GWT: World Cup - Third Place Game - Croatia v. Morocco

Who wins bronze?

• Total voters

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But I didn't boycott anything NOR did I whine about Qatar, contrary to others here.
That seems to escape you. I blame hypocritical people who try to give lessons while not considering their own country.
I've many times on this board talked about France's past, and never tried to diminish their responsability.

We know who the hypocrite is. Or are.
Not us Finns, we've always boycotted the World Cup.

Reactions: Rob

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
But I didn't boycott anything NOR did I whine about Qatar, contrary to others here.
That seems to escape you. I blame hypocritical people who try to give lessons while not considering their own country.
I've many times on this board talked about France's past, and never tried to diminish their responsability.

We know who the hypocrite is. Or are.
Everyone is well aware. Criticizing your PSG benefactors would have a real knock-on effect for you on this board, so we get it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Croatia with the deserving victory. Gotta agree with others the Morocco constant scrumming the official grew tiring and ought to have been dealt with. Since when is that allowed.

The lack of Penalty call or VAR review when Gvardiol was hauled down with the ball right at his feet home free, complete sham. That was a penalty any day of the week. But none called. Official would not even consider going to VAR. Glad that sham didn't make a difference. FIFA saved from more embarassment.

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Congratulations to both teams, as they both beat the odds to get so far.

1671297050666.gif

Never tell Croatia the odds. 😉

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I don’t care that Petkovic scored the goal against Brazil, if I never see him in the NT again, I’ll be perfectly fine with it.

Agree, there's a reason why he's still in the HNL in his late 20s and he's not even dominating there. He is still living off a couple of decent games in Euro 2020 qualifying. And with respect to Livakovic, there needs to be a massive upgrade over him, good shot stopper but he refuses to come off his line, Perisic was yelling at him to come off today and over the span of the tournament I legit thought Lovren was going to slap him lol

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Agree, there's a reason why he's still in the HNL in his late 20s and he's not even dominating there. He is still living off a couple of decent games in Euro 2020 qualifying. And with respect to Livakovic, there needs to be a massive upgrade over him, good shot stopper but he refuses to come off his line, Perisic was yelling at him to come off today and over the span of the tournament I legit thought Lovren was going to slap him lol
Shocking tbh. Considering he’s probably been the keeper of the tournament.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Can't reason with Hajduk fans in regards to players playing for Dinamo. I wonder what he thinks of Livaja. And to say Petković isn't dominating HNL is just hilarious beyond belief.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Livakovic is by far the best goalkeeper that Croatia ever had.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ

Not sure, but as kova says it's not been an impressive list. I personally would rate Pletikosa and Subasic higher but then again some will claim Hajduk bias (though Livakovic is better than L. Kalinic) :D Pletikosa was solid up until 2014 WC where he was past it I feel. Though in general, Croatian keepers are reluctant to leave their line

Reactions: gary69

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
He's an elite shot stopper. Like, top-10 in the world.
He's dreadful at reading the game and coming out at incoming forwards. He's bad at coming out for crosses and he's really not good with the ball at his feet.

There's a reason he plays at Dinamo at 27, and it's not because clubs in Europe don't wanna buy Croatians cause they hate us.

? Because he saved a few pens? What?
His peak, nor his career, nor his career trajectory don't go anywhere near Subasic. And not better than Ladic at this point either.

I love Livi. He's a very good, thought flawed GK. But the Morocco goal today was an example of how bad he is at reading the game when he has to come of his line.

But saying he's "by far the best GK Croatia ever had", next to a living breathing, silver medal WC, UEC semi-final, Ligue 1 Monaco side winning Subasic.... Now that's silly.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
He's dreadful at reading the game and coming out at incoming forwards. He's bad at coming out for crosses and he's really not good with the ball at his feet.

There's a reason he plays at Dinamo at 27, and it's not because clubs in Europe don't wanna buy Croatians cause they hate us.

His peak, nor his career, nor his career trajectory don't go anywhere near Subasic. And not better than Ladic at this point either.

I love Livi. He's a very good, thought flawed GK. But the Morocco goal today was an example of how bad he is at reading the game when he has to come of his line.

But saying he's "by far the best GK Croatia ever had", next to a living breathing, silver medal WC, UEC semi-final, Ligue 1 Monaco side winning Subasic.... Now that's silly.

Not because he saved some penalties but because he constalty showed elite goaltending. Your argument about Livakovic can be said about Subasic. He had a good tournament in 2018 but Livakovic now have even better showing. And being a goalkeep in Dinamo is nothing to scuff about. Dinamo is a factory of elite talent and they really had some european success.
And Ladic really? We all love this guy because of the achivements in 1998 and he had really crucial saves when needed but he really wasnt a good goalie at all.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

Quite a take to say he just saved a few penalties.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Not because he saved some penalties but because he constalty showed elite goaltending. Your argument about Livakovic can be said about Subasic. He had a good tournament in 2018 but Livakovic now have even better showing. And being a goalkeep in Dinamo is nothing to scuff about. Dinamo is a factory of elite talent and they really had some european success.
And Ladic really? We all love this guy because of the achivements in 1998 and he had really crucial saves when needed but he really wasnt a good goalie at all.
Livi really isn't all that, I'm not sure why you think he is. He's good, very good maybe - but nowhere near what Subasic was.
Again, there's a reason he's at Dinamo at 27, and the only reason he's even playing is because Grbic lost his starting spot at Lille shortly after the Russia game.

Quite a take to say he just saved a few penalties.
Yeah, fair enough, he's had a number of good/great saves, but he's also had some blunders - not all of which resulted in goals, mind you.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON

I’ve always had a soft spot for Ladic because of 98’ and he played fairly well that tournament but he certainly had some calamitous moments during that France 98’ qualifying cycle. Remember this classic..

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If you count Croatians who played for Yugoslavia, how about Vladimir Beara?

Maybe Pletikosa, although I didn't watch his matches in the Russian league. But he had some decent tournaments too.

Pletikosa was a very solid goalkeeper in his day. Somewhere around Hradecky-level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad