Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1- Hughes
2- Kakko
3- Podkolzin
4- Dach

Maybe but I'm gonna hard pass on wanting a Russian winger with a high draft pick with this organization's history. Whether it's because it's literally the other side of the world or something cultural within the org or whatever, they're just constantly completely difficult for us. I know at some point one will break the cycle, but I'd be scared shitless to burn our highest pick since Doughty on one.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
brutal giveaway by Farabee. Great comeback but all for nothing with that crappy OT play. Oh wells.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
That's how you do a 2 on 1. USA messes up theirs, SWE comes down and does it right and wins it 5-4 in OT .

Had all the time in the world and could have faked in and then wide open guy on the left but decided to shoot from a mile away. Oh and gave up the puck to boost. Onto the next game.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
How did Sodergran look? Had 3 SOG in stats. Don't see the Mikey Anderson goal in boxscore...did he score?

Sodergran looked good. He controls the puck well in the offensive zone. Very good with puck protection with his body. Very strong on the walls. One of team Sweden's better defenders. Doesn't get a lot of minutes but goes all out when he's out there. Reminds more of an Iafallo type player. Will be a good 2nd line guy and a great 3rd line player.

Anderson scored the 1st goal of the game for USA. It was a cross ice 1 timer on the PP; that Anderson blasted through the 5-hole.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
First 15 minutes of Canada and Finland features Anderson-Dolan vs Kupari. Kupari looks great, fast a couple shots, goes to the net, has drawn a penalty. His poor defenseman are bobbling pucks and look poor.

Dolan I just have not been impressed with thus far. But game is early.

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Kupari all over the ice the first period. Guy definitely has high end speed and looks like the hands are starting to catch up. Plays with some spark.

Finland’s defense handling the puck like beer league Dman after a couple of pops.

Canada having trouble with Finns forecheck.

Scoreless tie so far but setting up to be a great game

Reactions: LAKings88

funky

Mar 9, 2002
Canada up 1 to 0 so far

Non Kings observations

Honka sucks - puck not staying on his stick at all, a little surprised by that. Finish defense overall very poor.

Kakko needs some muscle but not worried due to his younger age.

Kings

Man I like how Kupari parks in front of the net at all times.

Haven’t seen Anderson-Dolan this period yet. Or if he is out there he has been quiet

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Canada up 1 to 0 so far

Non Kings observations

Honka sucks - puck not staying on his stick at all, a little surprised by that. Finish defense overall very poor.

Kakko needs some muscle but not worried due to his younger age.

Kings

Man I like how Kupari parks in front of the net at all times.

Haven’t seen Anderson-Dolan this period yet. Or if he is out there he has been quiet

He's being hardmatched. Keep watching. Checking machine. I'ts mostly him/Bowers and a rotating winger, the times they were getting hemmed in by Kupari et al were with Lafreniere. The icetime on the IIHF site wont update so that doesn't help but I can't remember a shift he took where he wasn't used solely as a checker.

The problem with being a 'useful' player.

Kupari also looks bigger than i remember. Obviously he's young and growing but man he looks like Carter vs. other players size/stature-wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad