Prospect Info: World Junior 2022 Talk

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
I blame the IIHF and the province of Alberta. Holding this tournament in a province with the worst per capita covid death and serious illness numbers in the country seems just plain stupid.

Alberta ranks 4th in deaths per capita. Just slightly worse than 5th place Ontario and almost half of 1st place Quebec. And if Ontario didn’t have so many Federal employees wrapped up in a safety bubble, Ontario would be worse than Alberta. Your post looks pretty stupid actually

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Was really looking forward to seeing how Sanderson played. Hope they can reschedule the tournament for a later date...

They are just blowing smoke up our rears. Top prospects won't want to risk getting hurt.

I don't see this happening unless the latest outbreak calms down real fast.

Maybe All-star break / pause timeline otherwise is a pipedream.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm curious to know haw many were actually sick and those who just had a positive result.

Does it really matter? We all saw how the NHL failed when Ottawa among other teams had an outbreak. You can remove the positive cause from the team but the virus will continue to spread without any real attempt to contain it. By the time medal rounds came around teams would have 10+ cases, and enough of them symptomatic to have an impact on rosters.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
Does it really matter? We all saw how the NHL failed when Ottawa among other teams had an outbreak. You can remove the positive cause from the team but the virus will continue to spread without any real attempt to contain it. By the time medal rounds came around teams would have 10+ cases, and enough of them symptomatic to have an impact on rosters.
Doubtful on the symptomatic part

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Hospital sends out numbers to the staff which are much different than OPH whose numbers are quite out of date for hospitalization and ICU.
My fiance gets the same emails..... Same ones that discuss the validity of how many of those are actually covid cases of people that are actually sick or just tested positive. It's a joke. Very sad that this is only about politics and not about actual health and financial well being.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I honestly think Greig is one of the most overrated Sens prospects around here.

Tons of hype but he looks like a 3rd liner to me that plays physical and can be a pest.

Nothing wrong with that but nothing like some penciling him into our #2 C in the future

He also looks more like a winger than a C to me as well

I agree with the 3rd line part but he could be a C or W.

Reactions: DJB

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I was surprised as well. I had Peterka in there as well. Jarventie over Peterka was even more surprising. Still holding out some hope for Jarventie to be able to round out his game as he gets stronger. He can score.
Jack Quinn has looked really good in the games I've seen Rochester play btw. I know you were high on him. Looks like a player for sure.
Peterka has looked good as well. He played RW in the games I saw. I think he could slide in beside Stutzle now. He can wire the puck.
Buffalo also picked up Krebs... that's 3 nice forwards they'll be adding soon.
Rochester has been good this year .

Sens draft was good (Sanderson Stutzle) . It could have been better.. but I think we can say that for most teams. I am not disappointed in Greig .. I just had Peterka there. Greig looked very good in his sample with the BSens last year. That's not the worst pick or decision at the draft they made over the past couple years.
Thanks, yeah big Quinn fan I watched him a ton. He was leading the entire AHL in scoring before he got Mono. His game at the WJC was incredibly out of character last year think he was holding his stick too tight and not playing his game. I agree I watched him a few times with Rochester he can really score. I think Buffalo is going to be really good in a few years, they have drafted well and when you are going to have one of Dahlin or Power on the ice the entire game youre going to have the puck alot. Tuch looked really good last night, was all over the ice had 4 hits. Ironically the only thing that team is really missing is a first line center moving forward. They are extremely deep everywhere else, I like Cozens but to me he projects as a number 2.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Pinto pans out, he could be the 3C with Grieg at wing. Or vice-versa. :)
He may have to move over .. I have not seen him play wing. I think it would take away from the strengths in his game at this point. I don't see Pinto failing to pan out and I don't see him moving to the wing either. So I guess we'll see how that pans out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad