GWT: World Cup - Third Place Game - Croatia v. Morocco

Who wins bronze?

• Total voters

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Morocco look like they will put a changed side, as of now Dalic says he will pick the “strongest” team but there are some injury doubts. Kind of hope Dalic puts a young team out there but they are putting big importance in medaling

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Going to be finishing my holiday shopping instead. Have fun kiddos

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Morocco look like they will put a changed side, as of now Dalic says he will pick the “strongest” team but there are some injury doubts. Kind of hope Dalic puts a young team out there but they are putting big importance in medaling
Dalic said he'll pick only players who are "100% ready".

I expect Brozovic won't play, he was barely fit to begin with. I think Lovren might be out and one of Sutalo/Erlic in.
Or both, if Gvardiol isn't fully fit.

So Majer will start in place of Brozovic (just further up the pitch, Kova will play the Broz role), and I expect that Stanisic and Sucic will get some minute (finally).

I know it's "just" a 3rd place play off game, but the boys will want it.
The amount of teams with 3 medals since 1998, our first WC, is currently... One - France.
We would be the 2nd. For a nation of 4 mil, that'd be pretty special. Though 3 semis in 8 WC is special enough already.
And coming home would feel a lot better with a W in their last game.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
18 year old midfielder Bilal El Khannous starting for Morocco today, keep an eye on him. He's been fantastic in his first season at Genk so far. Previously played for Belgian youth teams but has chosen Morocco now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dalic said he'll pick only players who are "100% ready".

I expect Brozovic won't play, he was barely fit to begin with. I think Lovren might be out and one of Sutalo/Erlic in.
Or both, if Gvardiol isn't fully fit.

So Majer will start in place of Brozovic (just further up the pitch, Kova will play the Broz role), and I expect that Stanisic and Sucic will get some minute (finally).

I know it's "just" a 3rd place play off game, but the boys will want it.
The amount of teams with 3 medals since 1998, our first WC, is currently... One - France.
We would be the 2nd
. For a nation of 4 mil, that'd be pretty special. Though 3 semis in 8 WC is special enough already.
And coming home would feel a lot better with a W in their last game.

...Germany won 4 medals between 2002-2014 (Silver, Bronze, Bronze, & Gold)...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad