Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Game 2 8:09 PM, Sox lead series 1-0 BEAT LA!!!! - FOX, SN, RDS, WEEI-FM 93.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Is there any chances the Sox would consider Betts at 2B? Obviously Martinez needs to be in the lineup, is keeping JBJ in the lineup worth moving Betts from the outfield? I doubt it happens but it would be interesting. I would prefer JBJ over Kinsler/Holt.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I get JBJ just had 3 massive hits...but those were also the only hits he had all series. I’m not going out of my way and making huge changes to the lineup to get a career .173 postseason hitter in the lineup. He’s out and used as a PH and defensive replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bocephus86

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
“Chris Sale said he was hospitalized because of an irritation caused by a belly-button ring. Really, that’s his story and sticking to it for now”

Um...?

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Is there any chances the Sox would consider Betts at 2B? Obviously Martinez needs to be in the lineup, is keeping JBJ in the lineup worth moving Betts from the outfield? I doubt it happens but it would be interesting. I would prefer JBJ over Kinsler/Holt.
Mookie was taking grounders there today. I think that’s the way they will go with Mookie at second and JD in right. Late innings with the lead Mookie goes back to right and Kinsler at second for defensive purposes.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Mlb.com seems to think LA would be a tougher matchup. Reason being is they have 3 lefties who can go toe to toe with them.

On another note, I don't think losing in the WS would be a failure (Unless we see a repeat of game 6 in 86, blowing a 3-0 series lead, or a Rangers one strike away type fiasco we saw in 2011). It would be a dissapointment for a few weeks, but it will be looked back on fondly. Regardless, I believe this team will win it all.

Which team should the Red Sox want to play?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't see them starting Betts at a position he hasn't regularly played in 3 years.

That said, I think that in an NL park if a game goes to 14 innings and you've made 5 double switches and have no one left on the bench, he could be asked to cover 2nd base.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I don't see them starting Betts at a position he hasn't regularly played in 3 years.

That said, I think that in an NL park if a game goes to 14 innings and you've made 5 double switches and have no one left on the bench, he could be asked to cover 2nd base.
He did play there in a game earlier this year.

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Beat LA chants will be awesome to hear again

It’s still early and the Brewers could come back

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
We should beat the Dodgers in 5 games max.

Key word there is "should"

The one thing why I probably would have preferred to play the Brewers is the factor experience. The Dodgers have been there last year.
And that our splits vs RHP are better than against LHP and the Dodgers have 2 of them.

Well, if we play them like we did vs. Houston, then we're gonna beat them, because quite frankly the Astros are way more talented. The thing is you cannot underestimate anyone and hope they don't take the Dodgers lightly and that being the clear cut favorites doesn't overwhelm them.

But to be honest, Dodgers vs. Red Sox sounds like a great WS match-up, probably the best in a long time on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad