Prospect Info: World Junior 2022 Talk

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Late response but nonetheless, in Quebec we are well on our way to hospitalization numbers we were seeing before vaccinations, and could well surpass them as well. I don’t talk out of my ass I look at the f***ing trends. You’re a Covid minimizer and you should be embarrassed.
Not sure I've read anything more rich than you calling out anyone for embarrassing content on here. Do you own a small business? I'd bet the answer is no.
3 in the ICU and 21 in the hospital in a city of around 1 million people is a surprising low number.
They're about to shut down all restaurants now. How many of those hospitalizations are actually from Covid? Id be willing to bet people calling other people covid minimilizars work from home and don't have a grasp on economics or the fall out these shut downs have on mental health and people financial welfare.

I know more people personally that have committed suicide during the pandemic than have died from covid 19. I know many business owners that have lost their lively hood an their life's work. There needs to be a balance to how we react to this through accurate data. All sides should be looked at when making decisions. It's not happening. It's about politics now. 133 billion in debt and counting.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Not sure I've read anything more rich than you calling out anyone for embarrassing content on here. Do you own a small business? I'd bet the answer is no.

They're about to shut down all restaurants now. How many of those hospitalizations are actually from Covid? Id be willing to bet people calling other people covid minimilizars work from home and don't have a grasp on economics or the fall out these shut downs have on mental health and people financial welfare.

I know more people personally that have committed suicide during the pandemic than have died from covid 19. I know many business owners that have lost their lively hood an their life's work. There needs to be a balance to how we react to this through accurate data. All sides should be looked at when making decisions. It's not happening. It's about politics now. 133 billion in debt and counting.
It’s almost an impossible situation to govern. In Ontario our Premier is desperately trying to avoid more restrictions but the pressure from the Science table, media, poverty advocates and unions is unyielding.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s almost an impossible situation to govern. In Ontario our Premier is desperately trying to avoid more restrictions but the pressure from the Science table, media, poverty advocates and unions is unyielding.
This is not an impossible situation anymore. Certain populations just yield to government control more than others. All you have to do is look at how different countries are handling this. Clearly in the US south Africa etc etc they don't think these measures are correct. The majority of Ottawas population is unnefected by these closures atleast in the immediate future. So you're going to get this kind of compliance then push back to anyone that says different. Considering most that post on here work in tech or government.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This is not an impossible situation anymore. Certain populations just yield to government control more than others. All you have to do is look at how different countries are handling this. Clearly in the US south Africa etc etc they don't think these measures are correct. The majority of Ottawas population is unnefected by these closures atleast in the immediate future. So you're going to get this kind of compliance then push back to anyone that says different. Considering most that post on here work in tech or government.
It’s not just the city, overall the majority of Canadians want the government to impose more restrictions whether you and I disagree or not.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s not just the city, overall the majority of Canadians want the government to impose more restrictions whether you and I disagree or not.
You absolutely do not know this for a fact. You shouldn't state it. There is no proof. I'd love to see an actual sensus done.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You absolutely do not know this for a fact. You shouldn't state it. There is no proof. I'd love to see an actual sensus done.
It’s called an election. The Conservatives lost all their support in the suburbs due to their reluctance to force vaccine mandates.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s called an election. The Conservatives lost all their support in the suburbs due to their reluctance to force vaccine mandates.
Province sets these mandates... Conservatives had the majority of the vote federally..... But that has nothing to do with what I said. I'd love to see an unbiased census of how Canadians feel about these lock downs and restrictions. The only people that are in any remote danger of the current variant are the unvaccinated, the extremely old and the at risk due to specific health conditions. Many many many countries have taken specific measures to keep these people safe while continuing to operate. Sticking your head in the sand and not looking at this objectively is fine for people that have a guaranteed pay cheque and a good support system. That don't suffer from mental health issues due to isolation, or loss of wages. Blanket closings and restrictions are the only way? Do you actually believe this? There are 3 people in the icu all over 70 years old....... There is 1 million people living here. Shutting down the entire economy over this.... That's asinine. Imagine being a small town in Northern Ontario and trying to run a business when no one is actually sick.....

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The WJC would be play in August. Start where he end, team have to be the same line up. Announcing after the Olympic

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If anyone needs it, its probably the sens, they have the smallest scouting staff.
Everyone will have been drafted already other than the best of the best. The 2023 WJC will have far more undrafted players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad