Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Game 2 8:09 PM, Sox lead series 1-0 BEAT LA!!!! - FOX, SN, RDS, WEEI-FM 93.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I kind of want the Brewers so I don’t have to listen to the nonsense about Manny Machado or worry that he’s going to cleat another one of our guys if he gets desperate.

I’m watching the pre game and they just showed Curt Schilling striking out Alex Rodriguez in the bloody sock game.

It still makes me smile 14 years later.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I kind of want the Brewers so I don’t have to listen to the nonsense about Manny Machado or worry that he’s going to cleat another one of our guys if he gets desperate.

I’m watching the pre game and they just showed Curt Schilling striking out Alex Rodriguez in the bloody sock game.

It still makes me smile 14 years later.

Excellent point, but the Brew Crew has their work cut out for them.

Loved Schilling while he was here. My wife bought me a #38 2005 opening day Red Sox jersey with the gold outlined lettering and World Series champions patch. I wear it often during the playoffs.

My three favorite Red Sox players of all time were on that 2004 team - Curt Schilling, Jason Veritek, and David Ortiz. We’ll never see anything like 2004 again, and we were blessed to see it for ourselves because I don’t think we’d ever have believed it if we hadn’t.

Reactions: Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
In NL parks, you go JD-Benny-Betts in the OF. There's no question about it. Against lefties, you might even try to fit Holt in there for Benny, but it's probably not worth the defensive downgeade.

Jackie had big hits in three consecutive games while Betts struggled a little in the series. But sample size. You don't sit the MVP of the league for a #9 hitter who had a hot week.

I'm more intrigued by how Cora deals with Moreland/Pearce at first.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
As soon as they showed the stats of 111 Dodgers-AB without a HR and Miley not giving up a bomb in 48 consecutive innings, it was obvious that the first batter would go yard

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
A thought I just had about Price: if he pitches Game 2 that means he has only had roughly six days of rest, which is definitely normal rest. But where he was already pitching on short rest yesterday, you would think they might possibly want to give him that off day between Wednesday and Friday to fully reload. So maybe he does get Game 3?

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
No disrespect to anyone in here but I want whatever Alex Cora puts out there.
I have never questioned the moves of a manager/coach and been wrong, as much as I am with Cora. Instances here and there, but mostly if I think they are wrong, they are. I questioned almost every move of Cora this September and postseason, and have been wrong every single time.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I would like

Sale
Eovaldi
Price
Porcello

But I don’t expect it

I agree with this rotation. Here is the reason: If you lose game 1, do you trust that Price will deliver a great performance and help you avoid a 2-0 hole? Although he was great in game 5, he didn't have tons of pressure on him. And let's face it, it was his first great postseason start in years. Being down 1-0 in the WS, and knowing you have to have a great performance or else the series is close to being done, is a different story. I think alot should depend on the game 1 outcome. But when you're down 1-0 in the World Series, I'd rather have Eovaldi over Price 9 out of 10 times.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Machado goes down swinging to end the inning. He’s 0-3 tonight.

Brewers get out a jam

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Machado is such a bum. 4 dodger fans I was at the bar with earlier to start the game hope he dosn’t come back next year.
He’ll probably go to the Yankees.

From what I’ve seen on twitter and a few other places, Dodgers fans hate him and are pissed at him for spiking the first baseman a few games ago.

Brewers still up 5-2.

Travis Shaw is up to bat.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, living in LA, I want the dodgers so I can go to a game (even though I swore I'd never return to that shithole stadium), but I also don't want to see Machado and his bush league antics.

What I really wanted was a Bruins-Kings finals, but never got it when they were both on top (they bounced back and forth in the finals for 4 years!)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, living in LA, I want the dodgers so I can go to a game (even though I swore I'd never return to that ****hole stadium), but I also don't want to see Machado and his bush league antics.

What I really wanted was a Bruins-Kings finals, but never got it when they were both on top (they bounced back and forth in the finals for 4 years!)
I looked on stubhub just to see what prices would run if the Dodgers made it, but it's like $640 at the lowest right now. I might be tempted to spring for $150-$200, but not $640+

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The Brewers don’t have one single SP who scares me. I wonder how good their bullpen will hold up if they need to pitch 6 innings every game.

Funny enough, I was just looking at the season stats and LA had the best relief ERA in the NL at 3.74. Milwaukee was 4th at 4.04....but you wouldn’t know it by all the talk. By comparison, Boston was at 3.99.

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I looked on stubhub just to see what prices would run if the Dodgers made it, but it's like $640 at the lowest right now. I might be tempted to spring for $150-$200, but not $640+

I bought 2 tickets for Fridays game in the 7th inning last night. I was afraid of a dodger comeback that would triple the prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->