World Cup Discussion

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Welp.

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 12m12 minutes ago
#tblightning Drouin not hurt. McLellan said he shortened bench, that Drouin had hard time getting pucks at net. "He'll be better next game"

At least it wasn't Coop.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Benching Drouin was stupid, he wasn't even bad, let alone benching Larkin with him while keeping Eichel in the game.

Horrible coaching cost this game. How do you do you have a 5 on 3 in the last 10 mins and a 5 on 4 in the last minute and still not get the equalizer. NA died after dominating the first period.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Benching Drouin was stupid, he wasn't even bad, let alone benching Larkin with him while keeping Eichel in the game.

Horrible coaching cost this game. How do you do you have a 5 on 3 in the last 10 mins and a 5 on 4 in the last minute and still not get the equalizer. NA died after dominating the first period.

Only playing 2 lines on a back to back will do that. Bad coaching. #FreeDrouin

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
At the very least it taught Drouin that plenty of coaches are dumbasses and it's not just mean ol' Cooper and the Lightning hating on him.

Very exciting game overall, though!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

I'll agree he shouldn't of been benched, only because the same standard wasn't held for others. That being said, he was bad. I jokingly said to my friend he that he was going to get benched if he kept playing this way. Didn't actually think it would happen though.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I'll agree he shouldn't of been benched, only because the same standard wasn't held for others. That being said, he was bad. I jokingly said to my friend he that he was going to get benched if he kept playing this way. Didn't actually think it would happen though.

Besides getting wrecked in the neutral zone, btw was that Kuch who hit him? I didn't see anything to indicate bad play.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Besides getting wrecked in the neutral zone, btw was that Kuch who hit him? I didn't see anything to indicate bad play.

He had some unforced turnovers, one of which was pretty facepalm worthy. He was just kind of floating around, looked disinterested, no hustle at all. If there's one thing you have to be in these games, it's intense. I think we'll see Game 1 vs Detroit Drouin next game.

I thought it was Emelin? Not sure.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Stralman scores from point blank range to put Sweden up 1-0! World Cup of Bolts continues! :D

Wonder if a fight will break out between our Finnish and Swedish fans...

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Don’t low bridge Hedman like that you *******s. Komerov you dirty piece of crap

EDIT: Hedmans alright, but got up very slowly very slow to the bench. Seems alright tho. Thank god. Thats the last thing we need is Hedmonster getting hurt

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Team USA was built wrong. Gotta stop focusing on building the team that will beat Canada and just build your best possible roster.

Also Quick is mediocre. He's the 3rd best goalie on this team.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Don’t want Bishop to play. Don’t want him getting hurt. Keep Quick in for all I care. Go Canada!

I'm with you. I also don't want him in because I don't want anyone to blame him for the loss, better to just keep this up.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Cs1s7lzUMAA5kRR.jpg

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
TBF I can't "get it up" for international tourneys. I can't hate players and then switch it off just because they're wearing a USA jersey.

If you ever see me cheering for Abdelkader when it doesn't directly benefit the Lightning in some way, I am on drugs and I need help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad