WORLD JUNIORS CHAMPIONSHIP

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
World Junior Championships begin December 26th.

The Kings probably have the most prospects they have ever had, at the WJC.

Team Canada: Gabriel Vilardi, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Markus Phillips
Team USA : Mikey Anderson
Team Finland: Rasmus Kupari
Team Sweden: Johan Sodergran

Follow stories and game results, stats, here:

https://www.tsn.ca/world-juniors

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
they have a few for sure, but they have in the past too.

I was very negative of Hickey over Alzner, but when LA had both captains in the 2009 World Junior Finals (Hickey:Canada vs Moller:Sweden) I was pretty pumped. Obviously as you can tell prospects at the juniors do not always pan out.

Still always fun to route on the kings prospects.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Although it's only an exhition game against Denmark, it seems like Kupari and Heponiemi are continuing where they left off in Liiga, being absolutely dominant out there.

Nice to see others also getting on the scoreboard and I'm only assuming there is still more to come. Based on the highlights, for example Kakko could have had couple of more points in that game. I also think sone jetlag could still be affecting players considering they just flew there like 4 days ago.

I assume Tolvanen is going to play in the 1st line but at the same time I would love to see Kakko and Tolvanen playing in the same line with Kakko grinding the pucks near boards and feeding Tolvanen with his precise passes.

Looks like our boy Rasmus Kupari got the OT winner for FIN in an overseas warm up game against DEN.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Kupari GW goal. End to End. If Kupari comes over at the end of March to play on the Kings...maybe not a good idea...WD will put him on line 4 and give him 3:39 of icetime. WD "he's definitely an interesting young player, with speed and skill...but lines 1,2,3 are rolling pretty good now and I have
no place to put him...With Carts and Tyler each having a goal the last 7 games, I don't want to upset the emergence they've shown..Rasmus is much too fast for them and would be an imbalance. Rasmus has shown he can go end to end and put some pucks in the net...and I'd really like to see him use his linemates more....so I think working him in with a few shifts on line 4, will be best"

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Kupari GW goal. End to End. If Kupari comes over at the end of March to play on the Kings...maybe not a good idea...WD will put him on line 4 and give him 3:39 of icetime. WD "he's definitely an interesting young player, with speed and skill...but lines 1,2,3 are rolling pretty good now and I have
no place to put him...With Carts and Tyler each having a goal the last 7 games, I don't want to upset the emergence they've shown..Rasmus is much too fast for them and would be an imbalance. Rasmus has shown he can go end to end and put some pucks in the net...and I'd really like to see him use his linemates more....so I think working him in with a few shifts on line 4, will be best"

Kupari's going to have long playoffs and his team is the favorite to win it all again, so i doubt he'd be coming at the end of March.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan

Also, Finland is close to Russia, so WD may mix up the countries and bench Kupari.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When thinking of Kings D propects, the first 3 that come to mind are Clague, Brickley and Strand...
but seems Anderson and Phillips are solid D prospects on the rise! Good to know. And Sean Walker
is showing he can play as well

Yep, Anderson especially has been under the radar, I'd also add Cole Hults to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->