Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
100%.

The reason Boston's PP looks undefendable is because Samsonov overplays the shots and then they just pass it to the open man when Samsonov comes 5 feet out of the net for the open net.

You never see Swayman do the same on cross-ice passes.
You also don’t really see any cross-ice passes on our powerplays

Their pp looks like it has the 40m invested in forwards not ours

How can Matthews have 3 points in this series, all in one game. Marner has 2. Tavares has ONE!

They’ve continued the choke of last year…

Reactions: ruaware41

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Steps realistically should be after this series.

1. Clean house on coaching staff

2. Trading Marner (only really player that you can trade), and this team desperately needs a culture shock.

3. Finding and acquiring a goalie that can give you consistent quality goaltending.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Really wish Domi didn't do that hail mary aerial pass in game 2. Boston probably would have ended up winning that game and the series would be over now 4-0
We've now extended the misery till Tuesday. We have to stew for 3 more days
Tune out, don't watch, and stop stewing.

Who gives a shit?

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
As emotionally charged as this post is, I only read facts.

When we signed Tavares I thought it could have a Hossa in Chicago effect. But it created a huge issue with our original young core and strangled the Maple Leafs ability to build a championship team.

We lose in 5 and everything this poster said must happen. We need new leadership and culture change. Build around AM34 and Willy. I’m a huge Rielly believer since 2012 - I’m ready to move on. Let him find success elsewhere.
Hossa didn't play like a bitch like Tavares.. or Marleau … or Marner.. or Nylander.. or Matthews..

They've stepped up the physical play this series but I'm speaking of their careers as a whole

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Would you rather see them lose 4-1, or come back and tie the series 3-3, only to lose game 7 again?

I'd rather see them lose game 5 so that they won't have any excuse not to blow this whole thing up.

I guess I'll be happy whatever the result is for the next game.

Reactions: rdogg

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Its f***ing things like these where they are absolutely f***ing content instead of taking ownership/responsibility of their shit play and their need to be better is the reason they are a f***ing JOKE

The entitlement is way too strong

I saw video of Keefe saying that in the post game presser and I nearly fell off my chair.

Either he is LYING.

OR

He believes what he is saying.

Either option is bad and he needs to go.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Is Seth Jones really bad or is he just not a 9.5mil Dman?
Really think Hawks may be a good trading partner.

Reactions: meefer

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
I saw video of Keefe saying that in the post game presser and I nearly fell off my chair.

Either he is LYING.

OR

He probably doesn't see much point in being negative, he knows his best players won't respond well to it.

The opinions of Keefe and company are irrelevant at this point, what they do doesn't work. It's on upper management to make changes.

Is Seth Jones really bad or is he just not a 9.5mil Dman?
Really think Hawks may be a good trading partner.
That's not a bad idea. Marner and Bedard would generate some top notch regular season highlights.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
He probably doesn't see much point in being negative, he knows his best players won't respond well to it.

The opinions of Keefe and company are irrelevant at this point, what they do doesn't work. It's on upper management to make changes.

That's fair and probably the case,

But still, where is his integrity? That's not acceptable, IMO, especially if he ever wants another job in the NHL.

Reactions: Dave92

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That's fair and probably the case,

But still, where is his integrity? That's not acceptable, IMO, especially if he ever wants another job in the NHL.
I think Keefe still believe he won’t be gone next season and the shape up will be the core 4.

Marner will waive his NMC. There's only so much public humiliation a person can take before they decide to move on. He also can't handle the Toronto pressure. I think he actually asks for a trade this off season.
That’s wishful thinking. But I do think he will be more open to move away from the Leafs.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
If McDavid wins a cup, or even makes the finals in Edmonton, he's never leaving.
I wish the focus would stop being on him. Until we make some big changes. Our defense is ass. Goaltending is ass. We expecting McDavid to throw on the pads? or be on the blueline pairing with Reilly? Defense needs a huge upgrade, cant have 50 million invested in just forwards, I know top dman dont grow on trees, but some sort of trade needs to be somehow made to land 1 and an actual #1 goaltender. This dman group isnt doing shit all and goaltending definitely isnt doing shit all.

Reactions: wingman75

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Either he is LYING.

OR

Friedman called people like you an idiot during the first intermission... effort is not the issue, execution is.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
lol McDavid is not winning a free Big Mac coupon in the trash city Edmonton. Loser team and fanbase. I hate that team. The oilers are playing against Cam Talbot…a freebie. Once the second round comes they will get ousted.
Grow up! I know that sounds tough for you to do but look around, Edmonton is actually showing up and playing their asses off. What the f*** is this lazy ass core doing? Simple answer for ya. SHIT ALL! Just cheque collecting every 2 weeks. Think about what you just said about 2nd round, They actually make the 2nd round on multiple occasions, not once in 20 f***in years. You think Toronto is the holy grail of cities? Its not, its a nice city that I visit quite a bit and load up on my Leafs gear because theres very little here that isnt Matthews. But it aint paradise that you think it is.

Everywhere I go Torontonians are great people even on this page, well except you. Grow up, quit acting like a pathetic child. :thumbd:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Grow up! I know that sounds tough for you to do but look around, Edmonton is actually showing up and playing their asses off. What the f*** is this lazy ass core doing? Simple answer for ya. SHIT ALL! Just cheque collecting every 2 weeks. Think about what you just said about 2nd round, They actually make the 2nd round on multiple occasions, not once in 20 f***in years. You think Toronto is the holy grail of cities? Its not, its a nice city that I visit quite a bit and load up on my Leafs gear because theres very little here that isnt Matthews. But it aint paradise that you think it is.

Everywhere I go Torontonians are great people even on this page, well except you. Grow up, quit acting like a pathetic child. :thumbd:

Edmonton is playing LA... let's see how they do against a real team...

They play hard one way.

They have great players, but are far from a good team.

2nd round is nothing to brag about... making the 3rd round and having 0 wins is also nothing to brag about... they are barely more successful than Toronto, yet people act like they did something.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

They get to play a team who won 1 playoff game (game, not series) in 2 series before playing the Oilers. Stop pretending LA is a strong playoff team. They're an 8th seed that got gifted the 7 seed because Vegas was playing with half their team on LTIR.

When was the last time LA won a round? Before Matthews, Marner and Nylander were drafted.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Edmonton is playing LA... let's see how they do against a real team...

They play hard one way.

They have great players, but are far from a good team.

2nd round is nothing to brag about... making the 3rd round and having 0 wins is also nothing to brag about... they are barely more successful than Toronto, yet people act like they did something.

They get to play a team who won 1 playoff game (game, not series) in 2 series before playing the Oilers. Stop pretending LA is a strong playoff team. They're an 8th seed that got gifted the 7 seed because Vegas was playing with half their team on LTIR.

When was the last time LA won a round? Before Matthews, Marner and Nylander were drafted.
I said it in another thread.
LA is Bruins with worse goalies BUT knowing our Leafs and basing by past results, I think our boys will make Talbot looks like Hasek 2.0 and we all will be here saying we got goalie AGAIN.
Not saying Oilers will beat Bruins but I have a feeling they would have score more than 7 goals in 4 games.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
McJesus will come to Toronto.

On the third day he rose again, and he said; my brother. Be without Marner and I will bring a Stanley Cup home.
And he will lead the Leafs to Cups with his four main disciple, Matthew, Willie, Morgan and Max

• Haha
Reactions: Sniper99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad