Who Advances?

• Morocco

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
I doubt the PFF would go for this. I think Conceicao would be great, I'd also be fine with Jardim. Maybe Jorge Jesus is at the age where he'd accept a break from club football?

Mourinho ideally is best suited as a tournament coach, problem is I think he'd be too similar to Santos. Too much attacking talent here and I feel Jose would waste most of it.
Mourinho in his heydey had superb attacking teams.

His Porto teams went to Old Trafford etc and had more possession etc and attacked, Chelsea team set the goals scored record at the time in the EPL when he had them from 04-07. His Inter team was majestic on the counter and wasn't just a defensive bus. Real Madrid from 2010-2012 was the same, solid but absolutely outstanding in attack with the pace and ball movement. Given the players I think he can easily set-up Portugal the same way.

He's not my first choice, that would be Tuchel. After that would be Abel Ferreira, then Jardim/AVB.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Mourinho in his heydey had superb attacking teams.

His Porto teams went to Old Trafford etc and had more possession etc and attacked, Chelsea team set the goals scored record at the time in the EPL when he had them from 04-07. His Inter team was majestic on the counter and wasn't just a defensive bus. Real Madrid from 2010-2012 was the same, solid but absolutely outstanding in attack with the pace and ball movement. Given the players I think he can easily set-up Portugal the same way.

He's not my first choice, that would be Tuchel. After that would be Abel Ferreira, then Jardim/AVB.

Back when Jose was really was "the special one"
I just don't trust him, imagine the guy throwing Bruno Fernandes or feeding another player to the media after a loss?

I think there are better and more modern options for Portugal.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Back when Jose was really was "the special one"
I just don't trust him, imagine the guy throwing Bruno Fernandes or feeding another player to the media after a loss?

I think there are better and more modern options for Portugal.
Ya, like I said I prefer a few other options in front of Mourinho. Come on Abel or Jardim:) if going foreign isn't an option.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Inexcusable at this point not to.

This was a colossal failure, and a golden opportunity lost.

Rumblings already that he will be let go in the next 48 hours, with options being Mourinho as a possible choice if Roma let him manage both. Abel from Brazil, Jardim, or Rui Jorge ( God forbid) as others....I want Conceicao as he's coached dead average Porto teams the last 5 years to championships and CL knockout phases, but he wont leave club soccer.

I'd go with a foreigner honestly: Tuchel, Luis Enrique, Herve Renard, Joaquim Low?

Jogi had been basically retired on the job since 2016, you don't want him. TT would be another overly-pragmatic option that neutered your offensive talent...but his pressing schemes could be very effective with your talent.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
I just don't see young men like Tuchel throwing themselves in international coaching at this stage of their career.

Ancelotti is someone who's tires I would kick.

Last edited:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
This may come back to haunt me but I just can’t see Morocco pulling off another “miracle” tomorrow. Not only is this the best side they have faced so far but they have a depleted line-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad