World Championship 2016

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I also think From has to wait some years until he is more skilled defensively and have put on some muscle, since if he gets on the roster it would be as a bottom-6 player and there we have better options (Mathias Bau Hansen looks like someone to perhaps put on the 4th line, the way he has played for Frederikshavn this season!).

So which weighs most: The bad Bau from last WC or the good Bau from this year? Is now the time to admit he's gonna need a year in Sweden or something like that or is now the time to cash in on the invested time and experience he got last year.... Interesting dilemma which of course depends on who the other available forwards are gonna be.

Re: Mathias From

Rough shot at the first 12/13 forwards at camp:

Storm, Madsen, M. Poulsen, Regin, Julian Jakobsen, Anders Poulsen, Bjørkstrand...
depending how deep the PO-runs become Mads C, Hardt and Starkov could all be there to.

That leaves 2-6 spots open for people like Morten Green(You know he's gonna be there), Nicolai Meyer, Thomas Spelling, Mathias Bau, Steffen Frank, Felix Scheel, Jannik Karvinen and (if you wish) Mathias From or Kim Staal(He's never of the table). And then there's the wtf-thing Karlsson always brings or perhaps another center.

And of course there's always somebody who has a newbourn baby or a broken bone somewhere they need to take care of :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So which weighs most: The bad Bau from last WC or the good Bau from this year? Is now the time to admit he's gonna need a year in Sweden or something like that or is now the time to cash in on the invested time and experience he got last year.... Interesting dilemma which of course depends on who the other available forwards are gonna be.

Re: Mathias From

Rough shot at the first 12/13 forwards at camp:

Storm, Madsen, M. Poulsen, Regin, Julian Jakobsen, Anders Poulsen, Bjørkstrand...
depending how deep the PO-runs become Mads C, Hardt and Starkov could all be there to.

That leaves 2-6 spots open for people like Morten Green(You know he's gonna be there), Nicolai Meyer, Thomas Spelling, Mathias Bau, Steffen Frank, Felix Scheel, Jannik Karvinen and (if you wish) Mathias From or Kim Staal(He's never of the table). And then there's the wtf-thing Karlsson always brings or perhaps another center.

And of course there's always somebody who has a newbourn baby or a broken bone somewhere they need to take care of :laugh:

Off course it all depends who is available or not, but he did have a very impressive year for Frederikshavn; but I agree like Nicolai Meyer and also Thomas Spelling "its Allsvenskan time" for next year if they want to develop further.

From the 2-6 spots open you could also throw Patric Russell into the mix if his team leaves the playoffs early in NCAA!
If we want a heavy 4th line, Mathias Bau Hansen and Patrick Russell certainly brings some size.

So far it looks like as centers we could get :
Peter Regin, Julian Jacobsen, Morten Green or Anders H. Poulsen (since Jesper Jensen is out with injury). For the WC we might also get Lars Eller.

So with Patrick Bjørkstrand, Frederik Storm, Morten Madsen, Morten H. Poulsen ready we also have these players:
PO runs: Mads Christensen, Nichlas Hardt, Kirill Starkov.
Possible NHL players: Nikolaj Ehlers, Jannik Hansen, (Mikkel Bødker) - Frans Nielsen seems sure to go to playoffs like Frederik Andersen.
Possible AHL players: Nicklas Jensen, Oliver Bjørkstrand.

So who do you want to test at camp? It seems mostly useful to test players for a fourth line as the filling up for the WC would only leave a few spots there......

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Off course it all depends who is available or not, but he did have a very impressive year for Frederikshavn; but I agree like Nicolai Meyer and also Thomas Spelling "its Allsvenskan time" for next year if they want to develop further.

From the 2-6 spots open you could also throw Patric Russell into the mix if his team leaves the playoffs early in NCAA!
If we want a heavy 4th line, Mathias Bau Hansen and Patrick Russell certainly brings some size.

So far it looks like as centers we could get :
Peter Regin, Julian Jacobsen, Morten Green or Anders H. Poulsen (since Jesper Jensen is out with injury). For the WC we might also get Lars Eller.

So with Patrick Bjørkstrand, Frederik Storm, Morten Madsen, Morten H. Poulsen ready we also have these players:
PO runs: Mads Christensen, Nichlas Hardt, Kirill Starkov.
Possible NHL players: Nikolaj Ehlers, Jannik Hansen, (Mikkel Bødker) - Frans Nielsen seems sure to go to playoffs like Frederik Andersen.
Possible AHL players: Nicklas Jensen, Oliver Bjørkstrand.

So who do you want to test at camp? It seems mostly useful to test players for a fourth line as the filling up for the WC would only leave a few spots there......

Lake Erie sure looks like a playoff team but I don't know how far they'll go. So Bjørkstrand is questionable IMO.

Yeah I thought about Russell but he's such an unknown that he'd have to come home by camp one and impress from there. I don't think that'll be possible. He's like the anti-Staal in the same situation.

And regarding big players on the fourth line - I think it fell flat last year with Bau. If Bau's the 12th best forward you still take him, but I skeptical towards size being better for the fourth line than speed or hockey IQ or simple puck handling skills. At the level any glaring hole will cost you somehow IMO. So perhaps the best all rounder?

Btw Starkov or Mads Christensen could slide to center if you want Green out and still have five centers, but I'm not seeing it.

To sum up the roster... the goalie side looks like a Dahm-Galbraith-Georg Sørensen trio IMO. Simon Nielsen's gonna have to do some pretty amazing stuff this PO. Galbraith started out bad in the SHL but he's returning on the back of some decent numbers from DEL and he seemed to be getting better and better down there - so i'd say he's getting at least a couple of games. About as good a goalie-hand as you could hope for. Freddie could top everything by a early Anaheim-exit but I'd suspect he'd decline.

On the blue line the start-up kit seems to be Jesper B. Jensen(L), Markus Lauridsen(L), Oliver Lauridsen(L), Emil Kristensen(R) and Daniel Nielsen(R) IMO. Emil Kristensen has had a bumpy season and got dumped in the SHL. Markus Lauridsen seems to have had a great one but other than that it's kinda meh across the board. Jesper B. Jensen and Oliver Lauridsen seems to have played regularly in smaller roles in bigger leagues. Daniel Nielsen is Daniel Nielsen for the 15th tournament.

Stefan Lassen(L) and Philip Larsen(R) are question marks due to recent injuries after two great seasons in great leagues. IMO #1 and #2 in terms of importance back there.

Matias Lassen(L) has been a mainstay with Leksand so he's in there somewhere IMO.

Then there's properly the next tier of Mads Bødker(L), Rasmus Nielsen(L), Michael Eskesen(L), Nicholas B. Jensen(L), Simon Grønvaldt(R), Philip Bruggisser(R) and the rest of the usual suspects and young players making a case for them self.

Last year we brought eight D's didn't we?

As far as I can tell only Hardt, Oliver Lauridsen, Mads C and Stefan Lassen are at risk of missing the first warm-up games due to long PO-runs. And of course the NA-boys. I agree that Eller, Ehlers and Nicklas Jensen are the likely suspects so far.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Storm has a broken finger. I think he's out for the season?

Ehlers has an eye injury. Hopefully nothing too serious

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Storm has a broken finger. I think he's out for the season?

Ehlers has an eye injury. Hopefully nothing too serious

Malmö's season is already over, so Storm has about a month and a half to heal up in time for the World Championships. Now, I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on tv, but that sounds more than possible. :)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Peter Regin is out for the WC per Jimmy Bøjgaard. Had surgery on his shoulder a little over a week ago. Will be up and running for the OQ.

Big blow for the WC-team though. Our center depth looks a little rough by now.

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
Although I am happy that he will be ready for the OQ, I really would have liked to see the WC team with at least 2 of the 3 NHL tested centers. They can make such a big difference for their line and take some pressure away from the rest of the team.

And I do not like to hope for early play-off exit even though I would love to see Frans at the WC

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Although I am happy that he will be ready for the OQ, I really would have liked to see the WC team with at least 2 of the 3 NHL tested centers. They can make such a big difference for their line and take some pressure away from the rest of the team.

And I do not like to hope for early play-off exit even though I would love to see Frans at the WC

Agreed! Having our two best european centers miasing is a massive blow...

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
The first roster:

Goalies:
Sebastian Dahm, Graz 99'ers(EBEL)
Patrick Galbraith, Krefeld(DEL)
Thomas Lillie, Vaxjo Lakers U20(SuperElit)

D-men:
Philip Bruggisser(R), Rødovre(Metalligaen)
Martin Larsen(R), Odense(Metalligaen)
Emil Kristensen(R), Oskarhamn(Allsvenskan)
Nicolai Weichel(L), Rungsted(Metalligaen)
Rasmus Lyø(L), Odense(Metalligaen)
Jesper B. Jensen(L), Jokerit(KHL)

Forwards:
Frederik Storm, Malmø(SHL)
Morten Madsen, Hamburg Freezers(DEL)
Mathias From, Rögle(SHL)
Patrick Bjørkstrand, Zagreb(KHL)
Mikkel Aagaard, Sudbury Wolvew(OHL)
Mikael T. Christensen, Rødovre(Metalligaen)
Morten Poulsen, Graz 99ers(EBEL)
Anders Poulsen, Oskarhamn(Allsvenskan)
Kiril Starkov, Red Ice(NLB)
Nicolai Meyer, Aalborg(Metalligaen)
Felix Scheel, Bjorkloven(Allsvenskan)
Jannik Karvinen, Rødovre(Metalligaen)
Matthias Asperup, Rødovre(Metalligaen)

Link: http://ishockey.dk/jan-karlsson-den-bedste-tid-paa-aaret-begynder-nu/

Havn't seen what to make of the Philip Larsen omission. Morten Green's not there either. Simon Grønvaldt lost to Martin Larsen or declined. Perhaps I've missed a few others.

Jonas Røndbjerg, Nikolai Krag Christensen, Oliver Gatz and Oliver Larsen from the U18 will be joining the practice.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
nice to include some of the youngters..and nice to see lillie...him and sørensen will fight for the 3rd spot...

Sørensen is rumoured to go to Allsvenskan btw...

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
You think? Simon Nielsen could get that spot as well. Been solid this play off.

He is in the mix, i just think it will be one of the young guys....If he wont beat out Galbraith for the second spot which i think is almost impossible, then i dont see a point in having an expirienced goalie just sit on the bench. Lillie or Sørensen will get important expirience in the test games and give them a taste of the world championship.

Simon Nielsen might be better than sørensen and lillie, just by his expirience but not nearly a big enough upgrade to justify giving him the spot ahead of them.

It seems like Janne is very aware of also building our future which is great to see.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Patrick Russell, Morten Green and Matias Lassen called up. Mikael T. Christensen, Mathias Asperup and Thomas Lillie is out.

Still no sign of Philip Larsen.

Also on the watch list:

Stefan Lassen
Markus Lauridsen
Nichlas Hardt

Their seasons over but they might need a couple of days rest before joining the WC-team.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
Also on the watch list:

Stefan Lassen
Markus Lauridsen
Nichlas Hardt

Hardt has opted out. Markus Lauridsen had a minor injury during the qualification games for SHL. Stefan Lassen is qustionable...

If wasn't for the good prospects concerning participation from some of the NHL'ers the team would be even worse than last year - where we thought we had hit the bottom. Denmark is not a hockey nation that can afford the opt outs we have seen the last years!!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
No Hardt, No Regin, No Jakobsen, and im very skeptical about Larsen going....dont know what is happening with him and the coach:(

We need massive backup from NA, or we are toast.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Hardt has opted out. Markus Lauridsen had a minor injury during the qualification games for SHL. Stefan Lassen is qustionable...

If wasn't for the good prospects concerning participation from some of the NHL'ers the team would be even worse than last year - where we thought we had hit the bottom. Denmark is not a hockey nation that can afford the opt outs we have seen the last years!!

No Hardt, No Regin, No Jakobsen, and im very skeptical about Larsen going....dont know what is happening with him and the coach:(

We need massive backup from NA, or we are toast.

Saw the Hardt opt out. Ouch.

Philip Larsen properly has all eyes on the Canucks pre-season camp where he needs to buy himself a year in the NHL.

Gotta say... Looking grim

EDIT: Missed it but both Montreal and Winnipeg has given an vague but green light for Eller and Ehlers. Now it's up the two. So there's that.

LINK: http://sport.tv2.dk/ishockey/2016-04-01-nhl-klub-slaar-fast-dansker-kan-spille-vm

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Saw the Hardt opt out. Ouch.

Philip Larsen properly has all eyes on the Canucks pre-season camp where he needs to buy himself a year in the NHL.

Gotta say... Looking grim

EDIT: Missed it but both Montreal and Winnipeg has given an vague but green light for Eller and Ehlers. Now it's up the two. So there's that.

LINK: http://sport.tv2.dk/ishockey/2016-04-01-nhl-klub-slaar-fast-dansker-kan-spille-vm

Larsen just shows that he will always pick himself over the national team...his reason last year was thin and janne is obviosly pissed.

Hopes the nhl throws him his deluded ass out quickly...he just isnt an nhl player.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Getting a tiny bit pissed with all these jackasses opting out like some kind of superstars!

Its really dissapointing behaviour! And now 2 yrs in a row.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad