OT: World Cup 2022

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Spain is really, really good. They are super patient in the box, and creative with crosses.

Edit: 4-0 Spain over hapless Costa Rica

For as magical as CR's run to qualify was, it was mostly smoke and mirrors IMO. From what I watched, i though6 Panama was a better side, but CR just leaned on veteran experience to get the job done.

Not sure if that'll come thru at a WC.

Reactions: kanadalainen

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Japan go in front of the Germans late, could this be another shocker

Japan rated 21 in the world and Germany was a tier 2 lot ball team this year. Too say it's a shocker is something I disagree with

Saudi winning was a shocker nothing else so far for me

If Canada wins than that will be surprise number 2

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Japan rated 21 in the world and Germany was a tier 2 lot ball team this year. Too say it's a shocker is something I disagree with

Saudi winning was a shocker nothing else so far for me

If Canada wins than that will be surprise number 2
Japan was dominated in the 1st half and the German 2nd goal was off side. Japan’ s winning goal should never go in on a world class goalie like Nuier

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I just love watching Spain play. The precision passing and ball possesion they use to break teams down is real fun to watch.

Yeah Spain are one of the top technical teams in the world atm, along with the Dutch and (sometimes) Belgium. France too, increasingly.

The issue with them for a while has been concerting that midfield magic into goals while maintaining that suffocating possession game, but when they have it all going they are a marvellous watch.

Def one of my top picks to make the semis, but France has such a blend of technique and individual brilliance on and off the ball that they should be very dangerous barring a red mist meltdown (Je me souviens, ZiZou...)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah Spain are one of the top technical teams in the world atm, along with the Dutch and (sometimes) Belgium. France too, increasingly.

The issue with them for a while has been concerting that midfield magic into goals while maintaining that suffocating possession game, but when they have it all going they are a marvellous watch.

Yeah, they had a bit of a dry spell in terms of world class strikers and midfield general that could play that final ball, but it seems they now have a very potent offense especially with those two exceptionally talented teens driving their midfield.

Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 12.47.50 PM.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, St. George has arrived in Doha.

Reactions: John Agar

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Of course they get one shot and it's finished clinically.. this highlights the difference in the teams. We get a bunch of chances and just do a poor job with our final touches/shots and then bam....

Reactions: SCP Guy

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Of course they get one shot and it's finished clinically.. this highlights the difference in the teams. We get a bunch of chances and just do a poor job with our final touches/shots and then bam....

Also the defender was beat far too easily.

Reactions: surixon

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Damn we should have had a goal with some of our chances. Feel we are holding our own and even carried the play at times.
I so wanted to witness history with Davies nailing the PK

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Eustaquio isn't long for Porto imo, he's fantastic and will join a top 4 league soon imo.

The half was ours for the taking but poor finishing and we are down 1. Great save by their keeper on the PK but felt Davies telegraphed where he was going with it a bit too much.

Reactions: tbcwpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad