World Cup Discussion

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
So now we know that Cooper, Drouin (TNA), Filppula (FIN), Palat, Sustr (CZE) and Bishop (USA) will be returning to training camp and pre-season, will probably get some time off but they might be there for Fan fest on Sunday.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
So North America loses 1 freaking game and they're out......dumb. Although i'm actually fine with this, we need everyone ready for pre season.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
So North America loses 1 freaking game and they're out......dumb. Although i'm actually fine with this, we need everyone ready for pre season.

Not only that but if they were to beat Sweden in regulation then they would have been in and Sweden would have been out (with Russia winning tonight), that was the weird part about the WCH unlike the olympics or the wc.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
lol Bishop just let 4 goals in to the Czech Republic and people said Quick was bad, the team was just built completely wrong.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
lol Bishop just let 4 goals in to the Czech Republic and people said Quick was bad, the team was just built completely wrong.

They averaged close to 4.0 goals against in the entire 3 game tournament. Scoring was not the only issue. The last two USA teams at least had a chance, and even won a medal, this team was patethic up and down the lineup, and don't think adding Kessel and/or Johnson would of been enough. Still gave up all those goals.

Oh well, bring on the NHL season!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Torts is coaching like it's the Dead Puck Era and to the surprise of no one, the team that played like it was 2016 beat the hell out of them. USA needs to go back to the drawing board and find ONE guy who is gonna get the job done. For all the crap I give Brian Burke he assembled the perfect team even though they won silver. It was a perfect storm of skill, grit, passion and guys named Ryan.

I really hope the NHL and Olympic Committee can come up with some kind of agreement on travel and compensation so we can see the likes of Matthews, Eichel, Gaudreau and Jones take the ice. If there's any better counter to the likes of McDavid, Crosby and Stamkos I don't know what it is.... you can fight fire with fire and succeed sometimes. If I had to pick something else I would say team Sweden's defense and goaltending is more than capable of handling whatever offense Canada could throw their way.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
They averaged close to 4.0 goals against in the entire 3 game tournament. Scoring was not the only issue. The last two USA teams at least had a chance, and even won a medal, this team was patethic up and down the lineup, and don't think adding Kessel and/or Johnson would of been enough. Still gave up all those goals.

Oh well, bring on the NHL season!

You sound surprised man. Torts tried to get all his boys and throw Rangers sorority party. McDonough, Dubinsky, Stepan, hell if it weren't for Callahan being hurt you know full and well he would've been part of that debacle too. This team was nothing more than a vicarious extension of his pride.

And don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of Torts but he needs to learn how to adjust or this WILL be his last head coaching job in the NHL.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You sound surprised man. Torts tried to get all his boys and throw Rangers sorority party. McDonough, Dubinsky, Stepan, hell if it weren't for Callahan being hurt you know full and well he would've been part of that debacle too. This team was nothing more than a vicarious extension of his pride.

And don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of Torts but he needs to learn how to adjust or this WILL be his last head coaching job in the NHL.

As much of a Callahan supporter I am don't think he would of made a difference, neither would one of Johnson or Kessel. It was doomed from the start. Just glad guys like Cally and Johnson were not a part of that putrid trainwreck.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Wouldn't be surprised if Cooper gets handed the job down the line ... he plays 2016 hockey and gets results everywhere he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad