GWT: World Cup Final - Argentina v. France

Who will be the 2022 World Cup Champion?

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Feels like that lockerroom should have a stronger voice than a 24yo...
Not really sure what age has to do with it. Especially with someone who has the experience Mbappe does.

Even then Varane had a speech during the game against Morocco. So it seems there’s multiple guys capable of being leaders.

member 305909

People who jump into fountains or climb some highly charged electric poles or do some other similar stuff because they are so happy are just morons. Darwin award-candidates.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
—Somebody else mentioned it somewhere today, and my apologies for not remembering who or being arsed to find it, but the whole business of Messi getting the trophy and then getting to his teammates was ridiculous from Infantino not giving him the trophy to having to wear whatever was put on him.
He was wearing a Bisht - which is a gown worn by the elite, royals, and rich of the Arab world.

Definitely a last ditch sport-washing effort from Qatar. They are forever linked to Messi and Argentina's triumph.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Attachments

• 1671673501831.png
    1671673501831.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 2

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Yup, more NT trophies than brain cells .. cry more.

Meh, I'm not too worried about it, but thanks for the concern. France has been to 4 WCFs in my lifetime and won 2 of them, and our best player just turned 24.

Mbappé lives rent free in that clown's head, there's not much else to say about it. You wouldn't see Lloris conduct himself like this, that's for sure.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Meh, I'm not too worried about it, but thanks for the concern. France has been to 4 WCFs in my lifetime and won 2 of them, and our best player just turned 24.

Mbappé lives rent free in that clown's head, there's not much else to say about it. You wouldn't see Lloris conduct himself like this, that's for sure.
Ya I’m sure he’s losing sleep knowing Mpabbe scored a couple of penalties lol…

He would first need to save a penalty

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
I mean it’s not like he did black face. He’s drunk out of his mind. Having fun, y’all must be great at parties offended over eveything lol
Nothing said after the Germans in 2014 were mocking with gaucho stereotypes. Mbappe throwing rhe ball away from.opponenrs or knocking them over. Mbappe had been great. Great at uniting CONMEBOL and providing motivation to La Seleccion.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I guess he was too busy worrying about Benzema.

member 305909

When you consider that Argentina has been through very tough economic times and that has lasted for years now you kind of prefer them winning the WC and give some pleasure in life for their people especially as in Argentina football is a much bigger deal than in France.

Argentina is a good warning to today's rich countries that being a rich country may not be an everlasting thing. Argentina used to be one of the richest countries in the world but it has collapsed.

Bad politics leads to economic downturn.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
When you consider that Argentina has been through very tough economic times and that has lasted for years now you kind of prefer them winning the WC and give some pleasure in life for their people especially as in Argentina football is a much bigger deal than in France.

Argentina is a good warning to today's rich countries that being a rich country may not be an everlasting thing. Argentina used to be one of the richest countries in the world but it has collapsed.

Just go to YouTube and see some of the fan reaction videos from Argentina. Plenty of grown men crying.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Yeah but winning the World Cup doesn't really do much in this regard. After a week you start forgetting and then you're still where you were before the World Cup. It's just a sporting event, and fans - including myself - invest way too much into it emotionally. Looking back at the 3 major trophies we won in my lifetime, I don't think any of them made a difference in my life or society.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dont think anyone expects sports to wash away their problems or provide them a better life lol... what its for is to provide a brief moment of happiness and ideally make you forget about the troubles of life for 90 minutes. No different that watching a film, playing a video game or spending time with loved ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad