GWT: World Cup Final - Argentina v. France

Who will be the 2022 World Cup Champion?

• Total voters

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Well done video even though its the BBC

The BBC commentary was excellent and that was Guy Mowbray and Zabaleta was in the studio getting rather emotional understandably.

Mowbray is the best commentator with the BBC along with Steve Wilson. He also referenced Alejandro Sabella looking from down above and his untimely passing just over two years ago.

It's a superb montage. One I'll be playing many times over and over. Emotional stuff.

It's totally fallen by the wayside and not come up here, but Coman and Tchouameni have been getting racist abuse online for the penalty shootout.

There has also been abuse of Lloris from the other divide in France with him being called a white piece of shit and dirty white. Intimating he deliberately sabotaged the team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Thanks bro. Honestly it was hard picking one. I wanted to get all of the players in or at least Kun carrying Messi in that pic. But just fell in love with this one. SUch a great photo that will live for generations
It will become the photo that transcends this era of football

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
other continents didn't break out calipers
I'm not sure what you mean, but my country (America) has an appalling history of racial injustice that still continues to this day, and it's often driven by people with no recent connections to Europe at all.

Some people express racism in an overt way, some in a subtle way. Both are bad. I've lived in cities where non-Hispanic whites are the extreme minority and racism against blacks and other Latin ethnicities was overwhelming in parts.

Europe has a lot of work to do, and so does...well, the entire world. If you look at the racial history of East Asia you might be surprised.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
it's also worth bringing in that Argentina is one of the whitest countries in the world due to a very particular history of racist immigration policy and indigenous ethnic cleansing

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
how the hell did that dude even get on the field?

Him trying to get a pic with Messi is right up there with Infantino not letting go of Messi and the trophy for the cringiest moments of the final

Lol he probably threw some gold flakes at Infantino. Problem solved!

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I'm not sure what you mean, but my country (America) has an appalling history of racial injustice that still continues to this day, and it's often driven by people with no recent connections to Europe at all.

Some people express racism in an overt way, some in a subtle way. Both are bad. I've lived in cities where non-Hispanic whites are the extreme minority and racism against blacks and other Latin ethnicities was overwhelming in parts.

Europe has a lot of work to do, and so does...well, the entire world. If you look at the racial history of East Asia you might be surprised.
that's on Whiteness and who gets to be in the tent. that shit is everchanging

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The US started as a European settler colony but has since evolved into something else (in the last 60 years) is what i'm saying and a good chunk of it is due to class interests. Europe is a whole diff mess
Thanks for clarifying.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So what was the point of Martinez doing this?

He's a straight up dumbass that's why. Like I said after some of the games here, most of the players are really overgrown manchildren. Only 1 out of every 4 or so seem to have the maturity that you think they should have. If the roles were reversed Grizz would probably grab his balls just the same. I don't get it tbh.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's a straight up dumbass that's why. Like I said after some of the games here, most of the players are really overgrown manchildren. Only 1 out of every 4 or so seem to have the maturity that you think they should have. If the roles were reversed Grizz would probably grab his balls just the same. I don't get it tbh.
I mean it’s not like he did black face. He’s drunk out of his mind. Having fun, y’all must be great at parties offended over eveything lol

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Might have to adjust that percentage for this Argentinian team.

But at least he didn’t do black face.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
A couple of things I forgot to mention from yesterday:

—Initially everyone was celebrating and on the ground and/or crying, etc. Very quickly though Messi was walking around the pitch and waving to the Argentina supporters with a massive smile on his face. I didn’t see him the entire time, but I didn’t see him crying once. Anyway, I just thought it was cool that while his teammates were still celebrating he was appreciating the supporters.
—Somebody else mentioned it somewhere today, and my apologies for not remembering who or being arsed to find it, but the whole business of Messi getting the trophy and then getting to his teammates was ridiculous from Infantino not giving him the trophy to having to wear whatever was put on him.

He shed a few tears when he leaft the center pitch area going towards those suporters, but it didn't last long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad