World Cup Discussion

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Kane was a ****ing ghost and he was the only offensive threat on the team. Too bad there aren't two offensive studs named Kessel and Johnson sitting at home watching team USA get dismantled by everyone they played.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm not surprised that Stamkos is being outshined by all the true elites on Team Canada but man I'd really like for him to actually perform. In most cases I wouldn't use a short tournament to judge a player but after all the signing drama and the big paycheck and injury concerns I expect Stamkos to look a hell of a lot better than he does. When main board posters are calling him the worst player on the team...:help:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not surprised that Stamkos is being outshined by all the true elites on Team Canada but man I'd really like for him to actually perform. In most cases I wouldn't use a short tournament to judge a player but after all the signing drama and the big paycheck and injury concerns I expect Stamkos to look a hell of a lot better than he does. When main board posters are calling him the worst player on the team...:help:

I think he is saving it for the Lightning season. I think it is too soon to be concerned. When you are an offensive skilled forward like Stamkos, surrounded by all that talent sometimes you take a back seat.

Going back to Team USA, People blame the grit players for the loss, those guys showed the most heart, imo. The skilled players, especially Kane, Parise, and Pacioretty, were a disappearing act. That is why USA lost, not because of the Grit guys doing their thing.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think he is saving it for the Lightning season. I think it is too soon to be concerned. When you are an offensive skilled forward like Stamkos, surrounded by all that talent sometimes you take a back seat.

Going back to Team USA, People blame the grit players for the loss, those guys showed the most heart, imo. The skilled players, especially Kane, Parise, and Pacioretty, were a disappearing act. That is why USA lost, not because of the Grit guys doing their thing.

I think Stamkos will be fine. Don't ever expect him to get back to pre leg injury Stamkos but I think with some chemistry with Drouin he will get opportunities and as a good finisher Stamkos will score goals.

I don't have a problem with "grit" but when that's all you have on a team it's a lot to put on the few skill players to be the guys. Stop those few guys who is going to step up? You have Tyler Johnson, Kessel and Bobby Ryan sitting at home. These are difference makers who can score goals and take pressure off of guys like Kane and Parise.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I agree with you all on the team USA picks, it was just so weird, not only that they didn’t pick forwards like Kessel, T. Johnson, Ryan and Okposo but also a lot of much better defensemen than the once they picked like Yandle, Faulk, Shattenkirk and Fowler, just odd choices all together.

I do like the future of Team USA though, with the players on TNA that will be coming up if they get a staff with a different mentality that they will be much better in upcoming tournaments.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Team NA is so much fun to watch. It kinda sucks that Matthews looks this good already, though. Don't want the Leafs to be good yet, lol.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
After watching that 3 on 3 OT with North America vs. Sweden, can we please start the regular season.

Holy Schnikes that was awesome!:yo::handclap:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
God I hope Russia loses tomorrow soooo badly. TNA vs CAD would be amazing. Plus it sends our boy Kuch home early to get that contract signed!!!

Stamkos has been alright the past two games, he’s getting his chances at least and is putting the effort in. Stamkos is the type of player to get 1 and then they all start coming in bunches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad