Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hoping it’s Morocco, but Portugal wins unless they go back to Ronnie and he torpedoes them

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They beat Spain so you never know.

They're banged up at this point though. If they were at 100%, they'd have a chance but with all the injuries (current and pre-tournament such as Harit), I think they're done. What a tournament though. They still haven't conceded anything but a single OG and blanked Croatia, Belgium and Spain.

member 305909

I don't like Morocco as a country but it's still good to have not only Europeans and South-Americans getting this far.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Marocco will continue to do their thing, and with another maximum effort, they have a chance. But if every Portuguese doesn't have an off day, they have too much individual and attacking quality to pull this through.

Ronaldo should again be stapled to the bench, though.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I don't think Penaldo starts. And you know that he's such a dog he'll be happy if Portugal loses and he doesn't start/score.

Being generous, I would like to think that this is no longer true. He has to now finally realize that he is running out of time and this will be his last WC, amd that he no longer is what he once was,

And has to grudginly accept being happy Portugal winning even if he isn't himself the main contributor any more. He should probably set his sights to being the "Eder" of this team, like that guy was in 2016.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Being generous, I would like to think that this is no longer true. He has to now finally realize that he is running out of time and this will be his last WC, amd that he no longer is what he once was,

And has to grudginly accept being happy Portugal winning even if he isn't himself the main contributor any more. He should probably set his sights to being the "Eder" of this team, like that guy was in 2016.

Have you seen him in the last few months?

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I say this as someone who is as pleased as anybody that Ronaldo got dropped, and I know that defending Ronaldo on here in any way is a cardinal sin. But to actually think he would be happy if Portugal were eliminated just because he didn't play or score is absurd.

Reactions: TheShape

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but maybe he has finally come to his senses after the last match, where Ramos scored a hattrick. Of course you shouldn't bet on it.
I fully expect him to feel mad he doesn't start.

I say this as someone who is as pleased as anybody that Ronaldo got dropped, and I know that defending Ronaldo on here in any way is a cardinal sin. But to actually think he would be happy if Portugal were eliminated just because he didn't play or score is absurd.
Yeah I agree.
I feel he's more mad and focused on being the saviour by scoring a late goal, especially in the final against Messi (where I think he would die to start).

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I have no problem with ronaldo coming off the bench in the 65-70th minute. But he needs to accept that he is no longer the best attacking option for Portugal or ANY top European club. It's too bad his prime was sandwiched right in between two golden generations for Portugal. If ronaldo was prime in both of these teams 100 percent favorites for every tournament.

Reactions: TheShape

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Not a surprise at this point. The team is good enough to carry Ronaldo now, whether he starts or not he is still going to find minutes.

This is going to be a frustrating match, Morocco are physical and will sit deep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad