Prospect Info: World Junior 2022 Talk

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Thanks, yeah big Quinn fan I watched him a ton. He was leading the entire AHL in scoring before he got Mono. His game at the WJC was incredibly out of character last year think he was holding his stick too tight and not playing his game. I agree I watched him a few times with Rochester he can really score. I think Buffalo is going to be really good in a few years, they have drafted well and when you are going to have one of Dahlin or Power on the ice the entire game youre going to have the puck alot. Tuch looked really good last night, was all over the ice had 4 hits. Ironically the only thing that team is really missing is a first line center moving forward. They are extremely deep everywhere else, I like Cozens but to me he projects as a number 2.
Yup Quinn is going to score at the NHL level. Kid really has a knack for scoring goals, I thought we might grab him at 5 but I am very happy with Sanderson.

Reactions: aragorn

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He may have to move over .. I have not seen him play wing. I think it would take away from the strengths in his game at this point. I don't see Pinto failing to pan out and I don't see him moving to the wing either. So I guess we'll see how that pans out.
Never a bad thing to have too many good centres.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Insanely stupid. At this point, just lock yourself at home and wrap yourself in bubblewrap. Forever.

Also, Hockey Canada has gotten lazy and entitled. They have all the money in the world to bubble up easily and didn't.

Stupidity all around.

I wonder what the economics of the tournament were? Were gate receipts a major portion of total revenues?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Does it really matter? We all saw how the NHL failed when Ottawa among other teams had an outbreak. You can remove the positive cause from the team but the virus will continue to spread without any real attempt to contain it. By the time medal rounds came around teams would have 10+ cases, and enough of them symptomatic to have an impact on rosters.
Again, we have no idea if people were actually sick. Were the players in Ottawa actually sick? Everyone is treating this like it day one of the Corona Virus. Media/Government is fuelling panic again making everyone rush out to get test kits that they don't need. If you are sick stay home, if you have no symptoms you don't need a test. This new protocol for sports is stupid, an overreaction.

GoMyTeam

Aug 20, 2017
Again, we have no idea if people were actually sick. Were the players in Ottawa actually sick? Everyone is treating this like it day one of the Corona Virus. Media/Government is fuelling panic again making everyone rush out to get test kits that they don't need. If you are sick stay home, if you have no symptoms you don't need a test. This new protocol for sports is stupid, an overreaction.
Holden definitely had it, I remember him talking about not having too harsh of symptoms but ended up passing it to his kids.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
ain, we have no idea if people were actually sick. Were the players in Ottawa actually sick?

No. We do know that some were symptomatic. Maybe you don't know, but the information is out there.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
From what you've shown the coach was the only one with real covid symptoms. the others had the flu.
'the 22-year-old Ottawa Senators winger had a lot of symptoms of the virus, including a loss of energy and respiratory issues'

did you read the article?

I know its not sever symptoms but it is worse than a flu for some. Others it seems like the omicron is flu 'like' or slightly worse. It seems like for Formenton it was more than just a 'flu'

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They should make it so every player that was eligible as of December 2021 can play in the summer tournament...they owe us some god damn entertainment.

The question I would have, is where would the age cutoff be? Is it going to be the same age cutoff as if it was held right now (Dec 21- Jan 22), or do they expect all the players to still be under 20 in the summer? That might screw over a few of the older kids in the tourney.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The question I would have, is where would the age cutoff be? Is it going to be the same age cutoff as if it was held right now (Dec 21- Jan 22), or do they expect all the players to still be under 20 in the summer? That might screw over a few of the older kids in the tourney.
Same age cut off as the cancelled tournament. U20 as of Dec 31 2021

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe Boucher goes on a rip and makes the summer team :)

Will that be allowed? You'd think they'd want the same roster that started. And even then, will they simply restart the tournament, or continue from where it left off? If teams are allowed ot chang eup rosters, that you'd have to think they'd have the start the tourney over from the beginning.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Will that be allowed? You'd think they'd want the same roster that started. And even then, will they simply restart the tournament, or continue from where it left off? If teams are allowed ot chang eup rosters, that you'd have to think they'd have the start the tourney over from the beginning.
Makes sense to start from the beginning to make more money on games imo

also I’m sure the rosters will change where some guys may enter the NHL or not want to get injured pre draft ? Not sure but imo it makes sense to start again

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
They are counting all positive tests even if you didnt go in for covid (for something else) they are counting it. Right now on Ottawa Public Health it says 5637 active cases 8 in hospital and 1 in ICU. Here is the link. Given the news that they are counting A symptomatic people they should be basing this on ICU cases.

Daily COVID-19 Dashboard - Ottawa Public Health
Now it’s 21 in hospital and 3 in ICU. By this time next week that could triple again, or worse.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Should take your own advice on this one. You know nothing about his personal life. No one is getting sick from this strain. 1 ICU patient in 5635 current positive tests in Ottawa.

Late response but nonetheless, in Quebec we are well on our way to hospitalization numbers we were seeing before vaccinations, and could well surpass them as well. I don’t talk out of my ass I look at the f***ing trends. You’re a Covid minimizer and you should be embarrassed.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He may have to move over .. I have not seen him play wing. I think it would take away from the strengths in his game at this point. I don't see Pinto failing to pan out and I don't see him moving to the wing either. So I guess we'll see how that pans out.
I could be wrong but didn't Pinto play a lot of RW at the WJC where he did so well & we got to see that big shot of his from the circle similar to what we see Norris doing now at the NHL level? I think Pinto has enough skill to play in either position C or RW & it will be interesting where they decide to move Stutzle back to LW or leave him at centre. They could try & form a 3rd line with Pinto at centre rather than stock the 2nd line with all of their next best players (Stutzle, Pinto & C. Brown).

I kind of like the Formenton - Stutzle - C. Brown line & if they can find two others to jell with Pinto that can also be offensively productive that would be ideal for this team. He isn't due to return until sometime around the TDL & if that is the case & they will likely move some players out to make roster room.

They will likely promote some of their better prospects & they could form a line with Pinto. Paul - Pinto - Sokolov would be interesting, a big strong good possession line & if they were to give Jarventie some games at LW with them adding a skilled goal scorer might be even more interesting. When Boucher comes on line, they can move Sokolov down a line & all of a sudden they have a decent looking right side with Batherson, C. Brown, Boucher & Sokolov.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
3 in the ICU and 21 in the hospital in a city of around 1 million people is a surprising low number.
Just follow the trends. Across Ontario we have tripled hospitalizations in a week. The good news is the ICUs are in good shape with over 600 beds available as of right now. Complacency is a mistake.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah I was thinking the same cut off as right now. It makes sense from an entertainment point of view, and parity would still be ensured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad