Who Advances?

• Morocco

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I don't know... I don't ever remember this many upsets and this many giants going down. And it's got nothing to do with Morocco. Like when Germany can't even get out of their group, you've already stunned the world
I agree, other than Qatar everyone showed they belong at this level. When there are no easy outs and lots of upsets it makes the tournament great.

Haha Pepe's interview, what a whiner
He seriously called it an "Argentina referee"???

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Regragui (Morocco's coach) is born in Corbeil-Essonnes.
He managed to become a pro footballer without ever going through an academy (extremely rare feat). He was also a smart student who continued his studies throughout his attempts to break through.
Rudi Garcia noticed him and played him with the first team (amateur). Then his pro career started and he had a solid career for someone not considered talented enough to be a pro.
He then coached in Morocco and slowly grew step by step into a pro manager.

This team is exactly like he is : humble, hard-working and tenacious.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Sadly for me I didn't pay attention that year. I was way more interested in whatever girl I was in class with lmao. I'll take your word for it

Well if it's your experience then I'm not going to take anything away from you, of course, my experience in WC only goes back to 94 so I'm sure other people will find previous iterations more exciting.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Croatia has heart though. Between them and Morocco I couldn't tell you which one has proven to be a bigger pain in the ass to deal with that just out-wills you to death.

It reminds me a lot of 2000's dead puck hockey where your soul is just a slowly squeezed to death

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well if it's your experience then I'm not going to take anything away from you, of course, my experience in WC only goes back to 94 so I'm sure other people will find previous iterations more exciting.
Mine was started in 2006 and kept an eye ever since. I have heard great things about the 80's. Apparently it was GOAT stuff back then

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Well let me see, they conceded on a GK error, they dominated play and Morocco barely did anything but hoove the ball away the last 40 minutes of the match. People like an underdog story and all but if a Poland had played like Morocco people would be whining hardcore about it.

There is zero similarity between how Morocco and Poland play. Morocco's waaaaaaay more structured. Poland was just bleeding chances consistently and not even making an effort to counter.

Honestly, what a blind comparison based on the most superficial viewing.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
There is zero similarity between how Morocco and Poland play. Morocco's waaaaaaay more structured. Poland was just bleeding chances consistently and not even making an effort to counter.

Blind comparison? It's completely apt, if it was an upper midlevel European team parking the bus for a half with one or two counters everyone would be up in arms.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Congratulations to everyone here on this board for scoring as many World Cup knockout goals as Cristiano Ronaldo has in his entire career! I guess that makes all of us all-time greats at the game of Football as well.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Gecklund

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

You're comparing Morocco playing it well vs Poland playing it very poorly in one match (Argentina). Some of us have seen Poland play for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad