players is named 'whynot'.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nice comeback Canada Black. Both Czech goals in shootout were gorgeous but I was disapointed in Svozil's attempt. My random observation is that one of the Canadian players is named 'whynot'.

The Forsberg move on the first shot was nice.

The Czech kids played well, good bounce back game for them. They battled hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad