• Brazil

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm switching my nationality to Argentina there they know how to speak Spanish (bueno) and beat European nations also good

what a joke of a team but can't expect much from a coach like Tite... dude prefers Fred to Fabinho/BG, didn't bring a actual RB backup...

better to lose now than getting embarrassed in the semis like 2014
Sorry man. Feel for you guys. So tough on Marqui too.

Reactions: John Pedro

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Sorry man. Feel for you guys. So tough on Marqui too.
Him and TS are great... Marquinhos still gonna get another WC, TS gonna go down as "loser" for the NT.

can't say the same about Alisson... this dude can't make a save. Same thing against Belgium last WC. One shot on goal, goal. As a Devils fan I'm used to bad goaltenders, though

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
true but it's hard enough watching Richarlison as your nine I don't wanna put down with watching Ferran Torres and Asensio

Ouch :laugh:

One thing I will give Tite is I liked the starting lineup he ended up running with, even if the way he had them attacking and pressing was stale.

Playing another creative midfielder with Neymar and Casemiro was the right decision IMO and I hope your next coach doesn't opt for a more pragmatic lineup...even though with Fabinho & BG, you certainly have quality options to play the double-6 next to Casemiro.

I'm firmly in 'the lean into your strengths' camp at the international level. At the club level, cohesion and versatility can consistently win for you, but at the international level you need to work with what you've got more.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Ouch :laugh:

One thing I will give Tite is I liked the starting lineup he ended up running with, even if the way he had them attacking and pressing was stale.

Playing another creative midfielder with Neymar and Casemiro was the right decision IMO and I hope your next coach doesn't opt for a more pragmatic lineup...even though with Fabinho & BG, you certainly have quality options to play the double-6 next to Casemiro.

I'm firmly in 'the lean into your strengths' camp at the international level. At the club level, cohesion and versatility can consistently win for you, but at the international level you need to work with what you've got more.

early rumors it's gonna be Mano Menezes

another southside coach, same shit as Tite. CBF is a joke. I wish we would name Fernando Diniz. He doesn't try to play positional, but rather a more free roaming game, bring as much guys as possible around the ball, his build up is pretty aggressive and his goalie needs to be very good on the ball, he's like our Bielsa. He sure is the only coach that really understand our culture

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
early rumors it's gonna be Mano Menezes

another southside coach, same shit as Tite. CBF is a joke. I wish we would name Fernando Diniz. He doesn't try to play positional, but rather a more free roaming game, bring as much guys as possible around the ball, his build up is pretty aggressive and his goalie needs to be very good on the ball, he's like our Bielsa. He sure is the only coach that really understand our culture

But would a creative coach like Diniz have the time with his players to get a NT to actually play his style effectively?

I'd rather have Nagelsmann at Bayern than the NT, even though I think our talent pool is crying out for a Nagelsmann style lineup...as I don't think he could implement his style fully with the NT, and would benefit us more by working week-in & week-out with as many NTers as possible in Bavaria.

People hate so much on him.

With how many footballers are genuinely shitty people, it really sucks when a sweetheart like Neymar gets targetted.

The guy is basically just an over-excited puppy.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Would a creative coach like that have the time with his players to get a NT to actually play his style effectively?

I'd rather have Nagelsmann at Bayern than the NT, even though I think our talent pool is crying out for a Nagelsmann style lineup...as I don't think he could implement his style fully with the NT, and would benefit us more by working week-in & week-out with as many NTers as possible in Bavaria.

that's a great point but these pragmatic coaches aren't working either, so I'd take a chance with a more aggressive one. That or a European like Abel Ferreira. Ancellotti would be perfect, but that's almost impossible.

Sampaoli showed it's possible to implement a more creative style in a NT that didn't have close to our talent level when he was at Chile.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
that's a great point but these pragmatic coaches aren't working either, so I'd take a chance with a more aggressive one. That or a European like Abel Ferreira. Ancellotti would be perfect, but that's almost impossible.

Sampaoli showed it's possible to implement a more creative style in a NT that didn't have close to our talent level when he was at Chile.

That's fair and I'd love to see it work for you...so that our FA can see that it would be worth giving Nagelsmann or Klopp the hard-sell, at some point.

Though I think Chile's lack of depth weirdly helped them learn that Bielsa/Sampaoli style; as they kept working with the same core of players, despite their form waxing and waning, to establish that cohesion.

Whereas for a nation with the options you guys have, or that we have, those core guys wouldn't have had as much time together because they'd be getting rotated out more often when their form slipped and/or someone else's form rose.

Hopefully Menezes is a Flick for you if he's the guy; someone who comes from that same stale setup, but who brings an energy and freshness that his predecessor couldn't, despite keeping a similar general style...though I too would be much more interested to see how you did with someone like this Diniz character.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
That's fair and I'd love to see it work for you...so that maybe our NT can get Nagelsmann or Klopp to take them up a level, at some point.

Though I think Chile's lack of depth weirdly helped them because they kept working with the same core of players, despite their form waxing and waning, to establish that cohesion.

Whereas for a nation with the options you guys have, or that we have, those core guys wouldn't have had as much time together because they'd be getting rotated out more often when their form slipped and/or someone else's form rose.

Hopefully Menezes is a Flick for you if he's the guy; someone who comes from that same stale setup, but who brings an energy and freshness that his predecessor couldn't, despite keeping a similar general style...though I too would be much more interested to see how you did with someone like this Diniz character.
Mano Menezes is a dull coach

his teams are boring as f***, he plays to win 1 nill or half nill. Best scenario is he'll get Brazil to play like France did last WC. Really solid defense with good counter attack.

Actually, would love Sampaoli as our next coach. The media loves him, the fans loves him and he loves the country so would be a nice match.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

his teams are boring as f***, he plays to win 1 nill or half nill. Best scenario is he'll get Brazil to play like France did last WC. Really solid defense with good counter attack.

Actually, would love Sampaoli as our next coach. The media loves him, the fans loves him and he loves the country so would be a nice match.

Oh that would suck, yeah f*** that lol. Sampaoli or Diniz sounds a lot better :laugh:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
WTF was Tite thinking playing Casemiro alone against that midfield 3 from Croatia, one of the strongest in the world. Paqueta is under average defending and Neymar doesn't defend.

Reactions: gary69

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
WTF was Tite thinking playing Casemiro alone against that midfield 3 from Croatia, one of the strongest in the world. Paqueta is under average defending and Neymar doesn't defend.
I am shocked Bruno G didn’t get any burn

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Sampa? Your funeral loool

• Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad