Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Game 2 8:09 PM, Sox lead series 1-0 BEAT LA!!!! - FOX, SN, RDS, WEEI-FM 93.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
reminder:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ised-site-rules-faqs-updated-2-27-18.1968479/

10) Neutral Boards vs Home Boards (and Visiting Fans) – This forum is primarily for Bruins fans. Things said here may not fly on other team boards or even neutral boards. Similarly, some topics or comments that might be OK on neutral boards may be unwanted on a team board. If a visiting fan truly does “come in peace” and follows the site and local rules then there is likely no problem. But be advised that this is Bruins fan “home ice” and rival fans stopping by making questionable posts probably won't get the benefit of the doubt (meaning high possibility of infractions, threadbans, forum bans, etc). On our team board we may make comments about how we don't like rival cities or buildings or teams, but we MAY NOT make insulting, general comments about the fans as people. What we post is searchable on the web and isn't limited to our board. Keep that in mind before posting.

As far as Boston teams in other sports are concerned this forum is also home turf for the Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots. While we understand that many Bruins fans are not fans of the other local teams the same guidelines apply. Attacking Patriots/RedSox/Celtics fans will be considered the same as attacking Bruins fans.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Kimbrel looked noticeably better in Game 5 compared to his other postseason appearances, hopefully the tipping advice pays off and that keeps up.

Reactions: rfournier103

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is the best thing Eric Gagne has ever done for the Red Sox

It's weird, when he was here in 2008, he completely sucked. But it was hard to hate him because he was so humble and apologetic about it in his interviews afterward. Seems like he reached out to do his friend Cora a solid, even at the risk of pissing off his Dodger fans. Good guy Gagne.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
This is the best thing Eric Gagne has ever done for the Red Sox

It's weird, when he was here in 2008, he completely sucked. But it was hard to hate him because he was so humble and apologetic about it in his interviews afterward. Seems like he reached out to do his friend Cora a solid, even at the risk of pissing off his Dodger fans. Good guy Gagne.

2007, he's got a ring (although he blew the 11th inning of ALCS game 2 open and barely pitched in the postseason)

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
The Bugs Bunny Hat is classic.

Bugs had the best change up I ever saw back in the 1960’s once striking out Roger Maris, Mickey Mantle, and Moose Skowren on get this - one pitch. I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it. That rabbit had stones.
I once saw Bugs play all 9 positions at once. Against the Gashouse Gorillas too.

Reactions: Alicat and Fenway

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I once saw Bugs play all 9 positions at once. Against the Gashouse Gorillas too.
Ha ha - that was awesome

Sports illustrated did a big feature on wild teams with success and personality and I believe the Orr & Espo Big Bad Bruins trailed only the St Louis Cardinals Gas House Gang for craziest team. The 1970’s Raiders, the Oakland A’s of Charlie Finley and the Broad street Bullies were all in it.

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-22_23-57-15.png

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
IF there is a Game 6, the same anthem singer who sang at Game 6 in 1975 will have the honors. He replaced Kate Smith at the last minute and a few months later sang at a Bruins game :)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have my marching orders for the next week.

I will work the Red Sox games at Fenway but not go to LA but instead work the Bruins on Thursday for NBC Philly and Saturday for Sportsnet/TVAS for the Poutneville game and then in Buffalo on Monday for ESPN. I had the option of going to LA but honestly, I have had too many long flights the past 5 weeks and I don't need to deal with LA for 4 days.

I'm not a kid anymore :wally:

Last edited:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Pomeranz?? Seriously? Is Cora drunk?

What a waste of a roster spot. There is not a single reason he should be in there over Wright (if healthy), Velazquez, Workman, or even Johnson. The only time he should get in a game is when they are losing by 6. Do not get this decision one bit..

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
There are a surprising number of Sox fans out here in the Valley of the Sun. Just in my town, there was a poll about which sports pub to take over and there were almost 100 votes, just in my town. Dug out a couple of Red Sox shirts to wear (had to dig them out, cuz they were long sleeve, and it's still in 80s here - sorry!), and I need to find an old Sox hat. If things work out right, there will be a parade when I'm in town Nov 2-4. #DoDamage!

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I highly doubt you will see Pomeranz on the mound in a big spot. MAYBE he gets into say a 6-2 game to pitch to a lefty or two but even then...the guy hasn't pitched meaningful innings in forever.

This should be a great series. Dodgers are similar to the Astros in my opinion. Very well rounded team. Good starters, power throughout lineup, good bullpen. They were in game 7 of WS last year. I think this one will go at least 6.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm not obsessing over the bullpen because now we have 4 starters rolling I want the guys a couple days off from starting available. Eovaldi and Porcello available for an inning out of the pen in G1 and 2 will be nice. If we get quality starts you won't see much of the Pen other than Kimbrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad