World JR. A Hockey Challenge

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Great save by Koster... saved a goal for sure. Nice start by Czechs... I don't think they have the guns to last a full period with the States but they appear to want to try it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That's Princl's second really good look in this game... he's clearly a playmaker because his shot is below average.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
All this chippiness suits the Czechs more... US really needs to settle in, focus on scoring and getting a lead. Czechs would be fine with a post whistle scrum after every whistle. Also, 2 and a 10 is ridiculous.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Bad rebound... you could see it unfolding. Now the Czechs have to open up... not good.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's funny because after the round robin
.. the top 2 scoring teams were Czechs and US. Czechs have scored one goal in the playoffs and US has scored 2. Both teams dried up at really bad times

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
oh my god, inches away from it being over and a czech victory on that wraparound and then right after it the the U.S scores to win it. Tough loss for the Czechs.

Good game to watch though, looks like I will miss the first period of the gold medal game but should be back home to settle in for the 2nd.

Reactions: snipes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Had to miss the end of the game as I had to coach... PVR... come home, see we score with 4 seconds left and then lose in OT. Beauty work by Kuntar. Proud of the Czechs. They looked great in the round robin and took US to OT twice in this tourney. Bronze at U17 as well so at least we're a little more competitve with the big boys. Congrats to US... I really think Czechs need to start interviewing people in the States and Finland on how to develop National Teams.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They can't keep pace at all early on.

There’s a number of players on this Russian team that will go on to the NHL one day.

Guys like Pashin were at the Hlinka this summer, he’s a small guy but man he’s got skill and a great shot.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Great chance for Canada East that was so close to going in.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
There’s a number of players on this Russian team that will go on to the NHL one day.

Guys like Pashin were at the Hlinka this summer, he’s a small guy but man he’s got skill and a great shot.
Yeah, Pashin is a whirling dervish out there. This is a really good Russian team, neither Canada East, the Czechs or the U.S look in their league from what I have seen of them today.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
#27 for Russia saved a sure goal by swiping the puck at the goal line.

Reactions: jj cale

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, Pashin is a whirling dervish out there. This is a really good Russian team, neither Canada East, the Czechs or the U.S look in their league from what I have seen of them today.

Canada East have generated some chances when they’ve been heavy on the forecheck.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada East have generated some chances when they’ve been heavy on the forecheck.
They are starting to get some things together yeah.

Button talking about the Russian goalie being alert, well if a goalie ain't alert he needs to find something else to do with his life.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They are starting to get some things together yeah.

Button talking about the Russian goalie being alert, well if a goalie ain't alert he needs to find something else to do with his life.

Looked like a team playing the Canadian Way in the second half of the period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad