Prospect Info: World Junior 2022 Talk

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
the integrity of the tourney is just gone now really

It’s absolute bullshit.

1.6% of the entirety of the players involved (and another ~100 coaches and trainers) with a positive test, none of which are exhibiting symptoms that is effecting them, seeing they have played in the past day or two prior to the tests.

Common sense has gone out the window.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s absolute bullshit.

1.6% of the entirety of the people involved with a positive test, none of which are exhibiting symptoms that is effecting them, seeing they have played in the past day or two prior to the tests.

Common sense has gone out the window.
Oh that ended a long time ago.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Just completely bogus. Bunch of tip top shape athletes, with zero symptoms or sickness.

Living in a twilight zone.

Going to be going through this again when the inevitable new strain comes out 4 months from now, rinse and repeat.

Is what it is, need to treat it like any other illness, cold and flu at this point. Get vaccinated, take a yearly shot, stay home if you’re unwell, and that’s that. Business as usual.

You sound like someone who hasn't experienced covid personally or know anyone who has caught it. Stop talking out of your ass.

Edit: And by the way I do agree they are overreacting at the tournament if there truly are only 3-4 cases overall. You can take Covid seriously and still have common sense.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You sound like someone who hasn't experienced covid personally or know anyone who has caught it. Stop talking out of your ass.

Edit: And by the way I do agree they are overreacting at the tournament if there truly are only 3-4 cases overall. You can take Covid seriously and still have common sense.
I had Covid last week, my significant other tested positive yesterday, she works as a nurse. Have a bit of experience and know people with experience.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Again, the publically available data does not support your alarmist attitude.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Whatever people's feelings on the strictness of covid and cancellations...I think we should all be able to agree that the IIHF / Hockey Canada / whoever planned the logistics blew it for everyone.

If the standard for forfeiting is minimal, then be extra safe in keeping the players and team staff contained. It's not like this couldn't be foreseen a long time in advance. Just looking at the data we have, covid spikes in the cold weather are pretty easy to anticipate. Sucks for everyone if it's come to this, but whoever planned this thing owes these kids especially a big apology for botching the logistics. With the precautions put into place for the individual team camps, there is no excuse for not having this thing go as planned.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
4 out of 250 players tested positive and they are cancelling games and the entire tournament?

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
4 out of 250 players tested positive and they are cancelling games and the entire tournament?

Problem is, close contact situation and isolation, having so many games in a short schedule, not having substitutes if guys needed to isolate. Not to mention the fact that the tournament wasnt held in a bubble so you had the general public in the same locations as officials/players/coaches.

Just a giant unorganized mess from start to finish.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
No one had a contingency plan for a spike in COVID cases prior to the tournament? No one thought to separate players from the general public - especially in Alberta?

Mostly I feel for the players, taking time away from family and club teams only to have things blow up.

Ruins my favourite time for hockey...COVID ruins everything.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Bob McKenzie says that this tournament can help your draft status but won't hurt it. I guess we may see. Not sure he drops out of #1.. If someone like Kemell was really tearing it up maybe. I can't see who will over take him. Lambert has had a good tournament and may move up a couple spots in the top 10 but I can't see him overtaking Wright.

I wonder what Bob meant by "draft status". We shall see at the draft.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I didnt suggest they take Cuylle with the Greig pick not once. I was clearly suggesting they take Peterka. So thats all im going to respond to in that regard. Jarventie was an absolutely horrid pick. Much rather have Cuylle he is 6'4 and very physical nothing like Lazar and Bowers who are average sized players. Really bad comparison on your end. The sens had 4 second rounders I was suggesting they could have taken him with any of them. It was suprising they didnt because he is exactly the type of player they say they want to build around.

I also didnt say anything about Greig not being explosive, he has been and very tenacious but he doesnt have an elite offensive hockey IQ. Which based on your argument for Sanderson over Power who clearly has way more offensive upside and a better read on the game from an offensive perspective I am not surprised you cant see it.

My argument for Sanderson over Power was not IQ; not sure where you got that from. Sanderson is the better skater, defensive player, and physical player. Their IQ is similar. Power without a doubt has him beat in more offensive categories or it wouldn't be close. They both have their differences but they are similar prospects.

And Peterka would have been sweet with Jarventie pick. Anybody's guess between he and Greig.

You are still underrated Jarventie a lot. He turned 19 right before the season and is around .5 PPG in the AHL while being incredibly raw. He had DOUBLE the amount of goals of anyone else u19 in Finnish elite league last year. He led them all in PPG but a significant margin. Hirvonen, at 19 and another 2nd round pick from same draft, is similar in output than Jarventie's 18 year old season. Jarventie also has significantly higher offensive IQ than Cuylle. Did you see his zone entry and wicked pass to wide open Kemell who just missed cross ice? Or him bodying players in the third and the puck protection pass back around the net? Those are top 6 calibre flash plays. Cuylle can be 6'6 for all I care, but he plays like a 3rd liner. Being physical so what. That's what my comparable to Lazar and Bowers were, hard-nosed good scoring and "safe" players who don't flash top-end talent. Jarventie is further ahead than Roope Hintz in development at same age. They are quite similar prospects but Jarventie is a bit more lackadaisical in his play.

We selected Jarventie, Kleven and 1 second rounder traded and 4th 2nd rounder Cuylle was selected(I'd still choose Sokolov over him all day). We chose better and more flashier players than Cuylle; which is what we all have wanted.

Greig was a spectacular pick. Mann or Dorion said they couldn't believe he was still on the board and intended to use that 3rd 1st rounder on Jarventie. He was the best scorer(PPG) on his team at 17. He was one of the best in WHL at 18 and 3rd best at 19. The guy without question has top 6 potential. Still to be seen if he achieves it. Greig is very good at everything. Passing, shooting(if he had a weak part of his game I'd say shooting def needs to improve), defensive game, face-offs, hitting, 2 way game, tenacity, motor, IQ, puck handling etc. His IQ is his best asset. It isn't elite but it's of top 6 capability.

I have no qualms of Greig over Peterka and can't believe you called Jarventie a horrid pick.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Apparently the hotel where team was , have be open to the public. A weading party spread the virus lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Should take your own advice on this one. You know nothing about his personal life. No one is getting sick from this strain. 1 ICU patient in 5635 current positive tests in Ottawa.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad