OT: World Cup 2022

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Eustaquio isn't long for Porto imo, he's fantastic and will join a top 4 league soon imo.

The half was ours for the taking but poor finishing and we are down 1. Great save by their keeper on the PK but felt Davies telegraphed where he was going with it a bit too much.

Yeah it wasn't a great penalty. I agree with the halftime panel it should've been David - Davies doesn't play in a goal scoring role for Bayern and he's not the best pure scoring threat Canada has.

If there is any hope, the two upsets both had Argentina and Germany leading 1-0 at half time. Canada looks far more dangerous but I expect Belgium to fix up what has been some very slow play from them. Carrasco in particular is getting eaten alive in the back.

Reactions: Finnflash

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
yes that's my worry................watching the tsn commentary lots of complaints about the reffing.....should have had another penalty shot for sure

Our guy went down pretty easy in the box, it takes way more then that for a penalty.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Our guy went down pretty easy in the box, it takes way more then that for a penalty.

He stepped on his foot but I think Lareya put his leg in that position to get stepped on.

David playing too timid.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada is good...

Belgium... what... #2 rated in this tournament... ?

This is an eye opener for the rest of the World...

Saudi Arabia played chicken with a clearly more talented side... and won...

Japan made the most of their chances and worked harder than the Germans... and won...

Canada is showing something else...

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The sport is an embarrassment! Most of the guys would do well in the WWE if they were bigger than 150 lbs!

Atta' boy Sip'...

:laugh:

Belgian's are tired...

If they were a Turtle... we would see no head... no legs... and no tail...

I hope Canada can keep their energy up and keep pressing...

They can do this...

Reactions: sipowicz

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I like how the Belgian player is acting in pain as he is in the air as Davies tackled his apparently "damaged" foot...

Said Belgian player breaks his fall with the same foot flawlessly...

Yellow card for Davies... :laugh:

:laugh: All these orgasms... as they fall... with little to no contact...

Nothing like slo mo to make you look like the Ahole you are...

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Regardless of result this is showing that Canada isn't intimidated in the least. Playing one of the very top teams in the world this well should keep the confidence levels up!

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Nerves in the opening game for the front 4... nothing more...

They can finish...

All of them are exceptional in Europe...
I agree don't get me wrong they are showing very well against the number two ranked team.................just sucks we didn't score on so many chances

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Screw moral victories. That game was there for the taking, and Canada left it on the table.

Agreed, when you play like that you need results and it was definitely there for the taking.

Some absolutely awful finishing by the team. You have that many chances you need to do better with them.

Edit: I also have no idea how Belgium is the 2nd ranked team with what they showed today. They look to have one elite player and a bunch of ones that look very meh for a supposed powerhouse.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Agreed, when you ay like that you need results and it was definitely their for the taking.

Some absolutely awful finishing by the team. You have that many chances you need to do better with them.
No doubt Canada had the better chances but no "Finnish"!

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
The sport is an embarrassment! Most of the guys would do well in the WWE if they were bigger than 150 lbs!

Atta' boy Sip'...

:laugh:

Belgian's are tired...

If they were a Turtle... we would see no head... no legs... and no tail...

I hope Canada can keep their energy up and keep pressing...

They can do this...

The Belgian's are related to the Dutch ............................................ :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad