Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Game 2 8:09 PM, Sox lead series 1-0 BEAT LA!!!! - FOX, SN, RDS, WEEI-FM 93.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I say you start Eovaldi in game 1 and Price in game 2 to give Sale as much time as possible to get to at least 50% healthy.

I think David Price needs to pitch Game 3. On the road. Here’s why...

I think most of his playoff issues are mental, not mechanical, and the Fenway pressure cooker is not ideal for him. He pitched a gem last night, but I don’t think that means everything is all better. Also, he has proven to be sensitive to cold weather. Remember, he pitched last night in Texas with the roof closed. So, if the Red Sox face the Dodgers, a warmer game in LA might be better for him than a cold fall night in Boston. I know it’s cold in Milwaukee, too, but I’d still start him in Milwaukee away from the rabid fans of Fenway. Just so the fans don’t pounce on him if he gets in a jam. I think he needs a little care when handling.

That’s my opinion, anyway.

Reactions: Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought they ruled Wright out for the rest of the playoffs hence why I asked about Pomeranz.

I completely forgot about Velasquez.
Wasn't ruled out, jsut had to miss the ALCS by rule due to being removed from ALDS roster due to injury.

Supposedly had an MRI on his knee that was fine, and threw a bullpen the other day and said he felt fine.

I'd put him on over Hembree/Workman.

Reactions: Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think David Price needs to pitch Game 3. On the road. Here’s why...

I think most of his playoff issues are mental, not mechanical, and the Fenway pressure cooker is not ideal for him. He pitched a gem last night, but I don’t think that means everything is all better. Also, he has proven to be sensitive to cold weather. Remember, he pitched last night in Texas with the roof closed. So, if the Red Sox face the Dodgers, a warmer game in LA might be better for him than a cold fall night in Boston. I know it’s cold in Milwaukee, too, but I’d still start him in Milwaukee away from the rabid fans of Fenway. Just so the fans don’t pounce on him if he gets in a jam. I think he needs a little care when handling.

That’s my opinion, anyway.
Not a bad idea, but I think he's earmarked for game 2.

Milwaukee is also a dome I believe.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not a bad idea, but I think he's earmarked for game 2.

Milwaukee is also a dome I believe.

I think the Red Sox are making a big mistake by pitching Price at home. I could be wrong, but the Sox are taking a huge risk. The good news is that I don’t think LA or Milwaukee are as good as Houston.

Did not know the Brewers played in a dome.
I’m in the construction field and have seen the video of the big accident they had when they were building Miller Park. Very sad...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I was surprised by lack of any in store availability of T shirts and hats. Was hoping to pick up some gear for my son on my way home tonight.
Looks like all on line only.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think the Red Sox are making a big mistake by pitching Price at home. I could be wrong, but the Sox are taking a huge risk. The good news is that I don’t think LA or Milwaukee are as good as Houston.

Did not know the Brewers played in a dome.
I’m in the construction field and have seen the video of the big accident they had when they were building Miller Park. Very sad...
It's a retractable roof like Houston I believe. It's actually a pretty cool park.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It's a retractable roof like Houston I believe. It's actually a pretty cool park.

Great! Some climate control should help the bats. I think as long as the Red Sox can manage the pitching like they have been, the NL champs would be hard-pressed to beat them.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Hypothetically, if he only has 1 start left but can throw out of then pen, I still throw him G1 and then use him for an inning at a time when they need it. No real sense in saving him for a G3 or 4 in that scenario.

I was just thinking if he can only start game one, that's asking a lot of the rest of your starters if the series goes 6-7.

We'll see what happens. Wonder if the bullpen appearances are now out of the question. Or would Sale be more effective in an Andrew Miller type role where he only pitches say two innings at a time and maybe 2-3 games in the series. I have no idea if that would be considered. Just throwing it out there.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I was just thinking if he can only start game one, that's asking a lot of the rest of your starters if the series goes 6-7.

We'll see what happens. Wonder if the bullpen appearances are now out of the question. Or would Sale be more effective in an Andrew Miller type role where he only pitches say two innings at a time and maybe 2-3 games in the series. I have no idea if that would be considered. Just throwing it out there.
I think once they release the roster, who's on it will tell us a lot about Sale's health.

If they add one of Velasquez or Wright over Hembree/Workman, I'd be more inclined to revise my thoughts.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If we play LA are those 10pm start time games ?

Game 1, Tuesday Oct. 23:
NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 2, Wednesday, Oct. 24: NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 3, Friday, Oct. 26: Red Sox at NLCS opponent, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 4, Saturday Oct. 27: Red Sox at NLCS opponent, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 5, Sunday, Oct. 28: Red Sox at NLCS opponent, 8:15 p.m. (Fox) - x
Game 6, Tuesday, Oct. 30: NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox) - x
Game 7, Wednesday, Oct. 31: NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox) - x

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Game 1, Tuesday Oct. 23: NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 2, Wednesday, Oct. 24: NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 3, Friday, Oct. 26: Red Sox at NLCS opponent, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 4, Saturday Oct. 27: Red Sox at NLCS opponent, 8:09 p.m. (Fox)
Game 5, Sunday, Oct. 28: Red Sox at NLCS opponent, 8:15 p.m. (Fox) - x
Game 6, Tuesday, Oct. 30: NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox) - x
Game 7, Wednesday, Oct. 31: NLCS opponent at Red Sox, Fenway Park, 8:09 p.m. (Fox) - x

Are all those times Boston times?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Who sits in the National League games?

Your ALCS MVP?

Dale and Keefe were spit-balling and as a long shot, go with JD in left, JBJ in center, and Benny in right, and move Mookie into 2nd base. It's unorthodox, but he has played there before and supposedly takes ground ball practice every day.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Nevermind, Koji won it that year.

I think they were just saying Ortiz saved that series, but only had two hits.

Yeah, overall Ortiz was actually terrible in that series against Detroit...2/22 with a .427 OPS (his worst ever for a 7 game series). He only had the 1 HR and 4 RBI...luckily they basically turned the whole series around.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sale can't pitch Game 4, because what if he's awesome? Then you get one start out of him instead of 2.

If Sale is healthy he goes Game 1, then he can go on regular rest for Game 5 and be in the pen for a potential 7th.

And if he sucks in Game 1 you know what you're dealing with.
Great points as always Mike. I never considered a second start or relief availability.

I hope to hell Sale is healthy enough to go in game 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad