Red Sox/MLB WORLD SERIES - Game 2 8:09 PM, Sox lead series 1-0 BEAT LA!!!! - FOX, SN, RDS, WEEI-FM 93.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m not sure who would be the better matchup for the Sox. I don’t follow the NL very closely at all, but I do know that Puig scares me to death at the plate...

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I just want to give major, major props to David Price for his performance last night. He finally came through when it counted most. :thumbu:

Maybe now he's got that off his back he'll become a playoff warrior.

Its always great when a player, who seems to get nothing but ridicule (justifiably so or not) comes good. Had something similar with a player on the rugby team I support last weekend. Everyone (myself included) had him and as a result the team written off but he absolutely smashed it. Must be very satisfying for the player's involved.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I say you start Eovaldi in game 1 and Price in game 2 to give Sale as much time as possible to get to at least 50% healthy.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I say you start Eovaldi in game 1 and Price in game 2 to give Sale as much time as possible to get to at least 50% healthy.
Nah, at this point Sale will have had 10 days off between ALCS game 1 and WS game 1. His health is what it is at this point, it's not going to get better with an extra 3 days.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Nah, at this point Sale will have had 10 days off between ALCS game 1 and WS game 1. His health is what it is at this point, it's not going to get better with an extra 3 days.

It's really a total mystery at this point. What if they have gotten to the point where the guy simply has one start left in him this year? If that were the case it wouldn't make sense to start him in game one. Cora has to be feeling pretty good about Price and Eovaldi right now. I just don't think it's a slam dunk that Sale pitches game one.

Reactions: Alicat

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's really a total mystery at this point. What if they have gotten to the point where the guy simply has one start left in him this year? If that were the case it wouldn't make sense to start him in game one. Cora has to be feeling pretty good about Price and Eovaldi right now. I just don't think it's a slam dunk that Sale pitches game one.
Hypothetically, if he only has 1 start left but can throw out of then pen, I still throw him G1 and then use him for an inning at a time when they need it. No real sense in saving him for a G3 or 4 in that scenario.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The radio was suggesting you wait until game 4 to play him which gives him 10 days + of rest.

I would go with Eovaldi, Price, Porcello then Sale.

The other question I pose to the board is whether you add Pomeranian to the World Series roster to bolster the bullpen?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The radio was suggesting you wait until game 4 to play him which gives him 10 days + of rest.

I would go with Eovaldi, Price, Porcello then Sale.

The other question I pose to the board is whether you add Pomeranian to the World Series roster to bolster the bullpen?

I think we need to wait and see how he feels. I'm not sure an extra day, 2 or 3 is going to matter all that much.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Is Wright possibly healthy soon? I would add him in place of Workman, he gives them another long bullpen option along with ERod.

Reactions: bbfan419

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Is Wright possibly healthy soon? I would add him in place of Workman, he gives them another long bullpen option along with ERod.
I thought they ruled Wright out for the rest of the playoffs hence why I asked about Pomeranz.

I completely forgot about Velasquez.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Has Swihart seen the field in any of these games? Suppose he becomes more valuable now that you have to play 2-3 games in NL park.

Reactions: Alicat

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I thought they ruled Wright out for the rest of the playoffs hence why I asked about Pomeranz.

I completely forgot about Velasquez.

Damn that sucks, he was pitching well down the stretch.

I'd add Velasquez or Johnson before Pomeranz.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->