U17: World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, Medicine Hat & Swift Current, 2-9 November

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Wright 4 points and Savoie 3 points in openers... lets see how Lambert can respond

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Oh come the f*** on. Why is Dower Nilsson on the wing? And on the third line? Hell, the whole lineup is whack. God damn it.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Oh come the **** on. Why is Dower Nilsson on the wing? And on the third line? Hell, the whole lineup is whack. God damn it.

Dear lord, I hope this lineup isn't accurate. How do you even come up with the idea of separating DN from Lysell?

Those pants though.

Last edited:

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Bollocks statkeeping by officials... Verner Miettinen was goalscorer not Vilen... oh well hopefully they fix these things at some point

Reactions: Koira666

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Bollocks statkeeping by officials... Verner Miettinen was goalscorer not Vilen... oh well hopefully they fix these things at some point

They marked it as unassisted too, better yet Vilen wasn't even on the ice.

Same thing every year with this tournament for some reason.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Fabian Lysell sure can stickhandle....

Finland was by far the better team in the first imo, but Sweden has started the second very well 2-2 now

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Pretty good game. Sweden dictated the play in the second period and Lysell showed flashes of brilliance, scoring two big goals. Rarely do you see players as flashy as Lysell. Just makes me a bit sad that he plays J18 and not J20 back home in Sweden...

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Pretty good game. Sweden dictated the play in the second period and Lysell showed flashes of brilliance, scoring two big goals. Rarely do you see players as flashy as Lysell. Just makes me a bit sad that he plays J18 and not J20 back home in Sweden...
The fact that Lysell, and Dower Nilsson are playing J18 is a massive failure on Frölunda's part.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
The fact that Lysell, and Dower Nilsson are playing J18 is a massive failure on Frölunda's part.

Yeah, those two and Ludwig Persson would be high scoring J20 players on most teams not named Frölunda. Then again, Frölunda is pretty deep at F, so cracking a scoring line there is not the easiest. But on the other hand, Frölunda could probably ship/loan some of their older U20 players to Division 1 or something and still perform just as well.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah, those two and Ludwig Persson would be high scoring J20 players on most teams not named Frölunda. Then again, Frölunda is pretty deep at F, so cracking a scoring line there is not the easiest. But on the other hand, Frölunda could probably ship/loan some of their older U20 players to Division 1 or something and still perform just as well.
Yeah, the fact that they are the ones loaning players from other teams is nuts. They finally loaned out Henriksson(which should've meant Niederbach would go back to C... Nope.) but at the same time Raymond got sent back down so it was a net change +-0.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Brad Lambert hasn't been as noticeable as I've hoped, but I love the way he controls the puck. Sweet hands

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Edvinsson is brilliant half of his shifts but absolutely brutal the rest, nothing in between. Fascinating player. Stjernborg is on of my favorites, always impresses me.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I turned on the TV and cast the Czech US game about 5 minutes ago... it was 3-1... it is now 6-1.lol Czechs are getting smoked!

Reactions: czechcanadian

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Sweden wins it 6-4. Very well deserved imo. Finland was better in the first, but Sweden controlled the remaining two periods. Sweden was brilliant at forechecking and working hard in the offensive end, stealing the puck at several occasions. Finnish d had major problems to properly structure and build up the play from their own end. Like always at U17 level, there were quite a few suspect decisions by the d on the ice. Fun and entertaining game. Have a feeling this Swedish team can go far if they can tighten it up defensively and with strong goaltending.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Has Tuomaalas development stagnated a bit? I thought he was a certain first or second rounder one year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->