World JR. A Hockey Challenge

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs were at least even this period but another Russian goal on another Russian breakaway... it really looks like every Russian is considerably faster than every Czech skater.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No Klapka... I was wondering why I hadn't noticed him as he's very noticeable.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Dobes was great in net. Russian goalie was excellent... I really thing Russia is the next major Goalie Factory.

Russia was better in every possible way today. Good luck with Canada East!

I'm very excited about the Bronze game tomorrow.. not so excited to face the US team. Hoping they're dispirited!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No Klapka! Dammit. I know he isn't elite or anything but I felt like he was a big part of our success. Something was always happening when he was out there. Feel like he created space for others and was a good passer. Barinka has been much quieter since Klapka disappeared.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Id geniunely be thrilled if we could exit this period scoreless... with every minute that passes the States look stronger and we look weaker. Not surprising of course but we need a goal or the first period to end to give us any hope.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
https://hctv.vidflex.tv/en/c/2019-wjac-dec-14-russia-vs-czech-republic.104352

Tuning out my Oiler's now (playing awful) and hoping the Czechs can pull off the upset and beat Russia! Very nervous, expect a close game. Amazingly, I've really like both goalies so I don't even care who our starter is.

The Oilers have been horrible lately, don’t blame you bro. They’re pissing me off too lately.

Gold and Bronze are broadcasted today on TSN TV today, I like supporting junior hockey so I’ll check out a bit of both.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
3 powerplays in a row for US... not cause refs are bias but because Czech D is slow and can't keep up.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The Oilers have been horrible lately, don’t blame you bro. They’re pissing me off too lately.

Gold and Bronze are broadcasted today on TSN TV today, I like supporting junior hockey so I’ll check out a bit of both.

With the States being upset that Gold medal game could be awesome... Canada/Russia is always good. This game is going like you think it might.lol

Oil - no secondary scoring, no backup, average starter, below average D, cap poor - so many problems. Connor and Drai might finish Top 5 in scoring 2 years in a row and not see a playoff game... so depressing.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
With the States being upset that Gold medal game could be awesome... Canada/Russia is always good. This game is going like you think it might.lol

Oil - no secondary scoring, no backup, average starter, below average D, cap poor - so many problems. Connor and Drai might finish Top 5 in scoring 2 years in a row and not see a playoff game... so depressing.

I didn’t know you were an Oilers fan until now, come over to HFOil sometime. Although right now it’s pretty toxic given that we’re on a losing streak.

For this event — any time it’s Canada v Russia it’s on. I don’t care if it’s a bunch of old beer leaguers playing. Canada v Russia always matters and I’ll always check out. In Western Canada our kids learn about the 1972 Summit Series when they’re toddlers.

Pulling for a Czech win, beat them Yanks.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I didn’t know you were an Oilers fan until now, come over to HFOil sometime. Although right now it’s pretty toxic given that we’re on a losing streak.

For this event — any time it’s Canada v Russia it’s on. I don’t care if it’s a bunch of old beer leaguers playing. Canada v Russia always matters and I’ll always check out. In Western Canada our kids learn about the 1972 Summit Series when they’re toddlers.

Pulling for a Czech win, beat them Yanks.
Yeah, I write about the Oil at Copper and Blue. It's pretty toxic over there too.lol That blog is very divided between what to do with Nurse, Kassian and if we should trade for Hall.

Being a Czech and Oiler fan the last decade has not been fun!

Thrilled it's 0-0... States are better but 'that's why you play the game' and all...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, I write about the Oil at Copper and Blue. It's pretty toxic over there too.lol That blog is very divided between what to do with Nurse, Kassian and if we should trade for Hall.

Being a Czech and Oiler fan the last decade has not been fun!

Thrilled it's 0-0... States are better but 'that's why you play the game' and all...

Still have a punchers chance. Keep it close and you never know what can happen, the Yanks are beatable.

What are your thoughts on Blumel and Mazura?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Still have a punchers chance. Keep it close and you never know what can happen, the Yanks are beatable.

What are your thoughts on Blumel and Mazura?
Mazura should be playing in this tournament right now. His parents were smart and chose the US development route... could become a legit prospect in 2 or 3 years. Definitely won't be overnight. Given the Oil... they'll probably let him walk in a few years and then he'll become an NHL regular for another team like Marino did.

Blumel might make it in a few years but unlikely. I'm a big fan but I think he'll, eventually, end up in the AHL and it'll be tough for him. For instance, David Kase just got his first 2 games in the NHL and he was the Captain of our U20 team. Michal Spacek was our best forward at the U20's and he's still in the AHL. He got called up a few weeks ago but never got a start. I'd say, at the same age, Kase and Spacek were better than Blumel.

Oil are awful at developing European players as well. Yes, I know Drai/Klefbom are European but, generally speaking, their Euro's never pan out... Jesse P, Yakupov, Musil etc. I also think they're switching up from being a team that rushes prospects way too soon and ruins them to the recent Detroit model where they leave the guys in the Minor's for way too long. Gone from rusing to over ripping! Both aren't good. For instance, Bensen is a .9ppg player in over 100 AHL games and has yet to even get a view from the pressbox in the NHL and we desperately need scoring. What's the message you give him? What more can he do?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm ready, hope the team is, Russians looked pretty sharp last game.

At any level of hockey it’s usually an entertaining game when it’s Canada v Russia.

I’m looking forward to it, Russia has a strong team it’ll be a challenge for sure.

Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not happy with the no call on the blatant high stick on Kowalczyk... Czechs were even or better for first 15 minutes of this period but now States are looking great. Again, I'll gladly take a scoreless period... as massive underdogs here, the longer is stays scoreless the better our chances. Need a lucky bounce, goalie mistake etc. Just frustrate them!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
At any level of hockey it’s usually an entertaining game when it’s Canada v Russia.

I’m looking forward to it, Russia has a strong team it’ll be a challenge for sure.
Russia was really ordinary during round robin but that Goalie was rock solid and they came alive yesterday. Czechs stood no chance. I gotta think Canada East is the favourite though. Think it'll be a good game. Really enjoy Pashin and the goalie for Russia.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Not happy with the no call on the blatant high stick on Kowalczyk... Czechs were even or better for first 15 minutes of this period but now States are looking great. Again, I'll gladly take a scoreless period... as massive underdogs here, the longer is stays scoreless the better our chances. Need a lucky bounce, goalie mistake etc. Just frustrate them!
You come out of this period still scoreless and I would say you've got them where you want them.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Got the Yanks right where you want them.

Close, scrappy, scoreless game. The Yankee boys are going to be frustrated hopefully the Czechs stay on them.

1 goal might be enough to win it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
A lot of the Czechs best chances seem to be them trying to score from behind the net or along the goal line... US goalie is excellent not sure why they think he'll let them in.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
From a Czech perspective... this is ideal for us. US really needed to put the pedal down and just crush us by now. The Bronze means a lot more to the Czech players than US. Going to be an interesting third period. Hopefully Czechs can keep it close. Agreed about one goal could win this... but if US score first, we're going to be in tough to tie it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad