World Championship 2016

Danmark

May 5, 2014
Mikkel Bødker has opted out of this year's IHWC.

Nicklas Jensen looks like the best opportunity for more NA placed players.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Surprised Jannik is willing considering he's just had some problems with his ribs I think on to long ago. Thought he'd might opt out. Well now it's almost a sure thing that he'll get injured Saturday at the latest :D

Don't expect to see Frans after a PO-series but I'll be happy to be wrong.

Line-up for the first game vs. Latvia

Dahm in net, Galbraith on bench

Jesper B. Jensen-Martin Larsen
Matias Lassen-Philip Bruggisser
Nicolai Weichel-Emil Kristensen
Rasmus Lyø

Frederik Storm-Morten Madsen-Patrick Bjørkstrand
Kiril Starkov-Morten Green-Jannik Karvinen
Mathias From-Anders H. Poulsen-Morten H. Poulsen
Patrick Russell-Mikkel Aagaard-Nicolai Meyer
Felix Scheel

Looking at that D on don't get why they bother...

Hansen has been quite committed to the national team...so nice to see him go despite the recent injury.

Im also not really expecting Fransie...But i think he would be jumping at the chance to go if given the chance.

Just for the record. They lost the first game to Latvia 6-4

1-1 Morten H. Poulsen(E. Kristensen, M. From)
2-2 Mathias From(M. Madsen, P. Bjørkstrand)
3-4 Mikkel Aagaard(J. Karvinen, N. Meyer)
4-4 Morten Madsen

I dont care about the results of these test games really...But its nice to see two of the youngsters get goals...

Hopes From makes the team.

So will be exciting who of

Bødker, Eller, Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hansen and Jensen will come.

That's our 1. and 2. line. And if Nielsen gets knocked out with Islanders things could look bright.

What do you think? Who will come?

I think Hansen, Bjorkstrand and Bødker.

And hope for the rest.

I will be crossing every finger that Bjorkstrand goes out of the playoff and comes...Im sure he will go. Kid is just a stand up guy in every way and i think he played well last year.

Would really love to see him play on a line with Ehlers again...They had so much chemistry at the world juniors. I know its tempting to just go with a 1st line of Eller and Ehlers/Hansen on each wing but I think it could be good to spread it around a bit and use the previous familiarity of those two.

And btw, Oliver Lauridsen is playing very good in the playoffs.

I been hearing that he is having a great season in general, especially after he got some time to adjust. I just love this kid.

Its so great to see how he continues to improve, and while i know he will never contribute offensively to any real degree, there is no doubt that he is extremely important for our team. That physical presence and his calm decision making is a treat when you dont have a lot of depth in the defensive zone...

I loved that he rose to the challenge of the SHL with such success.

There are a lot of his type of player that doesnt do well with that kind of hockey.

Re: Nicklas Jensen. Hartford needs to make up four points in four games. Btw didn't wanna jinx it but Nicklas Jensens stat line has been improving through the season. It's as a black ace he's a question mark IMO. Every projection on the Rangers board includes him as one of four forwards btw.

Re: Goalies. Can't Karlsson leave a spot open and let George Sørensen go with the team without signing him in?

The blue line has improved. Markus Lauridsen, Mads Bødker and Stefan Lassen has joined the team at the expense of Phillip Bruggiser and Rasmus Lyø - leaving the team with one right handed D(Emil Kristensen). I'm baffled that Nicolai Weichel and Martin Larsen are still there but Oliver Lauridsen, Daniel Nielsen and perhaps Nicholas B. Jensen or Philip Larsen(According to Jimmy Bøjgaard no official decline yet) is still possible additions.

Up front Anders Poulsen's had an injury, and Nicolai Meyer has been dropped. Instead Mathias Bau Hansen and Thomas Spelling has joined the roster. That's leaving us with three centers(Starkov, Green and Aagaard) and Morten Madsen. Mads Christensen's properly on his way when he's done winning the DEL. Lars Eller would be crucial. And Jannik Hansen and/or Mikkel Bødker would be nice to. I'm not hinging any hope to early exit additions. Those guys are usually injured or plain tired come their PO exit.

EDIT: Second game vs Latvia ended 3-4. Danish goals by Jannik Karvinen(Lyø, Green), Frederik Storm(From, Bjørkstrand), Patrick Bjørkstrand(Lassen, Meyer). Denmark was up 1-0 and 3-2.

Would be good if jensen arrives, and its nice to see him having a decent end to the season at his new club but I dont think he is this much of an improvement over others.

Eller joins the team!

Jannik Hansen confirmed! - Eller is not confirmed.

Ehleeeeers baby!

So good with three of the NAs!

Have a feeling he is gonna opt out...

Boedker has a good excuse i think...This is the most important contract of his career.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hansen has been quite committed to the national team...so nice to see him go despite the recent injury.

Im also not really expecting Fransie...But i think he would be jumping at the chance to go if given the chance.

I dont care about the results of these test games really...But its nice to see two of the youngsters get goals...

Hopes From makes the team.

I will be crossing every finger that Bjorkstrand goes out of the playoff and comes...Im sure he will go. Kid is just a stand up guy in every way and i think he played well last year.

Would really love to see him play on a line with Ehlers again...They had so much chemistry at the world juniors. I know its tempting to just go with a 1st line of Eller and Ehlers/Hansen on each wing but I think it could be good to spread it around a bit and use the previous familiarity of those two.

I been hearing that he is having a great season in general, especially after he got some time to adjust. I just love this kid.

Its so great to see how he continues to improve, and while i know he will never contribute offensively to any real degree, there is no doubt that he is extremely important for our team. That physical presence and his calm decision making is a treat when you dont have a lot of depth in the defensive zone...

I loved that he rose to the challenge of the SHL with such success.

There are a lot of his type of player that doesnt do well with that kind of hockey.

Would be good if jensen arrives, and its nice to see him having a decent end to the season at his new club but I dont think he is this much of an improvement over others.

So good with three of the NAs!

Boedker has a good excuse i think...This is the most important contract of his career.

I, respectfully, disagree..

I think this agent of Boedkers is a moron - Both in how he advises Boedker, and it seems he is overestimating Boedker just a tad.

Figthing for a contract, even a contract Boedker is suspected to want, youd think he would want to show himself off, because I dont think the clubs are lining up to get him.

I find his excuse lame tbh.

But, the choice is his to make, and no one else. And since Boedker is usually up for it, no hard feelings from here..

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Jensen is out of AHL-playoff.
Will he join Rangers? They are trailing 1-0 to Penguins.

Islanders is tied 1-1 with Florida. (Nielsen)

Anaheim lost to Predators with Gibson. Gives us hope that Andersen can join.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Figthing for a contract, even a contract Boedker is suspected to want, youd think he would want to show himself off, because I dont think the clubs are lining up to get him.

Teams won't pay that much attention to WC performance, when they have solid data of him for many reason.

I hope he will sign with Avs. Perfect team for him style wise. Scored pretty well without Duchene or MacKinnon.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Teams won't pay that much attention to WC performance, when they have solid data of him for many reason.

I hope he will sign with Avs. Perfect team for him style wise. Scored pretty well without Duchene or MacKinnon.

I actually dont want to bet on where he ends up, as I haven't the slightest idea.

He is a headscracther imo.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Two wins over France... 5-2 and 2-1

Bau Hansen: 1G, 4A
Spelling: 2G, 1A
Emil Kristensen: 1G
Karvinen: 1G
Matias Lassen: 1G
Aagaard: 1G, 1A
Jesper B. Jensen: 1A
Green: 1A
Starkov: 1A
Storm: 1A

Galbraith 23/25
Dahm: 16/17

Markus Lauridsen is mending some form of injury.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Rangers' only recalled Raphael Diaz... Not sure what to make of it because surely they'll call up more?

Felix Scheel's been dumped at the arrival of Nikolaj Ehlers.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I think maybe because there is already hockey on the schedule that day...

Cant wait...so nice he is joining straight away!

Not anymore since Esbjerg won:handclap:

maybe they will make room for the Denamrk game, am at work, and want to watch. We have a big tv in the lab.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

maybe they will make room for the Denamrk game, am at work, and want to watch. We have a big tv in the lab.

Ohh sure...."Work", and The "Lab"....I get you Nucks....Dont worry, we wont tell

no-youre-wrong_o_1187796.jpg

Ohhh i really hope this happens! COME ON TV2!

Somebody should go to Odense(Isnt that where TV2 sporten is?) and picking or something.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

C'mon guys... We all know that there's some 4th round qualification game in badminton that cannot be missed because the winner might be one going up against the one, that some Dane goes up against if he wins two more games. THAT could be the game that puts him in the final for "Tai Ni Po Ni Open." And then he'll be ready to play at tournaments with other players that have won third tier tournaments.

It's like you're not paying attention at all...

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
C'mon guys... We all know that there's some 4th round qualification game in badminton that cannot be missed because the winner might be one going up against the one, that some Dane goes up against if he wins two more games. THAT could be the game that puts him in the final for "Tai Ni Po Ni Open." And then he'll be ready to play at tournaments with other players that have won third tier tournaments.

:lol::laugh::laugh::laugh:

you are right....i was being selfish here...

They are showing handball which we knows would have taken precedence over even the biggest national emergency....God i hate this country

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ohh sure...."Work", and The "Lab"....I get you Nucks....Dont worry, we wont tell

no-youre-wrong_o_1187796.jpg

Ohhh i really hope this happens! COME ON TV2!

Somebody should go to Odense(Isnt that where TV2 sporten is?) and picking or something.
****. You caught me :laugh:

:laugh::cry:
Funny and sad..

And. U Are probably correct. ....

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Oliver Bjørkstrand scored and won 5-1 in game 2. He's one win away from the second round of the Calder Cup which will most likely extend itself well into the WC. So chances of an Oliver-addition is fading.

The chances of Nicklas Jensen joining is looking great though. Rangers are all but done(Jinx-alert).

Freddie has decided to turn the series around so he's out of my mind.

Mads Christensen and Münich can win the DEL in a sweep tonight.

Oliver Lauridsen and Frölunda are up 3-1 in games before game 5 on sunday.

Oh yeah and Norway beat us 3-0. Nothing new on that front...

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Janne has extended past 2018...very good..stability has served us well for a long time..

And i really like janne

Tv2 sucks so much...their schedule says it will show cycling to 1330 and then ishockey studio...but lets just fit ANOTHER freaking hhandbal interview in between..

13.39...this will make me hate rikke skov for eternity

Edit: 13.53....now they are just taking the piss

Edit: 1400...finally! Janne starting ehlers with aagaard and from...

Last edited:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
I really like Green and what he has been a part of for so many years, but he doesn't belong on the national team anymore. This WC will be his last.

It's a shame that he doesn't get to play OG or WC in Denmark.

(and what's with the turnovers in the Norway-game?!?!)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I'm watching the game in a suspect Norwegian stream(Great commentators btw). But I'm missing who's centering Storm and Bjørkstrand?

Oh and how great it feels that Danish commentators calls it "hooking" and not "hægtning" :laugh:

EDIT:
Our D-mens ability to move the puck up the ice safely and quickly will be alfa omega against Norway. Their heavy fore check is causing us some trouble.

Out BP might need some work to

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad