WORLD JUNIORS CHAMPIONSHIP

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Funny thing is WJC board has been ripping on Anderson all tourney.

Just like elsewhere on these boards, defensemen without flash "suck", effectiveness be damned.

Reactions: yankeeking

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kupari has two assists so far and it’s 3-0 Finland.

We may get to see Kupari vs. Anderson in the WJC final.

They were nice assists, too. Both of them his effort resulted in the goal.

First assist, passes to Talivite, then he drives to the net and draws two Swiss defenders to him to create a screen.

The second one was a power forward move where he drove to the net, and Talivite just knocked in the rebound.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Glad to see Kupari getting some points this game. The dark side to all of this is I'm only paying such close attention because we are back to the dark years where the actual Kings werent worth watching, it was only the excitement of 'what could be' for the future with the prospects.

Great example, i have no idea what year it was... probably the late 2000s when Kevin Dallman was the Erik Karlsson of preseason, and that was a huge win for me (and the franchise... at least in my mind, at the time)

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Ms Kupari making plays and scoring.
I have recorded every game and have not been able to watch them all...have to work and sleep as well.
I have scanned through all of them and watched several. I saw the Canada - Finland game and Kupari
played well in it.

Tonight, he's made several good plays and made some nice passes, even on the play in which he scored on.
He's a highly skilled player and will just hope he's better than Kempe. I still hope Kempe is better than Kempe
and have not seen his best. I bet if Kempe was on TBL, he would probably have 25-30 points right now, but that's just
speculation. He does not get to play with highly skilled players like that. Still, give him some more time.

Kupari has 8 goals and 15 assists in Karpat and was 3rd in assists there, until he went to Finish camp and WJC.
Some players are passing him in assists in points, as he's missed the last 8 games.

Let's see how Kupari does in the Gold medal game.

Reactions: Faterson

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
They were nice assists, too. Both of them his effort resulted in the goal.

First assist, passes to Talivite, then he drives to the net and draws two Swiss defenders to him to create a screen.

The second one was a power forward move where he drove to the net, and Talivite just knocked in the rebound.

At last Kupari had a good game. He was okay vs. Canada, but now he played like he should play; use his best asset - skating - and drive to the net. Kupari is not a natural center or a creative playmaker and never will be. Kupari has not Kempe/Wagner-speed, but he is already better skater than most of Kings players.

Kupari is born 2000, so he is still underager. Next year Ontario/AHL or Oulu/Liiga, third U20-tournament, cup of coffee in the NHL. Kempe played 104 games in AHL, Mikko Rantanen 56, Kupari should play 60 - 100 games in the AHL, get 10 -20 lbs more muscle, bigger balls, better/meaner attitude and then he's ready to play in the NHL.

Best players of each team selected by coaches:

FIN
1 LUUKKONEN Ukko-Pekka
15 JOKIHARJU Henri
25 TALVITIE Aarne

USA
11 POEHLING Ryan
15 ROBERTSON Jason
26 ANDERSON Mikey

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Good game so far. I love the pace these young players play the game at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad