World JR. A Hockey Challenge

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This US team isn't NTDP, it's a USHL team.
I'm sure both teams have a history of pasting the Czechs.lol It's been a rough decade for Czech Junior hockey... especially when we play the North American's.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
20191211_183310.jpg

20191211_183542.jpg

Watching Canada East vs USA

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs are anhilating Canada West ... 4-0 after 10 minutes. I can't remember even one game in the last decade where I thought a Czech team was thoroughly dominating a North American one... truly strange.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Followed by Canada anhilating the Czechs.. that's more like it.lol 4-3 Czechs.. third period is going to be something

Reactions: Connor McDaigle

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Very interesting results for this team. Have to say i'm very surprised. Does anyone from this Czech team make the World Junior team?
Looks like Barinka could be a definite candidate..
Matej Morong as well?
Anyone on defense?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Very interesting results for this team. Have to say i'm very surprised. Does anyone from this Czech team make the World Junior team?
Looks like Barinka could be a definite candidate..
Matej Morong as well?
Anyone on defense?
Kowalczyk or Malik? The tourney is insane... We beat both canadas, the Russians and took a dominant US team to OT. Our goalies have both been excellent and they are our 5th best goalies. Some encouraging signs for our struggling program. I'd maybe consider barinka

Reactions: czechcanadian

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Kowalczyk or Malik? The tourney is insane... We beat both canadas, the Russians and took a dominant US team to OT. Our goalies have both been excellent and they are our 5th best goalies. Some encouraging signs for our struggling program. I'd maybe consider barinka

Yeah its mesmerizing how deep our goaltending is. Like Dostal, Parik, or Malik could all easily be starters. All very talented.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brendan Brisson has been dominant. He's tied for the all time tournament scoring record with two games to go. He'll probably break it easily.

Should make our WJC roster next year at center, and might be the first American off the board in the 2020 draft.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Impressed Canada East got this to OT... US has steamrolled this tourney and are now in trouble.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats to Canada East! Feels like an upset to me. Now I need the Czechs to beat Russia in a few hours in a game that I think will be real tough!

Reactions: jj cale

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Glad we won but I think the hockey Gods were on our side.

Though, I will say our defensive system really shut the US down during the lengthy 5 on 3. That includes our goalie.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Gorgeous goal by the Russian... they were the lowest scoring team in the tourney going into this and now have 2 goals in under 5 minutes. Of course they do! Jelinek looks pretty silly on a nothing play there as he banks it in his own net. Awful start and Russia looks great!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This game may already be over... it's 3-0. Pashin is clearly the best player on the ice and the Russian's are just having Grade A chance followed by Grade A chance. No question who's the bettter team in the first 10 minutes...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Pull that goalie. That was a terrible goal. Skorpik absolutely needs that save.. Czechs were finally applying pressure and looking decent and a stinker drops in!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So an own goal, an awful goal, several Russian 2 on 1's, breakaways, crossbars... 4-0 seems generous. Put in the other goalie to start the 2nd and slowly start chipping away. You have nothing to lose at this point and 4 goal leads can be a pain in the ass to maintain. Unless the Russians decide to score 4 more.lol

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
So an own goal, an awful goal, several Russian 2 on 1's, breakaways, crossbars... 4-0 seems generous. Put in the other goalie to start the 2nd and slowly start chipping away. You have nothing to lose at this point and 4 goal leads can be a pain in the ass to maintain. Unless the Russians decide to score 4 more.lol
After how theyve played in this tourney i cant believe this is the score..
still 2 periods to go i guess..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
After how theyve played in this tourney i cant believe this is the score..
still 2 periods to go i guess..
Yup, both the 'favourites' are looking to be playing for Bronze tomorrow. US were thoroughly dominant and they're done. Statistically we were coming in hot and look terrible so far.

They did do the goalie switch... now we need a goalie and a lucky bounce going our way! I'll watch to the end.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Now one of our best players, Rychlovsky, appears to be done... some blood and couldn't stand on his own. Turns out it's cernovsky (sp?)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad