Nicolai Meyer

Jesper B Jensen - Philip Larsen
Oliver Lauridsen - Markus Lauridsen
Stefan Lassen - Emil Kristensen
Matias Lassen

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith
Sebastian Dahm

Jesper Jensen (Rögle) is injured and i dont think Islanders will go deep into Stanley Cup. Hopefully all the NHL-Danes will accept invites.

This team could reach semifinal!

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Jannik Hansen - Frans Nielsen - Mikkel Bødker
Frederik Storm - Lars Eller - Nikolaj Ehlers
Patrick Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin - Nichlas Hardt
Christoffer Kjærgaard - Mads Christensen - Felix Maegaard Scheel
Nicolai Meyer

Jesper B Jensen - Philip Larsen
Oliver Lauridsen - Markus Lauridsen
Stefan Lassen - Emil Kristensen
Matias Lassen

Frederik Andersen
Patrick Galbraith
Sebastian Dahm

Jesper Jensen (Rögle) is injured and i dont think Islanders will go deep into Stanley Cup. Hopefully all the NHL-Danes will accept invites.

This team could reach semifinal!

You forgot Morten Madsen. As mentioned in a previous post, I believe he is our best defensive forward not on the top 2 lines. I would count Frans Nielsen as a better defensive forward, but obviously, he is needed in an offensive role as well.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Forgot Daniel Nielsen in defense.

About the forwards definitely Morten Madsen, Julian Jacobsen, Oliver Bjørkstrand and Morten H. Poulsen will be ahead of Christoffer Kjaergaard, Felix Scheel and Nicolai Meyer.

Morten Madsen, Julian Jacobsen and then either Oliver Bjørkstrand/Morten H. Poulsen will be a good defensive line.
Mads Christensen should not play fourth line, so he is perhaps more like a 13th forward you can rotate in or our a higher line in case of injury. [and he is himself quite injury prone].

Patrick Bjørkstrand and Frederik Storm has played a lot together with Jesper Jensen in the NT.
Making a third line with them with Lars Eller as center looks solid to me.
But Patrick Bjørkstrand can also be upgraded to second line and have Nichlas Hardt instead on third?

So who you want to put beside Frans Nielsen at the wings on the first line?
Peter Regin seems to me best as second line - Eller is defensively better at third line.
Mikkel Bødker, Nikolaj Ehlers, Jannik Hansen are given as the top 6 wings, but with the fourth guy in that equation still up to lot of debate.....

1st line: Nikolaj Ehlers & Mikkel Bødker with Frans Nielsen?
2nd line: Patrick Bjørkstrand/Nichlas Hardt & Jannik Hansen with Peter Regin?
3rd line: Patrick Bjørkstrand/Nichlas Hardt & Frederik Storm with Lars Eller
4th line: Morten Madsen & Oliver Bjørkstrand/Morten H Poulsen with Julian Jacobsen?
13th forward: Mads Christensen

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Forgot Daniel Nielsen in defense.

About the forwards definitely Morten Madsen, Julian Jacobsen, Oliver Bjørkstrand and Morten H. Poulsen will be ahead of Christoffer Kjaergaard, Felix Scheel and Nicolai Meyer.

Morten Madsen, Julian Jacobsen and then either Oliver Bjørkstrand/Morten H. Poulsen will be a good defensive line.
Mads Christensen should not play fourth line, so he is perhaps more like a 13th forward you can rotate in or our a higher line in case of injury. [and he is himself quite injury prone].

Patrick Bjørkstrand and Frederik Storm has played a lot together with Jesper Jensen in the NT.
Making a third line with them with Lars Eller as center looks solid to me.
But Patrick Bjørkstrand can also be upgraded to second line and have Nichlas Hardt instead on third?

So who you want to put beside Frans Nielsen at the wings on the first line?
Peter Regin seems to me best as second line - Eller is defensively better at third line.
Mikkel Bødker, Nikolaj Ehlers, Jannik Hansen are given as the top 6 wings, but with the fourth guy in that equation still up to lot of debate.....

1st line: Nikolaj Ehlers & Mikkel Bødker with Frans Nielsen?
2nd line: Patrick Bjørkstrand/Nichlas Hardt & Jannik Hansen with Peter Regin?
3rd line: Patrick Bjørkstrand/Nichlas Hardt & Frederik Storm with Lars Eller
4th line: Morten Madsen & Oliver Bjørkstrand/Morten H Poulsen with Julian Jacobsen?

I would split Ehlers and Bødker on two different lines to spread the extreme speed out a bit...Although a Ehlers-Nielsen-Bødker line would probably be the fastest line any team could produce.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Patrick Thoresen - Mathis Olimb - Mats Zucarello
Andreas Martinsen - Michael Haga - Mats Rosseli Olsen
Per-Åge Skrøder - Ken Andre Olimb - Sondre Olden
Martin Röymark - Andreas Stene - Robin Dahlström

Jonas Holøs - Mattias Nørstebø
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen - Nicolai Bryhnisveen
Erlend Lesund - Alexander Bonsaksen

Lars Haugen
Lars Volden
Henrik Haukeland

Denmark is better...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I would split Ehlers and Bødker on two different lines to spread the extreme speed out a bit...Although a Ehlers-Nielsen-Bødker line would probably be the fastest line any team could produce.

Well Jannik Hansen provides ample speed as well on the second line and would be a good physical presence to back up Regin.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Patrick Thoresen - Mathis Olimb - Mats Zucarello
Andreas Martinsen - Michael Haga - Mats Rosseli Olsen
Per-Åge Skrøder - Ken Andre Olimb - Sondre Olden
Martin Röymark - Andreas Stene - Robin Dahlström

Jonas Holøs - Mattias Nørstebø
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen - Nicolai Bryhnisveen
Erlend Lesund - Alexander Bonsaksen

Lars Haugen
Lars Volden
Henrik Haukeland

Denmark is better...

Heh....we finally beat Norway last WC..but we have been better than Norway on paper plenty of times and still ended up losing.

Well Jannik Hansen provides ample speed as well on the second line and would be a good physical presence to back up Regin.

There is plenty of speed to go around, but Bødker and Ehlers has that little extra speed that very few players can match. And I would worry a bit about them being too offensive with both on that line. Frans is a brilliant defensive center but that first line will match up against the best lines of the big teams and will need to keep out the goals as well.

I really like the lines you proposed in your earlier post.

A Madsen-Jacobsen-O. Bjørkstrand 4th line especially intrigues me.

My personal pick is inspired by yours with minor changes...
1st line: Nikolaj Ehlers & Jannik Hansen with Frans Nielsen
Nielsens view for the game, and his passing will set up Ehlers and Hansen...
2nd line: Nichlas Hardt & Mikkel Bødker with Peter Regin
Two good lines mates of Regin, and Hardt adds some violent forechecking to the mix. Some might say we lack size, but these three arent exactly types who is easily pushed off the puck.
3rd line: Patrick Bjørkstrand & Frederik Storm with Lars Eller
Just makes sense to just put Eller in instead of Jensen and just go ahead with what works.
4th line: Morten Madsen & Oliver Bjørkstrand with Julian Jacobsen
Think this is a very good 4th line to have. Oliver Bjørkstrand is better suited on a higher line but there isnt really room and he is way too good to be left out. And he's is still a responsible player defensively.
Can fit in almost anywhere.

God, this team would rule.

Tons of speed, tons of goals...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
There is plenty of speed to go around, but Bødker and Ehlers has that little extra speed that very few players can match. And I would worry a bit about them being too offensive with both on that line. Frans is a brilliant defensive center but that first line will match up against the best lines of the big teams and will need to keep out the goals as well.

I really like the lines you proposed in your earlier post.

A Madsen-Jacobsen-O. Bjørkstrand 4th line especially intrigues me.

My personal pick is inspired by yours with minor changes...
1st line: Nikolaj Ehlers & Jannik Hansen with Frans Nielsen
Nielsens view for the game, and his passing will set up Ehlers and Hansen...
2nd line: Nichlas Hardt & Mikkel Bødker with Peter Regin
Two good lines mates of Regin, and Hardt adds some violent forechecking to the mix. Some might say we lack size, but these three arent exactly types who is easily pushed off the puck.
3rd line: Patrick Bjørkstrand & Frederik Storm with Lars Eller
Just makes sense to just put Eller in instead of Jensen and just go ahead with what works.
4th line: Morten Madsen & Oliver Bjørkstrand with Julian Jacobsen
Think this is a very good 4th line to have. Oliver Bjørkstrand is better suited on a higher line but there isnt really room and he is way too good to be left out. And he's is still a responsible player defensively.
Can fit in almost anywhere.

God, this team would rule.

Tons of speed, tons of goals

Yeah lets really hope they will have the chance to play together all at the same time!
But it really looks amazingly good!
So we have Morten H. Poulsen, Jesper Jensen (Injured) and Nicklas Jensen as the best forwards just outside this team. Of these Morten H. Poulsen is the most useful 4th line player.

You could off course gamble and put Oliver Bjørkstrand on the second line with Regin and Hansen/Bødker and then have Madsen + Hardt with Julian Jacobsen on the forth line?

As for the defense:
1st pair. Do you go for the Jokerit duo: Jesper "B" Jensen and Philip Larsen [or does it lack muscle?]
2nd pair: Daniel Nielsen and Oliver Lauridsen. [Solid under pressure and excellent together last WC]
3rd pair: Stefan Lassen + Emil Kristensen.
7th D-man: Markus Lauridsen or Matias Lassen

Alternatively - as some of you know I like the smaller+bigger guy d-man pairing:
1st pair: Philip Larsen + Stefan Lassen (gives Larsen some back up muscle).
2nd pair: Daniel Nielsen + Oliver Lauridsen
3rd pair: Jesper "B" Jensen + Markus Lauridsen
7th D-man: Emil Kristensen or Matias Lassen

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Heh....we finally beat Norway last WC..but we have been better than Norway on paper plenty of times and still ended up losing.

It's at this time - before the roster is shaping up - that the value of the coach is most clear to me. Janne Karlssons ability to shape a simpel yet effective system and put together pairings and lines with the needed chemistry will be 50 percent of a successful tournament.

As we've seen against Norway many times... strength on paper only gets you so far. :(

The rest seems... a bit premature eh? :laugh:

I think it's lovely that the schedule is put together so the two lowest seeded meet in the last game. Maximum suspense :handclap:

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It's at this time - before the roster is shaping up - that the value of the coach is most clear to me. Janne Karlssons ability to shape a simpel yet effective system and put together pairings and lines with the needed chemistry will be 50 percent of a successful tournament.

As we've seen against Norway many times... strength on paper only gets you so far. :(

The rest seems... a bit premature eh? :laugh:

I think it's lovely that the schedule is put together so the two lowest seeded meet in the last game. Maximum suspense :handclap:

Agree. But even if premature you can still dream :D
I was just putting together roster thoughts with everyone (uninjured) available.
Would be unlikely for all the NHL Danes to miss the playoffs, but it could happen.......

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Team for Metal Challenge

http://ishockey.dk/superstaerkt-landshold-hjem-til-metal-challenge-i-roedovre/

Pos. Name DOB H W Shoots Club Team
GK Georg Sørensen 15-05-1995 178 80 L Frederikshavn White Hawks (DEN)
GK Patrick Galbraith 11-03-1986 183 81 L Krefeld Pinguine (GER)
D Mads Bødker 31-08-1987 175 80 L SønderjyskE (DEN)
D Daniel Nielsen 31-10-1980 183 80 R Blue Fox Herning (DEN)
D Markus Lauridsen 28-02-1991 188 89 L AIK Stockholm (SWE)
D Oliver Lauridsen 24-03-1989 197 104 L Frölunda Indians (SWE)
D Emil Kristensen 20-09-1992 184 81 R Rögle/Oskarshamn (SWE)
D Jesper B. Jensen 30-07-1991 183 82 L Jokerit Helsinki (FIN)
D Stefan Lassen 01-11-1985 190 90 L Pelicans (FIN)
F Mathias Bau Hansen 03-07-1993 200 108 L Frederikshavn White Hawks (DEN)
F Morten Madsen 16-01-1987 190 87 L Hamburg Freezers (GER)
F Peter Regin 16-04-1986 187 90 L Jokerit (FIN)
F Mads Christensen 02-04-1987 180 85 L EHC München (GER)
F Frederik Storm 20-02-1989 180 86 L Malmø Redhawks (SWE)
F Morten Green 19-03-1981 182 88 L Rungsted Seier Capital (DEN)
F Steffen Frank 22-03-1989 190 90 L Herning Blue Fox (DEN)
F Anders Poulsen 18-01-1991 182 86 L Oskarshamn (SWE)
F Morten Poulsen 09-09-1988 185 84 L Graz 99’ers (AUT)
F Thomas Spelling 09-02-1993 186 80 R SønderjyskE (DEN)
F Patrick Bjorkstrand 01-07-1992 184 87 L Zagreb (CRO)
F Søren Nielsen 15-09-1996 183 80 L Esbjerg Energy (DEN)

A few things stand out: Still no Meyer? One has to wonder what he has to do to get selected.

I would say it looks a little rushed to select Søren Nielsen, but it will be interesting to see what he can do at this level.

Both George Sørensen and Galbraith have been struggling for significant stretches this season, so I'm a bit surprised that Sebastian Dahm was not included. Can't say I see a lot of the Austrian league, but his stats look solid for playing on a team at the bottom of the table and his contract has just been extended for another year, so he must have been playing well.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
A few things stand out: Still no Meyer? One has to wonder what he has to do to get selected.

I would say it looks a little rushed to select Søren Nielsen, but it will be interesting to see what he can do at this level.

Both George Sørensen and Galbraith have been struggling for significant stretches this season, so I'm a bit surprised that Sebastian Dahm was not included. Can't say I see a lot of the Austrian league, but his stats look solid for playing on a team at the bottom of the table and his contract has just been extended for another year, so he must have been playing well.

Three good WTF's andersej.

The goalie thing is perhaps an attempt to try and find out if Galbraith's alright and if not... What then? Looking at stats from Sebastian Dahms season... he must have grown into a secure spot as #2 after Freddie. If not it must be Dahms choice - not Karlssons.

The Søren Nielsen-thing I kinda get but I don't like it. I get the thought behind using these camps to bring in young players you know sooner or later are gonna be fixture on the roster. But that should be your Matias Lassen's, Jonas Røndbjerg's or Mathias From's... not your Søren Nielsen's. Not having seen Søren Nielsen play I could be missing a great defensive side to his game, but it seems like a "reward"-pick. In that case most clubs in Denmark may have someone they could argue should be rewarded. In Rødovre Mikael T. Christensen has had a great year for instance.

Nicolai Meyer not being there I don't get either. He's in spectacular form. Try it out. Again it must be Meyer's choice.

I can't help but notice that the #7D is Mads Bødker above Philip Bruggisser, Simon Grønvaldt, Michael Eskesen or who ever.

Last edited:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
The goalie thing is perhaps an attempt to try and find out if Galbraith's alright and if not... What then? Looking at stats from Sebastian Dahms season... he must have grown into a secure spot as #2 after Freddie. If not it must be Dahms choice - not Karlssons.

I agree; it is most likely Dahm's choice. He probably asked not to participate.

The Søren Nielsen-thing I kinda get but I don't like it. I get the thought behind using these camps to bring in young players you know sooner or later are gonna be fixture on the roster. But that should be your Matias Lassen's, Jonas Røndbjerg's or Mathias From's... not your Søren Nielsen's. Not having seen Søren Nielsen play I could be missing a great defensive side to his game, but it seems like a "reward"-pick. In that case most clubs in Denmark may have someone they could argue should be rewarded. In Rødovre Mikael T. Christensen has had a great year for instance.

I am also surprised that he is giving Søren Nielsen a roster spot. He is a good and talented player, but as you write many other could have been picked instead. But according to Faceoff-online.dk Karlsson was rather sure that Søren had deserved it: "– Jeg var i Finland for at se U20-landsholdet spille VM, og så mange spillere med stort potentiale. Søren (Nielsen) var en af dem, og jeg har virkelig set hans spil blive modnet i løbet af den her sæson. Han har fortjent at prøve sig af på det her niveau, siger Janne Karlsson."

Nicolai Meyer not being there I don't get either. He's in spectacular form. Try it out. Again it must be Meyer's choice.

No it was certainly not Meyer's choice. Nicolai Meyer would very much have liked to participate according to the below article and video:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/nicolai-meyer-selvfoelgelig-er-jeg-skuffet/

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I agree; it is most likely Dahm's choice. He probably asked not to participate.

I am also surprised that he is giving Søren Nielsen a roster spot. He is a good and talented player, but as you write many other could have been picked instead. But according to Faceoff-online.dk Karlsson was rather sure that Søren had deserved it: "– Jeg var i Finland for at se U20-landsholdet spille VM, og så mange spillere med stort potentiale. Søren (Nielsen) var en af dem, og jeg har virkelig set hans spil blive modnet i løbet af den her sæson. Han har fortjent at prøve sig af på det her niveau, siger Janne Karlsson."

No it was certainly not Meyer's choice. Nicolai Meyer would very much have liked to participate according to the below article and video:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/nicolai-meyer-selvfoelgelig-er-jeg-skuffet/

Yeah or Dahm might not have had a say. I get the mission of trying to eliminate your question marks in which case playing Dahm in these games doesn't do you much given that he's got the best D's minus Philip Larsen on the ice.

On Søren Nielsen I'm gonna trust Karlsson's simply better at evaluating talent.

Not picking Nicolai Meyer I just don't get.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah or Dahm might not have had a say. I get the mission of trying to eliminate your question marks in which case playing Dahm in these games doesn't do you much given that he's got the best D's minus Philip Larsen on the ice.

On Søren Nielsen I'm gonna trust Karlsson's simply better at evaluating talent.

Not picking Nicolai Meyer I just don't get

Agree. Maybe he REALLY sees something in Søren Nielsen for the future the future and then I think it admirable to use these training games to test young players!
But with the form Nicolai Meyer is in, I can't understand why other Danish league forwards are picked before him?!
Dahm doesn't need testing - he is the second goalie after Frederik Andersen as he showed last WC and also have great stats in EBEL playing for a team that has been outmatched most of the season.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Agree. Maybe he REALLY sees something in Søren Nielsen for the future the future and then I think it admirable to use these training games to test young players!
But with the form Nicolai Meyer is in, I can't understand why other Danish league forwards are picked before him?!
Dahm doesn't need testing - he is the second goalie after Frederik Andersen as he showed last WC and also have great stats in EBEL playing for a team that has been outmatched most of the season.

No doubt - If it's the strategy to take in youngster who in the future will be a part of the National Team and give them a sense of what it takes and an little moral boost along the way I totally get it. But then I would've thought that Mathias From, Jonas Røndbjerg, Matias Lassen or some one who a more "sure bet" to be a NT-player for years to come would have gotten the shot. But again that may be part of my lack of knowledge of Søren Nielsen. Perhaps he's our 4C at the WC in two years time ;)

BTW: Karlsson likes to pick up young forwards for the NT. Mathias Mølgaard and Henrik Nielsen was there last time I think

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
No Matias Lassen???

Top 4 D in Leksand. He must be way better than Bødker and Daniel Nielsen.

But he will probably get a WC-spot out of camp

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
No Matias Lassen???

Top 4 D in Leksand. He must be way better than Bødker and Daniel Nielsen.

But he will probably get a WC-spot out of camp

Daniel Nielsen is still among Denmark's best and most solid defenders and best Danish defender from last WC and the Danish League Player of the Year last year as well. Daniel Nielsen played 3 years in DEL and then decided to return home to Herning in 2014 on a three year contract. If he hadn't returned he would still play in DEL.
Also he is Denmark's by far most experience d-man with 68 WC matches (he has been playing most of the matches Denmark has played at WC level since 2002).

I think Matias Lassen will fight for the 7th d-man spot at the WC with Kristensen, Bruggisser, Grønvaldt, Bødker, Eskesen and the like.
Here I think Emil Kristensen will take the 7th spot from him.

For these training matches I agree that Matias Lassen probably would be ahead of Mads Bødker?

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Four warm-up games ahead:

April 7th) vs. Latvia in Aalborg
April 9th) vs. Latvia in Odense
April 13th-17th) Some sort of trip to France
April 21st) vs. Norway in Rødovre
April 23rd) vs. Norway in Vojens
April 27th-May 1st) A trip to Slovakia where there will also be a game against Hungary
May 7th) Game #1 against Norway. Must win :D

Link: http://ishockey.dk/saadan-spiller-landsholdet-hjemme-frem-mod-vm/

On the injury watch list front: Stefan Lassen and Philip Larsen are mending injuries.

Beside the exit of Jokerit Sebastian Dahm and Morten Poulsen are done in Austria. Dahm put up some of the finest goaltending numbers in the league despite playing behind a - judging by the standing - bad team. Morten Poulsen was the topscorer of the team. Patrick Bjørkstrands season is also over - he yet again improved his numbers from last year.

Felix Scheel and Christoffer Kjærgaard(Didn't know he was still around) have also completed their Allsvenskan seasons.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Four warm-up games ahead:

April 7th) vs. Latvia in Aalborg
April 9th) vs. Latvia in Odense
April 13th-17th) Some sort of trip to France
April 21st) vs. Norway in Rødovre
April 23rd) vs. Norway in Vojens
April 27th-May 1st) A trip to Slovakia where there will also be a game against Hungary
May 7th) Game #1 against Norway. Must win :D

Link: http://ishockey.dk/saadan-spiller-landsholdet-hjemme-frem-mod-vm/

On the injury watch list front: Stefan Lassen and Philip Larsen are mending injuries.

Beside the exit of Jokerit Sebastian Dahm and Morten Poulsen are done in Austria. Dahm put up some of the finest goaltending numbers in the league despite playing behind a - judging by the standing - bad team. Morten Poulsen was the topscorer of the team. Patrick Bjørkstrands season is also over - he yet again improved his numbers from last year.

Felix Scheel and Christoffer Kjærgaard(Didn't know he was still around) have also completed their Allsvenskan seasons.

Sebastian Dahm's statistics are really impressive (joint best save% of 93,1 though Graz was 11th out of 12 teams in the league). It seems he basically "rescued" them from being annihilated. Morten Poulsen also did good as a forward though his +/- statistics of -20 just shows how outplayed this team really was.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
could Mathias From make the team this year?

Played in Røgles 1. line today and scored a goal..

He played in the frist line because Rögle already has secured the spot in the SHL next season, but I would love to see him in the warm up games in april. I don't see him as a wc player though. We have better choices for the 1. and 2. line, and I can't see him as a checking line player.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
could Mathias From make the team this year?

Played in Røgles 1. line today and scored a goal..

I would say no....From is a talent, but raw and there are plenty of others who would get the call before him.

But sometimes coaches makes a decision to take a young guy like the did with Søren Nielsen recently.

I would doubt From going this year...

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I too doubt that From will make the team. But he should definitely get invited to camp. Just to get a good look at him, also for the future. And then he has the chance to show he's too good to send home. Especially since he can't go to the U18 WJC.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I also think From has to wait some years until he is more skilled defensively and have put on some muscle, since if he gets on the roster it would be as a bottom-6 player and there we have better options (Mathias Bau Hansen looks like someone to perhaps put on the 4th line, the way he has played for Frederikshavn this season!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->